Farang Food In Chalong

petercallen

Anywhere north of the Watford gap is a different country to me. :lol:

Me too, Gov.

There is actually life north of Watford, maybe not in Hartlepool, but definitely close by !!!, but why am I here. OK cancel - NO life north of Watford sad.gif

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pin Cantina is the one next to pizza2k. Ive been there once and didn't like it at all. It's relatively cheap but the food is not very good and a friend of mine was in the toilet when he saw the cook coming out of a stall and walk straight out of the toilet without washing his hands.

Sala Mexicala has way better food and the ambiance is way nicer too.

Edited by FaxFlora

Pin Cantina is the one next to pizza2k. Ive been there once and didn't like it at all. It's relatively cheap but the food is not very good and a friend of mine was in the toilet when he saw the cook coming out of a stall and walk straight out of the toilet without washing his hands.

Sala Mexicala has way better food and the ambiance is way nicer too.

Thanks for the information...I agree that Sala Mexicali has good food and good ambience, but I am always on the look out for other Mexi treats on the island.

Just came back from Adam's Kebabs.

I had the 120 Baht chicken kebab. There must have been virtually a whole chicken in there and it tasted great. Must have been done on a spit. Salad was inside and two sauces supplied, the red and the white. Both very good.

My only complaint would be the pita bread, but, then I've never had a real pita bread on Phuket (please don't make me laugh and mention the Family restaurant).

I decided to eat there. Service was quick and friendly. Ambiance? What do you expect at a kebab house? Most in the UK don't even have tables and chairs.

The aging fellas with their younger wives didn't bother me in the least. Mainly because I'm a lower class peasant myself and if you like people watching, they are great to watch, only exceeded by upper class twits that like to put on airs.

Unfortunately, there were none in evidence.

If you are really hungry and don't fancy spending much, then Adam's Kebabs does give you excellent value for money.

Had a take away yesterday, the Pork kebab with French Fries. Both excellent, sauces good, only mayonaise was missing.

My mum used to make enough Yorkshire pud on a Sunday so I could have some with Golden Syrup on for afters. Oh my God, what happened to those days? :(

And if anyone can point me to a fish & chips shop that comes anywhere close to selling something like this, please let me know:

med_gallery_35489_952_56418.jpg

Ting tongs fish and chips on Nanai rd very nice

Just ate some excellent Indian food at Sabai Sabai restaurant in Kata.

If anything, their food has got even better since last year.

Curries are less than 100 Bt.

Naan breads are 50 - 60 Bt.

Great value for excellent food.

KB, is that on the backroad where Red Chair and Rugantinos are?

Sorry, don't know where they are.

Coming from Chalong to Kata, turn left at the PTT station into Thaina Road.

Sabai Sabai is almost opposite the Kata Pharmacy.

About four, or five shops before the Bluefin Restaurant.

Hope that helps.

Edited by KarenBravo

Sorry, don't know where they are.

Coming from Chalong to Kata, turn left at the PTT station into Thaina Road.

Sabai Sabai is almost opposite the Kata Pharmacy.

About four, or five shops before the Bluefin Restaurant.

Hope that helps.

Got it thumbsup.gif thanks !

Just came back from Adam's Kebab..

Good kebabs, a plus that you could choose how much sauce you wanted..

more food at Adam Kebab than the other kebab house, but the sauce was tastier on the second restaurant

<_<

Just came back from Adam's Kebab..

Good kebabs, a plus that you could choose how much sauce you wanted..

more food at Adam Kebab than the other kebab house, but the sauce was tastier on the second restaurant

<_<

what 2nd restaurant??????

Edited by LivinginKata
quote repaired

had adams small kabaab last night....

great potions and pita bread and sauces taste great...

very good free wifi and great place to hang out as well....

ended up staying till the wee hours drunk as a skunk...

going back again tonight for more yum yums...

