Stolen Passport With Only 5 Days Left On Visa? Should I Go To Thai Imm. Before I Get New Passport?

my passport was stolen and the last of 3 60 day entrys are up on jan 10. i went to us imm. and will recieve a pass. in approx. 2 weeks or less. what i was wondering is . what can i accomplish by going to thai imm. with the letter stating i have applied for a new pass. and police report , and copy of old pass. will i have to get a 30 day extension? can they issue that without the actual passport. is there another thai imm. contingency for such a thing. i dont want to pay overstay fees ,i think its 500bt per day....but on the other hand what kind of stamp will us imm. give me when i pick up my pass.....will it be easier for me to get a new tourist visa when i leave and come back? i was planning on doing that any way ...before this happened. my passport will be clean essentially... or will thai imm. put a record of my previous visa inmy pass.? also will thai imm. charge me something for losing my visa?,,, i f i go before my passport comes im pretty sure ill have to pay the 30 day extension. sorry i know its convoluded anda lot of info. im basically just trying to find out if i gain anything by not going to thai imm. ,,,like a better chance at a new multi entry tourist visa (probably from laos) thanks

An extension of stay can only be given in a passport, which you don't have....

When you have your new passport, you have to go to immigraiton with the letter from your embassy and the police report to get the entry details in your passport, so you can leave the country. At that time they will also look at the overstay problem.

If you still had a valid visa, that one is lost. Immigration will only transfer you entry details and permission to stay to your new passport, not the visa itself. So once you have settled things with immigration, you will have to get a new visa from abroad.

a) Filing a police report with the police is a prerequisite.

B) Then you go to the embassy and apply for a new passport

c) Then you go to the Immigration Dept with both a copy of the police report, and the application for your new passport.

They will ask you about your date of entry in Thailand and sort your "extension of stay" out...

You didn't mention if you filed a police report which is also a must. I cant see the US embassy doing that without a police report. Something fisshy here I think

The OP certainly mentioned the police report in his post, I really don't see anything fishy.

An extension of stay can only be given in a passport, which you don't have....

When you have your new passport, you have to go to immigraiton with the letter from your embassy and the police report to get the entry details in your passport, so you can leave the country. At that time they will also look at the overstay problem.

If you still had a valid visa, that one is lost. Immigration will only transfer you entry details and permission to stay to your new passport, not the visa itself. So once you have settled things with immigration, you will have to get a new visa from abroad.

so i will only have details of my last enttry into Thailand? thanks