Any Worthwhile Saturday Night Bbqs?

Somtamnication

There's now a small Korean barbecue on Patak Road, at the very south of Karon just before Kata. I don't know the name but it has a picture of a pig on its sign. Obviously not as much choice as those in Phuket Town but it is OK.

As for the other type of BBQ that the OP wanted to know about, there is a place called The Tube at the south of Kata on the road that leads back to Patak Road via Orawan Sauna, whatever that road is called. Not the choice you got at Don's but plenty of food.

That is moo gata kenny, not a bbq like the op is talking about.

...7,5 years in kata I havent seen any here yet, keep on going to patong, anyone seen one in kata? If not, any land for rent to make one?

I know of one in Kata, Thai Na Road (up toward traffic lights), right down the lane with the Cat Bar on the corner.

I know of 8 Moo Gata's in Phuket. I love 'em!

There's now a small Korean barbecue on Patak Road, at the very south of Karon just before Kata. I don't know the name but it has a picture of a pig on its sign. Obviously not as much choice as those in Phuket Town but it is OK.

As for the other type of BBQ that the OP wanted to know about, there is a place called The Tube at the south of Kata on the road that leads back to Patak Road via Orawan Sauna, whatever that road is called. Not the choice you got at Don's but plenty of food.

Yes Tubes does have a BBQ, but it's hit and miss on which days it is. BBQ is limited to drumsticks, ribs, baked potatoes and mackerel with a smattering of salad and some french bread.

Koktanod road. Tube BBQ random and not much to brag about

I just hear some rumours about a Bar-B-Q at Supercheap. I mean, I know the foodstalls there at the entrance during daytime. But a Bar-B-Q at night would be new for me. Anybody any information?

Yes, there is a Moo Gata. Excellent place.

I just hear some rumours about a Bar-B-Q at Supercheap. I mean, I know the foodstalls there at the entrance during daytime. But a Bar-B-Q at night would be new for me. Anybody any information?

Yes, there is a Moo Gata. Excellent place.

indeed! :whistling:

When you enter Supercheap instead of turning into the parking area go straight on 50/100 metres on the left

Has own parking area, very popular,.about 100 baht

• 4 weeks later...

I love BBQ. On the beach, on the flybridge, in sailboat cockpits, outside my caravan/mobilehome in the snow, or simply poolside, you name it :D

but I have never been a fan of BBQ restaurants. Que for food, all beef tenderloin finished at 8, over cooked or rear, you name it :rolleyes:

Until last Saturday night. RicknRoll in Kata. Serves a large plate at your table with spareribs, tenderloin, chicken kebab with veggies, deep fried chicken, salad, potato and a taste of seafood. Delicious :P 350 baht seems reasonable for this quality of food

Free refill of all foods, also served at your table. Nice music, nice ambience, nice setting, good location, roadside parking.

Seemed a bit short on staff last night, but the staff on work did a terriffic job, and never more than 5 minutes wait for a new beer

I will be back :)

I love BBQ. On the beach, on the flybridge, in sailboat cockpits, outside my caravan/mobilehome in the snow, or simply poolside, you name it :D

but I have never been a fan of BBQ restaurants. Que for food, all beef tenderloin finished at 8, over cooked or rear, you name it :rolleyes:

Until last Saturday night. RicknRoll in Kata. Serves a large plate at your table with spareribs, tenderloin, chicken kebab with veggies, deep fried chicken, salad, potato and a taste of seafood. Delicious :P 350 baht seems reasonable for this quality of food

Free refill of all foods, also served at your table. Nice music, nice ambiance, nice setting, good location, roadside parking.

Seemed a bit short on staff last night, but the staff on work did a terrific job, and never more than 5 minutes wait for a new beer

Thanks Katabeachbum,

We did have a great night of Music and a very Tasty Sizzling BBQ! Have you seen my ThaiVisa post? "Where to find and hire good staff?" Well, as it reads I am really searching and as you saw with so many people last night....that's is why I made that post... We do need more staff. With so much fun and excitement going on with these Monday, Thursday & Saturday Live Music BBQ we could use some referrals for more quality hostesses and Servers. Let's see if I can get a few more staff before tomorrow nights Live Music Valentines Days BBQ ;) You mentioned the quality of food as well... we only use Australian Sirloin for the Steaks, Fresh Pork for the Honey BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Fresh Shrimp & Chicken for the Kebabs, and daily market Veggies for the Salad & Roasted Garlic Potatoes ...Hope to see you back soon!

Free refill of all foods, also served at your table. Nice music, nice ambiance, nice setting, good location, roadside parking.

Seemed a bit short on staff last night, but the staff on work did a terrific job, and never more than 5 minutes wait for a new beer

Thanks Katabeachbum,

We did have a great night of Music and a very Tasty Sizzling BBQ! Have you seen my ThaiVisa post? "Where to find and hire good staff?" Well, as it reads I am really searching and as you saw with so many people last night....that's is why I made that post... We do need more staff. With so much fun and excitement going on with these Monday, Thursday & Saturday Live Music BBQ we could use some referrals for more quality hostesses and Servers. Let's see if I can get a few more staff before tomorrow nights Live Music Valentines Days BBQ ;) You mentioned the quality of food as well... we only use Australian Sirloin for the Steaks, Fresh Pork for the Honey BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Fresh Shrimp & Chicken for the Kebabs, and daily market Veggies for the Salad & Roasted Garlic Potatoes ...Hope to see you back soon!

Any car parking nearby?

Any car parking nearby?

yes, just outside, max 15 meters walk on the days car parking is on the other side of the road

Thanks for that, I've never been down that street, I presumed it would be a typical narrow Kata type road with barely enough room for cars to pass let alone park.

I've now looked at it on Mapjack and can see it is wide enough for normal parking.

I'll visit there soon. :)

Any car parking nearby?

yes, just outside, max 15 meters walk on the days car parking is on the other side of the road

Thanks for that, I've never been down that street, I presumed it would be a typical narrow Kata type road with barely enough room for cars to pass let alone park.

I've now looked at it on Mapjack and can see it is wide enough for normal parking.

I'll visit there soon. :)

actually I think its wide enough to allow car parking on both sides every day :)

so parking at the entrance of RicknRoll should normally be available

actually I think its wide enough to allow car parking on both sides every day :)

Yes, parking on both sides of the street but there are usually many cars parked and anytime I have tried to park it's not so eay to find a spot near RicknRoll. Best to park nearer the top part of the road outside the many vacant shop houses.

Yes, parking on both sides of the street but there are usually many cars parked and anytime I have tried to park it's not so eay to find a spot near RicknRoll. Best to park nearer the top part of the road outside the many vacant shop houses.

mondays and thursdays can be hard to find parking until 1930, due to the market vendors. rest of the week should be ok

I've heard some good reports about Harry's in Karon. They have a Tex Mex BBQ buffet every Friday and Saturday. Harry's has a new owner, new chef and mainly new staff so it should be different from last year, which was OK.

I haven't tried it yet personally but will give it a go over the next weekend or two and report back.

only place i know that does great BBQ "as must as you can eat" for i think 399Baht and live entertainment is in Kata, owned by a guy called Ricky, it's called Rick and Roll, defiantly the best ribs around there, lately when i've been there, the entertainment has been 1st class. i even caught the UK premier games on the TV's