Farang Food In Chalong

petercallen

O.K., I'm not going to try Kallots, back to the Breakfast Hut.

Very disappointed because I feel the quality in Kallots Restaurant wasn't as good as it was and I really did have high hopes for this Breakfast Hut.

hmmmmm....my breakfasts there are usually great.

Oh well, to each their own

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to give Kallot's a go.

If someone was to set these two breakfasts down side by side without knowing where they came from, it would be obvious which one most people would choose.

Edited by KarenBravo

TRY Brown coffee for the 120 bht english brekkie...

mr moos sausage 2 bacon 2 eggs beans tomato 2 slices good brown toast small fresh orange.good cofee or tea + individual,,jam,marmalade and butter....They also have thai ,and healthy break fast as well..

mr moos sausage 2 bacon 2 eggs beans tomato 2 slices good brown toast small fresh orange.good cofee or tea + individual,,jam,marmalade and butter....They also have thai ,and healthy break fast as well..

Directions please. I'll give it a go.

Directions please. I'll give it a go.

Down the small soi going from asia bar past Rawai muaty thai boxing .. further down about 150 mtrs on the left.....i have never had bad food at kallots, but i dont like the atmosphere there..thats why i can reccomend most of these places i go to i get warm freindly sevice..good luck hope you like it...

Moo Tex Mex on Sai Yuan at the bend in the road. Moo, the ex number one for K. Don has a spot on her land at the turn near to the old Don's Mall. Had a perfect rendetion of the old Don's Sat night event. I'm going by today to check for a sign on the next event. Lovely place and great ladies.

My ten cents on some of the place's mentioned.........

Kallot very good breakie and thai food too......

went to Yummies for lunch and had goulash was very good and fresh rolls very nice but expensive and the waitres very dumb got my thai ladies order wrong three times and she ended up just watching me eat also was soooo slow too about and hour too get our order just for 2 people not that busy i think the swiss owner is the cook and he was more busy shooting the bull with his mates than cooking our food??? but my food was good and i'll try them again...

Fattys ???? I have attempted to go here a number of times and its either closed or has nobody inside even went in for a beer and girl looked at me like she not want too serve me....

Aries corner in Rawai have had good food there in the past but last time we went the steak was awful impossible to get a well done steak there dog not even eat plus they make it seem like fancy place expensive but basiclly is a road side stall even had burmese street folk selling fireworks while we were trying to eat ...PISS OFF i hate that...no more

Rick en rools tried a couple of times to get a cheeseburger there but never open oh well....

good place i found was....

Brown Rice ....little roadside place near the old Dons next to motorbike shop....accross from rawai steak

run by a very cute muslim girl very affordable and all fresh food and all you can eat brown rice serve yourself very nice soups and fresh sandwich ....yummy enjoy

O.K., I'm not going to try Kallots, back to the Breakfast Hut.

Well........I decided I was going to try this Breakfast Hut, especially after so many recommendations.

With the directions given, I found the place with no problems.

Nice parking area for the bike and there were many customers.

I found a seat at a table and sat down. The ambiance was very nice; better than Kallot's.

Within a few moments, a chirpy waitress arrived with the menu. I ordered the Big Breakfast, priced within 5 Bt to Kallot's.

Coffee and juice arrived very quickly. The coffee was superb and I could see this place becoming my new breakfast place.

The breakfast arrived promptly and was set down before me.

I suddenly faced the wall so that the chirpy waitress wouldn't see the crestfallen expression on my face.

As she walked off, I took a closer look at my breakfast.

Where was the huge, doormat piece of toast, cut from a fresh, unsliced white loaf?

Instead, there were two sorry slices of the ubiquitous "medium white-sliced". Plastic bread. Not real.

My attention then wandered to the bacon. The bacon was also that cheap, streaky bacon available all over Thailand that shrivels to half it's size when cooked. It looked like there was a pile of thick, brown rubber bands on my plate.

The least I was expecting was proper back-bacon as per Kallot's.

A sorry looking tomato about the size of a small lemon sat on my plate, one side slightly singed.

Where was my big tomato sliced in two and fried? Back at Kallot's.

Even the fried eggs had been cooked within an inch of their lives. They were basically hard-boiled eggs in the shape of fried eggs.

The eggs are always cooked right at Kallot's

Very disappointed because I feel the quality in Kallots Restaurant wasn't as good as it was and I really did have high hopes for this Breakfast Hut.

Kallot's on a bad day is streets ahead of BH. Not even any mushrooms included as at Kallot's.

