Need 18 Months Left On Passport For Retirement Extension?

I recall sometime last year it was mentioned that to get another 12 months extension for retirement purposes, that some Immigration Officer somewhere said the passport had to have 18 months left on it? Is this something I would need in Bangkok Immigration? Mine will have 15 months left on it when I go for my next extension. Enough?

Thanks for any pertinent experience someone has had in Bangkok about needing, or not needing, 18 months left on the passport.

More than enough. You can even get an extension with only one month left, but i that case you only get the extension till the dte your passport expires and once you have a new passport you go back to immigration to gte the rest of your one year extension for free.

Always have at least 6 months left on your passport, in case you need to travel as most countries require at least 6 months left to enter.

More than enough. You can even get an extension with only one month left, but i that case you only get the extension till the dte your passport expires and once you have a new passport you go back to immigration to gte the rest of your one year extension for free.

Always have at least 6 months left on your passport, in case you need to travel as most countries require at least 6 months left to enter.

All this is true. I had only 7 months left on my passport and was extended only up till passport expired. When I returned with new passport they updated new passport just as Mario says.

Also at this same time I was traveling back from Australia to Thailand and check in agent in Oz pointed out I only had 7 months remaining on passport and suggested I get new one because if less than six months they would only board me back to country where passport was issued.

All this is true. I had only 7 months left on my passport and was extended only up till passport expired. When I returned with new passport they updated new passport just as Mario says.

Also at this same time I was traveling back from Australia to Thailand and check in agent in Oz pointed out I only had 7 months remaining on passport and suggested I get new one because if less than six months they would only board me back to country where passport was issued.

Thank you both for this information. It is a blessing to have a forum for expats like this in Thailand.

Morris (not the cat)