Sending Money Out Of Thailand

Sorry if there is a thread on this somewhere or if it has been discussed, but I'm new to the forum...

My goal is to find the best way to send money from Thailand to my Bank of America account in the US. I just mloved to Phuket a month ago. I have yet to open a Thai bank account but if using a certain bank here will help me be able to transfer money to Bank of America, then I'm certainly willing to do that.

Does anyone know anything about this and what it would cost, etc.?

Very easy. I do it every month from my Bangkok Bank account. I fill in a form, and they send it via the Swift system. Costs me 400 baht per transaction and it's in my Australian savings account earning a nice interest rate in 24 hours or less.

You'll get somewhat different rates depending upon the bank.

Also, it's good to have a print out of your account in America. The banks in Thailand want to know where it's going, and why.

If you can, find a bank with online banking and do it from there. Every time I go into SCB to transfer money to an account in the US it takes me at least 30 minutes. SCB's online banking isn't too good (there's only one "reason" for your wire transfer, and that's sending money for school).

It helps, too, if you can show that your money comes from outside Thailand. Bank managers don't want to be responsible for you speculating on Thai currency, or so I'm told.