True Visions Upcoming Channels

Wedemeyer

Great news IF true

Especially the Australia Network. February would be just in time for the new AFL season too... :jap:

Australia Network is available on Sophon Cable in Pattaya and I have seen it in hotels in bangkok so there must be a cable service there with it.

Cost of Sophon is 1,500 Baht a year.

Great news IF true

Especially the Australia Network. February would be just in time for the new AFL season too... :jap:

Australia Network is available on Sophon Cable in Pattaya and I have seen it in hotels in bangkok so there must be a cable service there with it.

Cost of Sophon is 1,500 Baht a year.

Not sure of Sophon in Bangkok PattayaParent but I have checked and none of the Bangkok cable services are available where I live (Kallaprapruk Road). I am also not able to get a direct satellite feed of Australia Network as there's a building in my line of sight with the satellite.

So TrueVisions carrying Australia Network would be my best option at this stage. Although based on some of the posts above I am not getting my hopes up!

I watch BBC Entertainment here in the Middle East,

but most of the programmes are 4-5 years old, with many repeats proclaimed as "new series".

That's an understatement. The last time BBC Entertainment was on True they were still airing shows that originated from the 1960's to 90's including Dad's Army , Absolutely Fabulous and the Vicar of Dibley.

Yes i have just noticed in TRUE, there is the Fox channel on 57, Nothing in the magazine or in the web schedule about having Fox.. So anyone know what is going on?

Checked my telly at the weekend and no sign of Fox at all.

Edit: Hold that!! The missus just checked and there is indeed a Fox Channel at 57, I had been looking for Fox News.

Edited by PattayaParent

Yes i have just noticed in TRUE, there is the Fox channel on 57, Nothing in the magazine or in the web schedule about having Fox.. So anyone know what is going on?

Edit: Hold that!! The missus just checked and there is indeed a Fox Channel at 57, I had been looking for Fox News.

Big 10-4 on Channel 57 now being shown as FOX. Since it was previously a reserved channel (i.e., nothing on it...reserved for a future channel), I had my settop box setup to Skip it. I set the box to not skip Ch 57 and I"m now watching some show called Military Action Unit 3 that also has the FOX icon showing. For non-US folks, FOX is one of the TV networks in the U.S. like ABC, CBS, NBC, etc....don't know if Ch 57 is an international or U.S. version of FOX, or if it's available to all TrueVisions viewers depending on what package you subscribe to...I can't see anything that gives a clue as to whether it for all packages or just certain packages which usually means it for all packages....I'm on the Platinum package.

Edited by Pib

True could be showing Fox as a free promotion right now on all packages but later it may only be available on Gold or Platinum which may entice some to upgrade. I am on Silver package & a while back I was able to view History, Nat Geo & Discovery for a month.

Any comments on the crap which is being shown on Star World nowadays. Nearly everytime I flick to it there is a version of some country's next top model which IMO is rubbish. Along with continuous reruns of How I met Your Mother which I quite like but not after 5 or 6 times.

Edited by Valentine

I'm in Bangkok with TrueVisions Silver package, and I'm seeing Fox now on Channel 57... My friend who has the Platinum package is the one who told me about it, so he's obviously getting it too...

TIP: Like mentioned above, I had channel 57 SKIPPED in my True cable box settings, because previously there was no channel there... So for those in a similar situation, you either need to manually add the channel back via your cable box channel lineup settings, and/or rescan your channels in the cable box, to get the latest channel assignments.

I think the feed is Fox Asia, based on the link to the satellite lineup provided on page 1 of this thread. I did notice the other day, when the NFL playoffs were airing live on FOX USA, the NFL game was NOT airing on Channel 57 here. So the Fox feed here obviously is not duplicating the Fox Network feed in the U.S.

Yep...it is Fox Asia.... Here's the link to their web schedule.

http://www.foxtvasia.com/Schedule

The Fox schedule appears to only show times for the Philippines...meaning the Thai times here are one hour earlier (sort of similar to the ASN web schedule from Hong Kong being one hour earlier than here).

In looking at the FoxAsia web schedule for today, it matches exactly (except for the one hour difference) the TrueVisions schedule for Channel 57 that you can see via your True cable box program guide.

There do appear to be a lot of repeats, but not quite so limited as the earlier post about the same four shows repeating over and over.

