Parks

laura1c

HI All,

I live in East Pattaya (Nong Plalai) and am after some 'local' advice if possible.

When I lived in Phetchaburi the Army Camp opened late afternoon everyday for people to have a wander around the grounds, play football, run and exercise. Is there anywhere in this area that is similar. I have a young boy and would love to let him run off steam somewhere green and safe.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Many thanks and Happy New Year to all.

Laura

Isn't there a big park on the Kow Mai Kow road, about 4 or 5 clicks up from the flyover over the Highway 36 road. They have a big lake and cycle trail around it, lots of little paths and trees.

Isn't there a big park on the Kow Mai Kow road, about 4 or 5 clicks up from the flyover over the Highway 36 road. They have a big lake and cycle trail around it, lots of little paths and trees.

There is indeed.

If you go east (away from Sukumvit) on Soi Neunpleubwan until it deal ends at the Wat, turn right and go 100 meters. On your left is a small park with a jogging path and some swings and slides. You can park inside the fence. They also have aerobics classes in the late afternoon. Not great, but very convenient. There is a nice small park next to the fish market on Naklua Rd. There are other, nicer ones, but they are 30 - 40 minutes drive, but are great for a weekend outing -- one in Sri Ratcha (has sea turtles that you can feed) and one in Baan Amphur (nice beach directly across the street). My daughter loves the one in Sri Ratcha.

Can you narrow that down a bit. Are you referring to the 3240 or the 331 as the Kow Mai Kow road? I can see a largish splodge of blue(brown on the satellite version!) on the google map beside the 3240 just short of the 331 junction at Kow Mai Kow, is that be the area?

I know this is a long way , but i live near you and sometimes we go to Sri Racha ,the park on the seafront is first class,exercise machines(lots) ,running track ,cafe, with great views out to sea . oh and kids stuff ,all free.

try it you will love it ,so will the lad ,always loads of children there and no hawkers,hookers or dogs allowed :lol:

Can you narrow that down a bit. Are you referring to the 3240 or the 331 as the Kow Mai Kow road? I can see a largish splodge of blue(brown on the satellite version!) on the google map beside the 3240 just short of the 331 junction at Kow Mai Kow, is that be the area?

Believe you are correct its shown as a splodge of brown on Earth. Its at 12"57'31.16N. 101"02'11.30E

If you come from Marbachan go over the flyover and keep going toward Khao Mai Kaeo on the 3240 its on the left maybe five or six kliks just before the 331 junction, look out for lots of big signs pointing to it. Very nice park.

Hi Guys,

Thank you all so much for your replies. All too often posts seem to get hijacked on this website and yet I have had nothing but helpful responses - which I appreciate.

We are off to check out Sri Racha tomorrow - I looked the park up on the web and it looks great. We will also attempt to find the other park near Maprachan if we can.

Once again, many thanks for all your helpful information.

Laura

Hi Guys,

Thank you all so much for your replies. All too often posts seem to get hijacked on this website and yet I have had nothing but helpful responses - which I appreciate.

We are off to check out Sri Racha tomorrow - I looked the park up on the web and it looks great. We will also attempt to find the other park near Maprachan if we can.

Once again, many thanks for all your helpful information.

Laura

You wont be sorry and when you finish take a walk out onto the pier ,by the way the park is on both sides of the pier road ,the first big one is the one you want ,let us know what you think.

Believe you are correct its shown as a splodge of brown on Earth. Its at 12"57'31.16N. 101"02'11.30E

If you come from Marbachan go over the flyover and keep going toward Khao Mai Kaeo on the 3240 its on the left maybe five or six kliks just before the 331 junction, look out for lots of big signs pointing to it. Very nice park.

Thank you kind sir, I shall go and have a look!

I always take the kids to sri ratcha. If you further down the drag and turn off after the shopping centre there's a car park and a little cafe that's really nice and child friendly the owner has some plaster models for the kids to paint when they aren't playing on the park area. He's also got a pet squirrel that the kids can feed. I go there regular its nice and relaxing and my boys love it.

I always take the kids to sri ratcha. If you further down the drag and turn off after the shopping centre there's a car park and a little cafe that's really nice and child friendly the owner has some plaster models for the kids to paint when they aren't playing on the park area. He's also got a pet squirrel that the kids can feed. I go there regular its nice and relaxing and my boys love it.

PP: Which "drag" -- the one running through Sri Ratcha or the one running along the ocean? Turn which way, left or right? How far past the Koh Si Chang ferry pier (which is where the turtles are)?