Is Bravo your real name? Or should we call you Kallot? whistling.gif

Totally unbiased opinion.

If you read the post, you will see that I mention Kallot's quality has slipped, yet, the food is still better than Breakfast Hut.

Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

Edited by KarenBravo

You need to give Kallot's a go.

If someone was to set these two breakfasts down side by side without knowing where they came from, it would be obvious which one most people would choose.

KB, i used to be a BIG fan of kallot's...ate there at least three times a week. in the recent months, i feel the place has gone down hill. the food hasn't been as consistent, the service hasn't been as sweet and i've been turned away from there on more than one occasion because they wanted to close (both times around 6:30 p.m.) it's been two month since i've been there, and i don't foresee going back anytime soon.

breakfast hut is hit or miss. many expats sing the praises of that place, but i think it is just mediocre. i've gotten thai tummy from that place more times than not. i haven't gone to morning coffee in ages...it always looks busy, but the menu is expensive. mike and ya, who run the place, are both very nice people, though.

have you (or anyone else on this forum) tried the thaiphoon bistro in nai harn? it's got a breakfast buffet for 150 THB...it looks good. anyone?

have you (or anyone else on this forum) tried the thaiphoon bistro in nai harn? it's got a breakfast buffet for 150 THB...it looks good. anyone?

Where is the Thaiphoon Bistro?

if you are coming down sai yuan road, you will come to a t-junction...7-11 will be on your right and if you make a left, you will find banana corner. don't make that left! instead, turn right like you are going to take the short cut to kata. thaiphoon bistro is on the right...just a few doors down from what used to be latino's and is now the free bird. it wasn't open last night when i drove by after work, but i am hoping to get there this weekend to check it out.

Totally unbiased opinion.

If you read the post, you will see that I mention Kallot's quality has slipped, yet, the food is still better than Breakfast Hut.

Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

Why so serious? I was just trying to lighten the thread sad.gif

But i will try it...smile.gif

Sandwich Shoppe has awesome food and good coffee as long as you like American stylee! wink.gif

location please ???

is this the place inside of villa market ???

There is a more comfortable one with tables & chairs further down Chao Fa East, next to Wine Connection. Villa Mart branch is really for takeaways.

Just tried this place. One rasher of back bacon, not two.

For the "value for money" breakfast, it'll be hard to beat this. Very good for the princely sum of 120 Bt.

Old Samkong is good, never tried the new one, and you get what you pay for, if you want great great steaks go 9th floor

9 th Floor is indeed very very good but you pay for it.

Don't forget to ask for the table at the wondow for the view :)

Old Samkong is good, never tried the new one, and you get what you pay for, if you want great great steaks go 9th floor

Getting to the 9th floor has always put me off on this place.

Wouldn't say the safest part of Patong, when I got in the elevator, didn't want to touch anything, expected to find a used condom in there..............elevator, building and environs not to my liking.

But, get past all that and yes, I've heard the food is good and expensive.

Sandwich Shoppe has awesome food and good coffee as long as you like American stylee! wink.gif

location please ???

is this the place inside of villa market ???

Just nxt door to Wine Connection, Chaofa East.

Try the big breakfast there - sausage patty, streaky bacon, eggs, with a coffee or tea and your choice of thick pancakes or French toast. Cant remember the price but i'm quite tight so it cant be that much!biggrin.gif

Also - nice atmosphere, reading materials and friendly staff. See you there for Sunday 'Changovers'

Getting to the 9th floor has always put me off on this place.

Wouldn't say the safest part of Patong, when I got in the elevator, didn't want to touch anything, expected to find a used condom in there..............elevator, building and environs not to my liking.

But, get past all that and yes, I've heard the food is good and expensive.

How many years since you have been in that building?????

Anyone tried the Chao Khun brekkie buffet? A friend of mine says it's much better than thaiphoon around the corner, but I've yet to try either.

i use to go there around 2 times a week, but then price went up and the breakfast buffet went downhill, think at that time it changed owner, not sure how it is now,,try and let me know :)

Anyone tried the Chao Khun brekkie buffet? A friend of mine says it's much better than thaiphoon around the corner, but I've yet to try either.

Reasonable breakfast. In low season they used to have a few days a week 100 baht, which was excellent value for money.

Reasonable breakfast. In low season they used to have a few days a week 100 baht, which was excellent value for money.

excellent value for the money, yes, but i stopped going there due to the lack of quality in food. (stale bread, soggy fruit, ants all over the salad bar) has it changed at all? haven't been there since perhaps october?