Now the question is... Why hasn't True announced this in any way, or even made it part of their web-based guide (from what other posters here say...)? Is this just a placeholder for the plan to add Fox Crime later in the year? Are they going to end up with FoxAsia and FoxCrime?

I have seen this channel also and yes there are quite a few re-runs of series run in the last year or two. Fox is getting extra mileage from these series by showing them again on this Fox Asia network.

I also took note that these shows do not seem to have Thai sub titles. This may answer why True has not really advertised this channel? This channel at this point is aimed at English speakers only at this point and if it airs from the PI this would make sense as the PI everyone can speak English for the most part.

Big 10-4 on Channel 57 now being shown as FOX. Since it was previously a reserved channel (i.e., nothing on it...reserved for a future channel), I had my settop box setup to Skip it. I set the box to not skip Ch 57 and I"m now watching some show called Military Action Unit 3 that also has the FOX icon showing. For non-US folks, FOX is one of the TV networks in the U.S. like ABC, CBS, NBC, etc....don't know if Ch 57 is an international or U.S. version of FOX, or if it's available to all TrueVisions viewers depending on what package you subscribe to...I can't see anything that gives a clue as to whether it for all packages or just certain packages which usually means it for all packages....I'm on the Platinum package.

In the US FOX NEWS is NOT a free service. The Fox Entertainment channel is a free service like the ABC, CBS and NBC entertainment channels.

Greg

In case you didn't read the earlier post's Fox channel is already being shown .

That's because FOX Entertainment Channel was not quoted in the original post. FOX Crime was.

FOX Entertainment shares a lot of programming with AXN. Star World, Sony Entertainment Television, (Sony is the parent of AXN) ,AXN beyond, Sci-Fi channel and all the various Universal Network channels like Universal & DIVA Universal.

FOX Entertainment Channel is a welcome addition seeing as how I recently downgraded from Platinum to Gold & frankly gold has my favorite channels like E Star World & ASN stripped out. I will be dropping TRUE altogether at the end of the month.

True could be showing Fox as a free promotion right now on all packages but later it may only be available on Gold or Platinum which may entice some to upgrade. I am on Silver package & a while back I was able to view History, Nat Geo & Discovery for a month.

Any comments on the crap which is being shown on Star World nowadays. Nearly everytime I flick to it there is a version of some country's next top model which IMO is rubbish. Along with continuous reruns of How I met Your Mother which I quite like but not after 5 or 6 times.

What Channel is Star World being shown on?

Or is it only on Silver and not on Gold? (mine's Gold).

What Channel is Star World being shown on?

Or is it only on Silver and not on Gold? (mine's Gold).

Star World isn't available on Gold. Only on Silver and Plat

totster :D

Gosh, for a second I thought you had to be wrong since I though any TrueVisions higher level/higher priced package would have everything a lower level/lower cast package had. But you are right, per the TrueVisions web site StarWorld is not included in the Gold package but is in the Platinum and Silver. http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=38 I learn something everyday on ThaiVisa.

Pib, a normal, thinking person certainly might expect that...that each True package would include everything contained in any lower priced packages... but alas, that's not the way TrueVisions conducts its business and marketing.

ASN (All Sports Network) is another example of this, being the channel that carries U.S. NFL football... It's included in the Platinum and Silver packages, but not in the Gold Package that's nearly double the monthly price of the Silver package. So I happily pay half the price (of Gold) for Silver and get ASN and E! and Star World and a couple other channels that for some reason aren't part of the Gold package.

• 2 months later...

Australia Network has lost the rights to show Rugby Union, Rugby League is about to be history and this is the last year of the AFL, the V8's though will be around for a while yet.

Well they didn't really loose the rights as such, just refused to pay the license to broadcast them, thats a ABC decision, I can only presume that this disgraceful act comes back to bite them in the ass and Fox wins Australia Network.

I think it is to logical for True Visions to pick up a free station so many people want. whistling.gif

Australia Network has lost the rights to show Rugby Union, Rugby League is about to be history and this is the last year of the AFL, the V8's though will be around for a while yet.

Well they didn't really loose the rights as such, just refused to pay the license to broadcast them, thats a ABC decision, I can only presume that this disgraceful act comes back to bite them in the ass and Fox wins Australia Network.

I think it is to logical for True Visions to pick up a free station so many people want. whistling.gif

I understand that Australia Network won't allow True to put them on UBC.

Edited by whybother