What A Performance By The Boys Last Night!

fredtitmus

No not arsenal,although they outclassed leeds in every last night,where running rings round us at times and showed why they are one of top teams in europe.

Im talking about the leeds united fans,unbelievable! never stopped singing all through the game and kept the players going even after persies goal,compare this to arsenal who get 60,000 for a home game and couldnt even sell there full allocation so 1,500 tickets went back to leeds.

Well done lads,if the premier league were not wanting us back they surely are now!

I've been to away matches at Leeds a few time and its always been a good atmosphere, save the fact that away fans get put in that grooty "cheese wedge" away support section in the corner of the ground!

Father christmas seems to be doing a decent job as does the manager and i look forward to their return to the top flight hopefully at the expense of the likes of Wigan.

I've been to away matches at Leeds a few time and its always been a good atmosphere, save the fact that away fans get put in that grooty "cheese wedge" away support section in the corner of the ground!

Father christmas seems to be doing a decent job as does the manager and i look forward to their return to the top flight hopefully at the expense of the likes of Wigan.

And wolves.

It would be a good thing to see Brum go down from that perspective for sure...

+1. They are the most uninteresting to watch as a neutral, although it's a close run thing with Fulham. Quite likely too, now that Dann is out for the rest of the season - he was their stand-out player. Will be a fascinating run in at the bottom - only Wigan are stone cold certs to drop IMO (unfortunately, as I quite like them and go there some times).

I'm hoping its Leeds and Norwich to come up - have lived and watched in both. Cardiff is a nice day out (good beer) for you UK based supporters also. Not QPR or Watford please - boring to have another also ran yo-yo London club. Looks like the Championship is heading for a tight finish this year with no dominant team.

It would be a good thing to see Brum go down from that perspective for sure...

+1. They are the most uninteresting to watch as a neutral, although it's a close run thing with Fulham. Quite likely too, now that Dann is out for the rest of the season - he was their stand-out player. Will be a fascinating run in at the bottom - only Wigan are stone cold certs to drop IMO (unfortunately, as I quite like them and go there some times).

I'm hoping its Leeds and Norwich to come up - have lived and watched in both. Cardiff is a nice day out (good beer) for you UK based supporters also. Not QPR or Watford please - boring to have another also ran yo-yo London club. Looks like the Championship is heading for a tight finish this year with no dominant team.

would be good to have millwall and cardiff go up with us,just to make the premiership a bit more edgy,although there would be plenty changing of fixtures probably more 12 noon's and tuesday nighter's

If arsenal had a topclass striker like ian wright or thierry henry were i think they would win it no problem this year but they just miss too many chances.I cant help thinking scum are going to win it they are always better second half of the season.

......If arsenal had a topclass striker like ian wright or thierry henry were i think they would win it no problem this year but they just miss too many chances.I cant help thinking scum are going to win it they are always better second half of the season.

They do - he killed you guys off a couple of nights ago. But then again you are correct, they only have a part-time great striker; unfortunately RvP seems to pick up injuries too easily. If only he were more robust he would be a natural successor in the George, Wright, Bergkamp, Henry hall of fame class.

I think Leeds need another snibbing "sniffer" (Allan Clarke) to assure success if they get to the EPL. That shows my age.

I hope Leeds go out of business.

surely not still sulking about last year?

mind you it were bad for you,leeds united!?! league one club!?! :lol::lol::lol:

Not sulking you deserved to beat us!

My Hhatred of many things Leeds harks back to the days of the M*nich songs and run-ins with your "notoriously great supporters"

I remember one particular away game at scum road that was quite a nasty night and the "supporters" that you had that night would not be a welcome addition to any Premier League,anyway masterbates is slowly putting right what our secret agent Risdale was put in power to do.....ruin you :D

I was interested to see that the french could'nt seel out their 1500 allocation for the away leg at Leeds.

Pretty piss poor for the biggest supported side in London aye singher!! :lol:

I suppose 'seel oot' might have been a Scots phrase at one time. Bloody sooth-moother! A fine example of mediocrity nonetheless....:o:lol:

I was interested to see that the french could'nt seel out their 1500 allocation for the away leg at Leeds.

Yeah yeah. We have effete middle class supporters at the Emirates. It's cold up North and most of us wouldn't be seen dead north of Watford let alone its eponymous gap. I understand that while we are playing so well the wind-up merchants amongst our detractors will continue to infuriate us with these irksome accusations.

[Yes - I was using big words to reinforce our feeling of transcendence :rolleyes:]

[replies containing the words arrogant or delusion, or derivatives thereof, have already been anticipated!]

Yeah yeah. We have effete middle class supporters at the Emirates. It's cold up North and most of us wouldn't be seen dead north of Watford let alone its eponymous gap. I understand that while we are playing so well the wind-up merchants amongst our detractors will continue to infuriate us with these irksome accusations.

