Money For Girlfriend

neverburi

Enough for what?

For her to maintain life? For her to support her family? Extended family? For her to live like a princess, buy a new BMW X5 and a 10,000 rai farm?

Define your terms better and you might get some sensible answers.

And, of course, it depends on a lot of variables. If you met her in Bangkok or Pattaya and you want to send her home to be a good girl and wait for you, I have a better suggestion. Throw your money down the toilet. At least you'll see where it's going.

If she is genuinely waiting for you, then test her and give her no more than 10,000baht a month . . enough to live well, not enough to take the p**s.

How much is enough money for Thai girlfriend

living in issan korat every month until i return

again.

NB :D

If she is sincere with u then probably 10,000 THB per month, otherwise, the world is big enough to spend all the treasures.

BTW when will u come back? Keep in mind that long distance relationship sometimes become wet (out of sight is out of mind) :o

If she's just sat at home waiting for your return 4000b is plenty if its just for her (has she got kids?)

A girl in our village has a boyfriend that sends her about 6,000b a month for her and his kid, they are always dressed nice and take good care of themselves, others I know brag that thier boyfriends send them big money, I can't understand why they are always borrowing money.

You need to look at what kind of lifestyle she lives or wants to live.

Enough for what?

For her to maintain life?  For her to support her family?  Extended family?  For her to live like a princess, buy a new BMW X5 and a 10,000 rai farm?

And, of course, it depends on a lot of variables.  If you met her in Bangkok or Pattaya and you want to send her home to be a good girl and wait for you, I have a better suggestion.  Throw your money down the toilet. At least you'll see where it's going.

If she is genuinely waiting for you, then test her and give her no more than 10,000baht a month . . enough to live well, not enough to take the p**s.

We met 18 months ago have a 4 month old daughter together

girlfriend works from home small mini mart has 2 children

from a previous marriage.

NB :o

again.

My gf's parents (old, past working age) are happy with 5K per month. If she was there with them, 10K more than enough.

Agree with this if you can afford it. If you can't afford it, find yourself a rich farang :D

You have a daughter with her, and you're asking a bunch of strangers how much you should send to support her?

Jeez mate . . . . look into your heart and you'll find the answer. In a situation like that it's not about doing the minimum, it's about doing what's right.

Unbelievable.

Enough for what?

We met 18 months ago have a 4 month old daughter together

girlfriend works from home small mini mart has 2 children

from a previous marriage.

That certainly changes the mix up a bit ..... the kids are added expense.

How much can you afford? If can wasily afford lot, and are giving them as little as you can get away with, then she will see you as stingy and unloving. Strange as it may seemto Western ears, giving money in Thailand is a way of showing your generosity, your good heart, and, more improtantly, your love for your wife. Even bricklayers save up for years to afford a dowry.

I don't know so much about Korat or the cost of living there - leave that to others - but my advice is that if you aren't hurting for cash then don't be too stingy. Its a BIG sin in Thailand and you may not ever live it down. The idea is not to see what the minimum amount she can live on is - Thais will think of it as chance for you to show your generosity (naam jai) and how you want your wife (and kids!!!) to live a good life.

Also, keep in mind that many people in Korat think that Farang make 100,000 THB an hour or so....

On fire today bendix.

LOL . . . I try my best.

But come on . . . do people have absolutely no sense of personal responsibility? The original post looked like he had fallen for some bargirl and wanted to know how much he could get away with sending her to stop her butterflying with someone else.

Then we learn he's known her for 18 months and has a child with her.

I would have thought the responsible thing to do is to face up to his duties as a father and give the mother of his child enough support to be able to bring the child up decently. Is there a bare minimum price on that?

If it was me, I'd be looking at it differently. How much do I need to stay alive in whatever country I live before I come back to Thailand to take care of my family. Then I would send every single penny over to Thailand.

Whatever you do do not send more than you can afford and then cut back down the road. It will send all kinds of screwed up messages to her and you will have a difficult time trying to explain to her that there is no one else etc. Keep things simple and be a good manager of money on your end so she can depend on you to be consistent with your amount of support so she can plan her expenses and savings with surety. And don't send more than you can reasonably afford so you begin to resent her and your child.

I hope all goes well.

Do a search "cost of living" "issan"

Edited by aughie

I would have thought the responsible thing to do is to face up to his duties as a father and give the mother of his child enough support to be able to bring the child up decently.  Is there a bare minimum price on that? 

There is. When taken to the court, average Thai father would be ordered to pay 30 baht per day for child'd support.

You have a daughter with her, and you're asking a bunch of strangers how much you should send to support her?

Jeez mate . . . . look into your heart and you'll find the answer.  In a situation like that it's not about doing the minimum, it's about doing what's right.

Unbelievable.

You should discus this with the mother of your child. You should already have an idea how much she will need to support your familyeach month, till you return.

You should discus this with the mother of your child. You should already have an idea how much she will need to support your familyeach month, till you return.

I'd guess he's asking here in preparation to discussing things with her.

Why don't you bring your kid and GF with to your home?

Then you don't need to send them anything.. :D

Could pose a problem, especially if the wifey finds out ! :D

Seriously (?), 10,000 baht per month is about 135 GBP (or about $240 US).

Is that affordable to you ? In other words, if that much money disappears from your monthly income, are you going to be lining up for food stamps ?

Where I am now, that represents about a days wages (or 2 nights drinking in Pattaya going by what I spent last time :o ).

What ever amount you decide upon, be careful. If the demands (for more money) start going higher and higher, watch out. Find out why she needs more (is it her friends/family pressuring her to ask for more, did she buy a buffalo for the baby to play with, and now it's sick and needs expensive vet visits, ect).

again.

you already gave her an ATM-card, so you will see, how much she is spending.

the qestion is rather, how much can you afford, and how much do you want to spend?

live in Isaan is quite cheap, but if she has to support her family (being the only daughter), and you want her to have a decent life, then anything around 10.000 should be ok, maybe a lil more.

but this is to discuss with her and not with anyone else! :D

again.

NB :D

Humm,

Ok three kids and a wife, 10k each per month to eat well and stay healthy.

It does not make much difference what the cost of living is they are your family.

The rest you should already know if not then you should not be making babies.

Never sell your family short, in the end they will be all you have. :o

Edited by meelousee

Enough for what?

For her to maintain life?  For her to support her family?  Extended family?  For her to live like a princess, buy a new BMW X5 and a 10,000 rai farm?

And, of course, it depends on a lot of variables.  If you met her in Bangkok or Pattaya and you want to send her home to be a good girl and wait for you, I have a better suggestion.  Throw your money down the toilet. At least you'll see where it's going.

Down the toilet. LOL love it. :o

She was able to afford things before you came along so why does she need dosh now because you entered the picture?  :D I guess her expenses now have changed?  :o

She may have given up work in the big city since she met Neverburi. (The odds are high they did not meet in the sticks.) Remember the motto, 'Be like dad, keep mum!'. And, since you asked, there are now four (plus?) to feed and clothe.