Do I Have To Make An Online Application?

Hi. I was intending to schedule an appointment with VFS Global for early January, (I am in the UK ), for a UK tourist visa, but it seems no dates are available or they are not accepting them from overseas. I quote from their website; http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx ((I got to this website by making an online application at the VFS global website.))

''From 23/12/10 Tier 1 (General) has been closed to applications made overseas. Visa applications made and paid for before 23/12/10 will be processed as normal.''

not sure how i can make an appointment now, apart from make an online one. is this correct, do i have to make an online appointment?

Kanush, I thought you held a British Passport, if so you don't need a visa so and don't need to schedule an appointment.

If you are referring to your girlfriend, then no she doesn't need to schedule an appointment, though that is best, she can just pitch up at VFS and submit her application on a first come first served basis, though she ought to get there early and must be prepared to wait.

As your girlfriend is applying for a Tourist Visa, Tier 1 restrictions don't apply to her, these are for visas for skilled workers.

thanks theoldgit

I am trying to schedule an appointment for my girlfriend. no dates at all are available, except 1 time slot on the 30th December. I find this strange. I will submit the application online, after the 1st / Jan ( because of the 3 month in advance rule ). Maybe they have not updated their website.