[Yes - I was using big words to reinforce our feeling of transcendence :rolleyes:]

[replies containing the words arrogant or delusion, or derivatives thereof, have already been anticipated!]

Home truths. ;)

i quite liked your post santi. :) I think where the difference really lies is that Arsenal, with their lovely new stadium have attracted an enormous interest from corporate bodies who wish to buy season tickets to share out week to week for the pleasure of clients. They are also a very attractive proposition for the "i quite enjoy football" hertfordshire brigade. if this means biggest supported then ofcourse Arsenal are. :rolleyes:

i quite liked your post santi. :) I think where the difference really lies is that Arsenal, with their lovely new stadium have attracted an enormous interest from corporate bodies who wish to buy season tickets to share out week to week for the pleasure of clients. They are also a very attractive proposition for the "i quite enjoy football" hertfordshire brigade. if this means biggest supported then ofcourse Arsenal are. :rolleyes:

Do I detect a drizzle of balsamic in your post there carmine..? :rolleyes:

Do I detect a drizzle of balsamic in your post there carmine..? :rolleyes:

Maybe but there is some truth in what he says and it only mirrors the way sport generally is going. Football started dying as a true local fan's game when they had to tear up the standing terraces. We can hardly complain as we are symptomatic ourselves. We are sitting here 11,000 miles away chatting like we are in the pot house round the corner from the ground. Some changes are for the good.

^ Trust me mate if I farted you could smell it at the Olympic Stadium......:ermm::o

home from home then smokie, in more ways than one.

your lot should feel right at home then, in the armpit of the east-end ! or has it become even worse in those parts than when i left it ? with all the corporate boys settling in and buying up everything.

still look on the bright side, you wont have far to go to get a bit of the lasagna in docklands, even if it is a bit iffy !

^ Trust me mate if I farted you could smell it at the Olympic Stadium......:ermm::o

What are you doing up so early then?

I'm a postie. Had to phone in sick at 4am. :D

So you could relax in that hammock. If you're not swinging the lead I guess with your avatar it must be bronchitis. :rolleyes:

carmine, get with it .

arse and their "fans" have less than zero desire to win a domestic cup

all joking aside, id probly be more excited at throwing a six at farkin monopoly.

They had mor ethan 1,500 there, thay had all of behind the Goal..

He said they sent back 1,500 anyway, not that their allocation was 1,500..

Generally p*ss poor support anyway though Le Arse...

I'm looking forward to playing Leeds again next Year & Leeds in teh Prem would make the League better for sure, at the expense of a Club like Wigan who brang 189 to our place earlier this Season and took 160 to Arse yesterday, pathetic...

They had mor ethan 1,500 there, thay had all of behind the Goal..

He said they sent back 1,500 anyway, not that their allocation was 1,500..

Generally p*ss poor support anyway though Le Arse...

I'm looking forward to playing Leeds again next Year & Leeds in teh Prem would make the League better for sure, at the expense of a Club like Wigan who brang 189 to our place earlier this Season and took 160 to Arse yesterday, pathetic...

I've been to the DW several times in the last couple of years. Characterless new build but easy access, cheap and rarely full. The support is timid to say the least even at home, unless they get their noses ahead. Unusual for a Lancashire team. I think they get people like me who turn up on the day, because its a place you can easily get in to see great EPL away teams! Have some affection for them for all that. Their manager is really nice bloke in the Zola style - you'ld love him Singh.

Doomed, as i said on the Arsenal thread. We won't be seeing them again amongst the clever boys during my lifetime.

Edited by SantiSuk

I think thats a fair point also if i think if i were a nuetral and i lived near london i would definetely go watch arsenal or tottenham because they play good football and have the star players who everyone wants to see and i think leeds could have sold 60,000 for the game just because arsenal were in town after seeing how quick the 34,000 tickets went.By the way arsenal did had the south stand behind the goal which holds 5,500 but had the option of the south east corner aswell which holds 1,500 but they didnt manage to sell the full 5,500.

To be honest though i dont think leeds have the best support,we probably have 19,000 hardcore supporters which followed leeds in league 1 but i would say we have terrific away support and fill our away application everytime weather that is at arsenal or southend.One thing that does bother me though is we are a one club city and should be commanding bigger attendances at home but i do think that has something to do with greedy bates charging us 34 quid to get in(same in league 1),still compare us to the likes of newcastle who were getting 40,000 no problem in the championship and we are getting 25,000.

Also i think a team with great support is portsmouth,we played them yesterday infront of full house ok it was only 20,000 but they are only a small town really and i remember in the eighties when we were in the old league division 2 them bringing a few thousand up to leeds even more than the likes of sheffield united.