Interesting House In Ban Amphur

craigt3365

We did our weekly visit to Preecha's last night and saw a new place about 100M North of there. It is called "The Old House". It's a really cool, old Thai style house complete with period decorations. It was built under King Rama VI (1910-1925). I can only imagine what it must have been like to live there back then. :)

Great garden where you can have a drink or coffee. And a fairly decent menu of food. We initially went in for a quick look, but ended up there for a few hours just enjoying the place.

No, I have no association with this place. But I do know a few of us frequent this area and thought you might like to know. Beautifully restored Thai house. I've attached some info....

post-5869-0-94710300-1295482445_thumb.jp

post-5869-0-69758700-1295483301_thumb.jp

post-5869-0-85289300-1295483872_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

As I have no idea where Ban Amphur or Preecha's is, perhaps you could give some directions as related to Pattaya, thanks.

The first image has a fair map. Basically, about 2km or so south of the Ambassador Hotel is a stop light. Turn right there. In about 100 meters, the roads splits. Straight to the temple, left to the seafood restaurants and The Old House. The Old House is about 200-300 meters down the road on the right, Preecha's about another 200M or so.

Sunset is a great time for a drink and then dinner at Preecha's. With a cup of coffee or expresso at The Old House.

As I have no idea where Ban Amphur or Preecha's is, perhaps you could give some directions as related to Pattaya, thanks.

The first image has a fair map. Basically, about 2km or so south of the Ambassador Hotel is a stop light. Turn right there. In about 100 meters, the roads splits. Straight to the temple, left to the seafood restaurants and The Old House. The Old House is about 200-300 meters down the road on the right, Preecha's about another 200M or so.

Sunset is a great time for a drink and then dinner at Preecha's. With a cup of coffee or expresso at The Old House.

Thanks for the quick reply.