Real Estate Agents?

rnr

Are there any real estate agents recommended for selling properties on Koh Samui? Land and or houses? Does anyone know of companies who make realistic valuations and follow through to make sales? Who would you recommend? To date we've attempted to get 6 agents to come and value our property but no one has returned calls. We want to know what prices agents recommend we aim for to sell land and a house. There must be an agent somewhere out there wanting to make their commission!

i'm surprised that this thread wasn't merged with the "how to make social contacts in samui" thread

if 6 "agents" haven't returned your call it's because you're poorly located or they don't perceive your "realistic valuation" as a valid reflection of the current market. if you don't think you're poorly located and your realistic valuation agrees with the market then send me a pm because i have a steady stream of happy customers living the dream and looking to expand their collections.

p.s. namuang is poorly located and just about anything south of the chaweng noi/bang por line qualifies as well if you are looking for resale and not day to day living for an extended period with no concerns in the world.

Joe84330 is correct in explaining about the importance of location.

I have found that the real estate people on Samui are very 'local'. They can be good in the area that they are based.

There are some good and professional real estate people around, but it could be that they are not excited because your property is not in their 'preferred' area.

The only real estate people that I have experience of are in the NE of the island. If you want the details of the ones that I am able to recommend in this area, then please contact me and I will PM their details to you, but please realise that if you are not in their preferred area, they may not be suitable. (But they will be too polite to tell you.)

Good luck

Thank you people for your replies, you have some good points. We don't have a value on the property, that is why we want to meet agents, we are not interested in asking for an unrealistic price from the current market. We are located within the confines of your suggested "good" locations.

We are new to these sorts of communication so have no idea what 'PM' means or how to do it.

Thank you people for your replies, you have some good points. We don't have a value on the property, that is why we want to meet agents, we are not interested in asking for an unrealistic price from the current market. We are located within the confines of your suggested "good" locations.

We are new to these sorts of communication so have no idea what 'PM' means or how to do it.

good morning rnr, have you considered long term renters? there aren't many willing buyers at the moment, yet many willing sellers so value will be skewed according to your situation. properties south of the boundary i mentioned may still be quite good but only in the sense that you are prepared to live there. PM means private message and is a means of communicating with individual members without sharing personal information with the world. click on any particular persons name and you will see a link for messaging them directly.

I use Kalaraa. I have had absolute nightmares with cow boy agents who are proeffionals in BS !

Sometimes some agents tell u what u want to hear but u don't get much feed back from them because for real. they are just some punter with a lap top with no office and usually used to work for reptable companies but have been sacked and have stolen there old clients.

Then customers stop trusting the agent which basically customer dont come to u.

Kalaraa i have foudn them fair. In rentalsd and in sales.

they have a proper office in bohput. they have an account section. where u go to receive you owed money and a sales section and rental section.

Some agents on the island don't even have a bank account which puts allot of customers off.

Normally the commission for the agent is not just finding the customer but also all the other stuff that goes with it.

how it should work is that u on the contract day. the agnet prepares a contract for the tenant or the seller and customers to sign.

then the deposit stays in their office in escrow which protects the cusotmer and yourself. Then they chase the money every month instead of you the owner having to run around and chase bills off the customer and should the cusotmer breach contract u just ring the agent and they take measures to kick them out.

i do not work for kalaraa but i have used allot of agents and so far i have found them the most proffessional.

think u might have to google them also.