Hello Musicians Of Pattaya

deejah

hey i know i have been through this before

and thank all you folks who have invited me out

i am looking not so much to jam out just yet

i do that plenty on my own already

i am looking for people to jam at my place or yours

this can be open but just not public

you can not stop in the middle of a song and work on the jam when playing in a bar

cowjai mai???

i am also not yet looking for audience feedback

so i am extending my invitation once more

i play rhythm guitar harmonica sing lead and back up and write simple fun songs

styles folk rock folk-rock blues pop reggae world beat etc..

i can play and have done lots of covers too

my top priority is getting finding keeping a bass player, but can jam with anyone else for now

so with the influx of new blood and the start of a new year

lets play some tunes, kick out the jams, and lift our spirits up eh?

this is not a classified ad

this is an open invitation

happy posting

and good cheer

HELLO MUSICIANS OF PATTAYA ;)

The OP got zero replies so I was just nudging his post back to the top of the pile. Aside from bar bands, the OP seemed to be looking for an informal jamming scene, and there doesn't seem to be much of that.

Now I'll grant you that the Blues Factory is a fine venue, but when I walk down Walking St. it's like entering a time warp. The Eagles, Deep Purple, Neil Young and (Las Vegas) Elvis on permanent loop. I'm old enough to remember that period but even I think it's getting a bit old.

Oh yeah, and Eric Clapton's 'Cocaine'. Endlessly.

Try contacting the owner of Pattaya Music Studio directly in back of Big C Sukhumvit Pattaya Tai in the ugly fluorescent orange and green building. You can't miss it.

He has a few jam sessions going, now and then - and I'm sure he'd be more than pleased to have "new blood" in, on some of the jams.

I'd be there myself, but I no longer live in Pattaya :D

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if your the guy I spoke with on the phone today or not but I'm a musician also. As my ID might tell you I play bluegrass, blues etc etc just like you said. Im also rythym though but can pick away too. I also sing, write songs and play harp too.

Just looking to jam like your saying over a frosty etc so if you are NOT the guy I spoke with, maybe give me a private message with your number etc.

Agreed on all counts. There are some very talented musicians out there, and several opportunities to jam, but there is often little space on the stage until one is well-known or a superstar, and it usually ends up being blues or rock standards.

...just get the Watchtower right and your way to stardom is well paved...:whistling:

The musicians of Pattaya seem to be stuck in a constant 60/70s time warp. If you dont like rock, country or blues forget it. Its quite funny watching these old fellas who have now retired from there office jobs growing grey pony tails and thinking they are Sin Cities version of Willie Nelson........pass the bandana man