Has anyone been to Pin Cantina? Apparently, it's a new Mexican cafe off of the Chalong Pier Road...on the backroad that faces the water...would be interested to hear a review!

i have been there about 5 times now. have had a lot of different dishes and liked them all so far. they also have a big thai food menu so ok to go with your thai gf even if she is not into mexican food. tried sweet&sour and it was good. cheap and ok sized portions

service is pretty fast though the cashier/waitress doesnt seem like she knows half of the names on the menu though that is not a big problem. just point and confirm what you are ordering :)

also i think the stuff they advertise as sour cream is actually yoghurt

dont know about the hygiene (regarding the other review you got). i think these things are better not knowing. i am sure many places in thailand have terrible hygiene though obviously it is no excuse to the cooks behavior

since you like mexican food i recommend trying them out at least once and go from there

Just came back from Adam's Kebabs.

I had the 120 Baht chicken kebab. There must have been virtually a whole chicken in there and it tasted great. Must have been done on a spit. Salad was inside and two sauces supplied, the red and the white. Both very good.

My only complaint would be the pita bread, but, then I've never had a real pita bread on Phuket (please don't make me laugh and mention the Family restaurant).

I decided to eat there. Service was quick and friendly. Ambiance? What do you expect at a kebab house? Most in the UK don't even have tables and chairs.

The aging fellas with their younger wives didn't bother me in the least. Mainly because I'm a lower class peasant myself and if you like people watching, they are great to watch, only exceeded by upper class twits that like to put on airs.

Unfortunately, there were none in evidence.

If you are really hungry and don't fancy spending much, then Adam's Kebabs does give you excellent value for money.

whole chicken? your got a bigger partition than I got yesterday then...

kebabresize.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by falkan

Adam kebab opening hours??

lad there told me open for lunch but who knows as closing time is very late ....

Thai wife told me they were open from 10am to 10pm. I was there Friday about 3pm & initially only visiting Swedish parents were present to serve.

I tried two new restaurants in the last few weeks:

1) Rosso Vivo Italian Restaurant in the Fisherman's Way Mini Plaza. Previously, there was a post in this thread stating that it was downright awful. I had a fantastic dinner there! I had basic penne with basil, a mixed salad and two glasses of wine. The penne was delicious; definitely homemade pesto sauce and the portion was perfect. The staff were attentive and the owner was very cordial. The food came quickly even though it was a bit busy. My dinner came to around 500 THB, and I will definitely go there again.

The only thing I didn't like were the chairs--I found them extremely uncomfortable and awkward to sit in.

2) The Wall by Chef Arkom in Nai Harn (new French restaurant next to M&M's Pizza). The place is eclectic, with a positive vibe, candles and nice music. I had asparagus soup which was perfectly creamed & spiced. I was served a complimentary salad with duck liver mousse and given a basket of bread. The menu isn't too expensive, and it's got a lot of tasty dishes on it. Unfortunately, the menu was limited for me as I am allergic to seafood. Would recommend this place to anyone that likes French cuisine.

I tried two new restaurants in the last few weeks:

1) Rosso Vivo Italian Restaurant in the Fisherman's Way Mini Plaza. Previously, there was a post in this thread stating that it was downright awful. I had a fantastic dinner there! I had basic penne with basil, a mixed salad and two glasses of wine. The penne was delicious; definitely homemade pesto sauce and the portion was perfect. The staff were attentive and the owner was very cordial. The food came quickly even though it was a bit busy. My dinner came to around 500 THB, and I will definitely go there again.

The only thing I didn't like were the chairs--I found them extremely uncomfortable and awkward to sit in.

I ate there a week ago and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food.

For starters we shared a brushccetta (sp) as good as any I have had elsewhere. My scallopini au funghi was well presented and quite tasty. My GF found the sauce a little rich on her spagetti seafood dish, but it's not what she would normally eat.

The staff had trouble understanding my Italian pronunciations so I had to order by numbers. :rolleyes: A basket with bread sticks and some excellent fresh Italian bread suddenly appeared late in the meal, but was still welcome. My, second choice, red wine was served chilled, but well tasty.

Bill came to about 870bht.

Agree with the comment on the chairs and, with my size, I was a little concerned about their integrity.

I Went back to De lish this morning, a month after i first went there...now they are established..its better than ever,they seem to have got it right..

1 Good food...2 Good service...3 Good staff...

The 3 main ingrediants of sucsess.....they are also value for money..they have a 15% loyalty discount card for regular expats..dont take my word for it try it yourself..........

.........The proof of the pudding is in the eating..........:rolleyes: