Land Near Kangphangphet

RickThai

What bike did you get??? Used to be a biker many, many, year's ago now just got a Honda 125cc ok for round town and good for the wife, She's not getting her hand's on my Car.

Yes the book shop's I miss as well cant even find them in K.P.Phet, but can get the BKK post not the greatest thing on earth but better than nothing. Give's me a read 6 day's a week.

There are only two place's other than hotel's that you can get Farang food both run by German chap's nice peep's, one is better than the other. But make's a change now and again.

Lot's of nice coffee place's & big C has a good food hall alas all Thai, but clean and cheap.

As you more than likely know K.Pang's not to bizzy, little bit of traffic at odd time's. But you expect that in a major Metropolis.

Sad to hear that the klong is drying up. We have one just over the road as luck would have it never dry's out, have tried to get the wife to wash in it, just to save on the water bill but so far no joy.

Have been out to the park but I only go just after the rainy season when the water fall's are at there best. Nice but just a little bit to quiet for me as a place to live but I can see the appeal. Where ever you live here has got to be 1,000,000 time's better than the tourist's spot's down south.

Fred.

I ride a Honda Phantom 200cc which is a good reliable bike but there are times I could do with a bit more poke as it were but buying something like an old Honda Steed means I need another bike if I have a problem with it as there isn't anybody who can fix them around here. The only one I know of is "owned" by a cop over in Klong Nam Lai but I have no idea what the plate is from, no green book either but I don't think he worries about that sort of thing.

I have never found any farang eatery up in KP yet but I haven't looked too hard either.

Cheers

Bill

Right food Farang. The one in town is not to easy to find. But there's one on the edge, I assume that you come from your house to K.Pang and hit the BKK Tak 1 road at Toyota's, turn left towards Tak, go over the bridge about half km turn first left by U/Turn 1.2/3km on the left. Before you get to turn you will see sign Pizza. His name is Mike nice bloke. Can cook most thing's Farang, has a Thai menu as well for the good lady. You can say Fred sent you he call's me ZE VANKER. Very nice Thai place. Have to got out so will continue later. Hope this help's.

Thanks Fred

I don't usually go over the bridge to the north unless I am going up to Tak and Mae Sot or Chiang Mai.

I am off to BKK on my bike Monday to get some odd bits and pieces, back probably Wednesday and then a bit later I am going to Um Phang for a ride with my mate. Um Phang is about 40 km from my house IF there was a road through Mae Wong park but by road it is 355 km.

Seem To have got a double post from somewhere Oh well.The restaurant. Open's 7 day's a week 11am till10pm I know in a few week's he's off to BKK for a few day's, not a good time to go for Farang food a his Thai wife will be cooking it. If your not sure if he will be there you can phone first to check his No: is 0862806456. It's not expensive eg: large Leo 55bt.

Right the bike, seem powerful enough to me. My 125cc put's the fear of Buddha up me at time's, then again I'm used to the car. Took mine M/C to Mae Sot once enjoyed it, well except for the sore bum, took me several day's to get over it. But then again I'm old, and M/C was new so the seat hadn't bedded in. Needless to say not done it again. Air/con C/Control that's what it's all about for me now. Hope you give the restaurant a go. If you do give me a PM and will try and meet up. Or get Mike to phone me when you arrive.

Fred.

A 125 is ideal for city work or popping down to the village but I wouldn't take one very much further than that and I am 66 now.

It is 36 outside at the moment so som a/c would be nice on the bike.

Edited by billd766

I live about 30 minutes west of Kampangphet right next door to sister-in-law and down the street is the parents house...

Have never ever had anything "walk" from my house.....but then again my wife comes from an "unusual" thai family...

They never beg, borrow, or steal. They all work and are quite successfull at what they do. And even when I and my family

travel back to the States no one moves in my house or occupies it while we are gone. They just look after it to make sure

no one messes with it.....

Had my house built for 1,000,000 baht and the builder threw in a bunch of extras for free. Then gave us a 10%

kick back on whoever we sent his way and ended up using him to build. So so far my house has now cost

me only $700,000 baht... but I guess I just have an usual experience....:huh:

Well Fredob43 my experience is totally different from yours so I guess I will leave it at that.

Well you can put me into your camp as well. Have several business with wifes siblings. So far have made all my investment back and am

earning about 40% return a year on my money. ..In fact even had a cousing borrow money from us and then insisted on paying us

the normal interest rate of 5% (family rate) per month. Money back in hand in 3 months.....

Not everyone has horror stories about Thais and their families. There are plenty of us who CHOSE right and did just great.............

I live about 30 minutes west of Kampangphet right next door to sister-in-law and down the street is the parents house...

Have never ever had anything "walk" from my house.....but then again my wife comes from an "unusual" thai family...

They never beg, borrow, or steal. They all work and are quite successfull at what they do. And even when I and my family

travel back to the States no one moves in my house or occupies it while we are gone. They just look after it to make sure

Had my house built for 1,000,000 baht and the builder threw in a bunch of extras for free. Then gave us a 10%

kick back on whoever we sent his way and ended up using him to build. So so far my house has now cost

Well done nice to hear from someone that is having a good time of it. See there are happy peep's out there. Have you noticed not one reply from anyone that's not doing to well.

Dont know why that is maybe they just dont want to own up about it.

But I digress your builder is he any good, as am looking for one to replace part of a roof, Fair size. + some other bit's. All the one's I know come and look and say yes will come back next week with a price that was over 2 year's ago. Slight exaggeration but I think you'll get the point. If you can let me have his Phone No: Would be obliged. Dont care if you get a kick back just want the job done........... Hope you haven't spent $700,000 Must be a big place. Want to swap.

HI

good to hear you are doing well for yourself (AND AGAIN FRED YOU ARE RIGHT,THEY ONLY SPEAK ABOUT THE GOOD THINGS) BUT when the shit hits the fan.:hit-the-fan: you can not find them or hear from them.

kda in the pool ( its f-----g hot):burp: :burp: :burp:

HI

good to hear you are doing well for yourself (AND AGAIN FRED YOU ARE RIGHT,THEY ONLY SPEAK ABOUT THE GOOD THINGS) BUT when the shit hits the fan.:hit-the-fan: you can not find them or hear from them.

What follow's is a few anecdote's (All true) of other peep's that have got it RIGHT.

Two David's and an Ian. All English.

I'll start with Ian.

Now mid 60's been here for the last 12 year's live's just outside BKK. Started with just over 120,000 pound's one long term relationship. Now on his second Thai wife.

First got a condo "His name" + car, lost money on both. First two Ladies done him over. But the one he has now in his word's is great. Sorted at last. Now live's in a rented Condo, car on H/P. But cant afford to go out much only 1/2 a week even then he has to watch the bt now live's on his pension. He pay's for everything + he give's the new wife 20,000bt a month. Dont Ask. + all her food expenses ect. What sort of a life is that you may ask. He get's looked after well, his word's again, for 20,000bt he bloody well should be. She go's out with friend's Thai 5/6 time's a month also go's off to see her family 4/5 time's a year. "That she pay's for" I spoke to him last week and he told me he's a bit pissed off as normal but he's made it at last. Another happy punter.

David I.

Now 66/7 live's outside Surin, Had two house's in England both now sold. Get's a fair pension. Lived here for about 8/9 year's Love's his life, can live off 150bt a day where he live's (His word's) Has a small house, nice if you like small house's in a rice paddy. Load's of land + pick up, all in wife's name. Now got his wife a shop 4 km down the road, Just one problem with that, she now has to sleep there to take care of the goodies in side. The only time he see's her is if he go's there, or when she come's back for a shower. They keep up to date through the bathroom door.

Sound's Ok If you like the quiet life I hear you say. But now I'll get to the cost's. He has now only got about 150,000 pound's left out of 500,000++. Blow's a bit of a hole in his 150bt a day A. + he sit's in the house all day/night on his own with no bugger to talk to. Phone's me every day at least twice. Cant use a Comp: only got a few news channels to watch on TV, family all live next door but he doesn't speak Thai/Issan and they dont speak English. I could go on but I think you'll get the drift. Another happy punter.

David 2.

You'll have to wait for that one as I'm a bit pissed of tapping he live's in K.K.Phet.

Edited by fredob43

HI

What follow's is a few anecdote's (All true) of other peep's that have got it RIGHT.

Two David's and an Ian. All English.

I'll start with Ian.

Now mid 60's been here for the last 12 year's live's just outside BKK. Started with just over 120,000 pound's one long term relationship. Now on his second Thai wife.

First got a condo "His name" + car, lost money on both. First two Ladies done him over. But the one he has now in his word's is great. Sorted at last. Now live's in a rented Condo, car on H/P. But cant afford to go out much only 1/2 a week even then he has to watch the bt now live's on his pension. He pay's for everything + he give's the new wife 20,000bt a month. Dont Ask. + all her food expenses ect. What sort of a life is that you may ask. He get's looked after well, his word's again, for 20,000bt he bloody well should be. She go's out with friend's Thai 5/6 time's a month also go's off to see her family 4/5 time's a year. "That she pay's for" I spoke to him last week and he told me he's a bit pissed off as normal but he's made it at last. Another happy punter.

David I.

Now 66/7 live's outside Surin, Had two house's in England both now sold. Get's a fair pension. Lived here for about 8/9 year's Love's his life, can live off 150bt a day where he live's (His word's) Has a small house, nice if you like small house's in a rice paddy. Load's of land + pick up, all in wife's name. Now got his wife a shop 4 km down the road, Just one problem with that, she now has to sleep there to take care of the goodies in side. The only time he see's her is if he go's there, or when she come's back for a shower. They keep up to date through the bathroom door.

Sound's Ok If you like the quiet life I hear you say. But now I'll get to the cost's. He has now only got about 150,000 pound's left out of 500,000++. Blow's a bit of a hole in his 150bt a day A. + he sit's in the house all day/night on his own with no bugger to talk to. Phone's me every day at least twice. Cant use a Comp: only got a few news channels to watch on TV, family all live next door but he doesn't speak Thai/Issan and they dont speak English. I could go on but I think you'll get the drift. Another happy punter.

David 2.

You'll have to wait for that one as I'm a bit pissed of tapping he live's in K.K.Phet.

David 2. Age now 72.

Came here 4 year's ago on holiday, first time in Thailand. Met up with his now G/F then in BKK. Had two house's in England now one. Now live's here full time has a 4 d/bedroom house + a car and pick up, all in G/F name. 6 month's ago built a shop that sell's all sort's of goodies. That take's more than 3,000bt a day. The G/F + family run it and he go's off every day to get pissed. Now going back to Blighty in the next few week's to bring back another 100,000 pound's, 4.5 + mil:bt that's to make the shop bigger so they can hold yet more stock, so far so good. Now the knitty gritty. Cost's, who pay's for all the stock well he dose, dose he get anything back from it apart from being able to go out on his own every day, well NO. Who pocket's all the cash at the end of the month well the G/F + family. But look on the bright side he dose get all his food for free, no rent to pay + she pay's for the fuel, tax, ect on the car's. Saw him last week and he say's he's very happy. His word's. All you have to do is work out how much he pay's for stock + how much he will have to pay for the new place + the extra stock it will take to fill it. And you'll have some idea of how much it's costing him. Yet another happy punter. Who has left his brain's at the Airport in BKK.

Now those are just some of the happy one's I know, dream world spring's to mind. I wont go down the road that the one's that have not had it so good have trodden. That's why in my opinion we haven't had any post's on (I got it wrong) How wrong have you got to get it for Buddha sake. If you would like any more story's like the above just ask I've got thousand's.

Hello,

Glad to see someone has integrated so well with their Thai in-laws. My experience has been pretty much the same for most of my wife's family. There is a black-sheep or two that I wouldn't trust any further than I could throw them. Thing is the rest of my wife's family won't have much to do with them as well.

In two years I hope to be living somewhere in Thailand. I plan on visiting next year. Since my wife is from Khangphang Phet maybe I'll see you around some day.

Regards,

RickThai

Hello,

Glad to see someone has integrated so well with their Thai in-laws. My experience has been pretty much the same for most of my wife's family. There is a black-sheep or two that I wouldn't trust any further than I could throw them. Thing is the rest of my wife's family won't have much to do with them as well.

In two years I hope to be living somewhere in Thailand. I plan on visiting next year. Since my wife is from Khangphang Phet maybe I'll see you around some day.

Regards,

RickThai

What Ho, Rick.

I cant talk for the other peep's, but if you do find yourself in K.K.Phet just pop along to Mike's restaurant, direction's in one of the above post's. Get's quiet a lot of Farang's in just ask him to phone me or anyone that's about, I'm sure all would love to meet up with another chum for a chat. Best of luck with what ever you decide on, the good life can be found here it just need's a little thought and a bit of luck. Not unlike where ever in the world you find yourself.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Seem To have got a double post from somewhere Oh well.The restaurant. Open's 7 day's a week 11am till10pm I know in a few week's he's off to BKK for a few day's, not a good time to go for Farang food a his Thai wife will be cooking it. If your not sure if he will be there you can phone first to check his No: is 0862806456. It's not expensive eg: large Leo 55bt.

Right the bike, seem powerful enough to me. My 125cc put's the fear of Buddha up me at time's, then again I'm used to the car. Took mine M/C to Mae Sot once enjoyed it, well except for the sore bum, took me several day's to get over it. But then again I'm old, and M/C was new so the seat hadn't bedded in. Needless to say not done it again. Air/con C/Control that's what it's all about for me now. Hope you give the restaurant a go. If you do give me a PM and will try and meet up. Or get Mike to phone me when you arrive.

Fred.

Hi Fred

I am going to see a mate in P'lok on Sunday and coming back on Monday through K'Phet so I may give Mike's pizza a try if you are around.

Bill

Fred.

Hi Fred

I am going to see a mate in P'lok on Sunday and coming back on Monday through K'Phet so I may give Mike's pizza a try if you are around.

Bill

What Ho, Bill.

Rain check on that one. Sorry but going to be in BKK, will be back on Thursday night. Will be about till the 20th then off to BKK again till 27/28th. But do call into Mike's nice chap. Have a beer on me I'll tell Mike I'll pay. If your going to be in K.Pang anytime you and the good lady are welcome to call in, my place is dead easy to find. Give me a call on 0870909383, and I'll give you direction's. Have a good trip.

Regard's Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Fred.

Hi Fred

Bill

What Ho, Bill.

Rain check on that one. Sorry but going to be in BKK, will be back on Thursday night. Will be about till the 20th then off to BKK again till 27/28th. But do call into Mike's nice chap. Have a beer on me I'll tell Mike I'll pay. If your going to be in K.Pang anytime you and the good lady are welcome to call in, my place is dead easy to find. Give me a call on 0870909383, and I'll give you direction's. Have a good trip.

Regard's Fred.

OK. Sh1t happens

In my Village we have only one major Bank, Kasikorn, and I am the only falang customer on their books.

I would visit the bank at least once a week, know all the staff, and they know me.

Last week wanted a new ATM card and had to go back home and get my passport.......twits.

Have had an A/C with them fo 13 years!!!

BAYBOY

In my Village we have only one major Bank, Kasikorn, and I am the only falang customer on their books.

I would visit the bank at least once a week, know all the staff, and they know me.

Last week wanted a new ATM card and had to go back home and get my passport.......twits.

BAYBOY

I get the same thing. Have you ever tried to get a direct debit card, can get them but the peep's in Kas branch in K.Pang dont know how to fill out the form, so I cant get one. Just some of the joy's of living in Thailand. Good fun A. Here's one the other week I went in to change up some cash "English" the money was going into my account and they wanted my passport as well, as I didnt have it, to save me going home they took my wife's ID card. "Twit's" I could think of better word's but they might not get through the Admin. It wont ever get any better, just learn to live with it. Oh how I love this place.

BAYBOY

I get the same thing. Have you ever tried to get a direct debit card, can get them but the peep's in Kas branch in K.Pang dont know how to fill out the form, so I cant get one. Just some of the joy's of living in Thailand. Good fun A. Here's one the other week I went in to change up some cash "English" the money was going into my account and they wanted my passport as well, as I didnt have it, to save me going home they took my wife's ID card. "Twit's" I could think of better word's but they might not get through the Admin. It wont ever get any better, just learn to live with it. Oh how I love this place.

There are a few more farangs than me that use the Kbank in my village but I still have similar problems.

The problem is not the branch but the Kbank itself and nobody in the branch is allowed to go beyond their "box".

Saying that I went through the Ebank side and ordered a copy of the last 5 years statements for our joint account plus I wanted to change my email address.

The agreed in the end to the statements and said it would take about a week which was OK as I wasn't in a hurry plus I HAVE to go to the bank with the form to change the email address.

I went to a couple of the staff and the last one spoke fair English but we had a terrible problem trying to get the email address done. I spoke with the call centre and my wife who then spoke to the guy in the bank, who then spoke to customer services. Meanwhile I was on the phone to a manager there who wanted to speak to the guy in the bank and also to my wife who was actually somewhere else.

Just to change my email address took about 2 hours of phone time and about 6 bank staff but we managed it in the end.

The statements that were sent to the bank? Nobody knows here they are.

On the other hand I am now getting one pension paid into the joint account and I called them in the UK to check if they had the form, including the personal questions that only took 3 1/2 minutes.

Amazing Thailand but I do love it so.

BAYBOY

There are a few more farangs than me that use the Kbank in my village but I still have similar problems.

The problem is not the branch but the Kbank itself and nobody in the branch is allowed to go beyond their "box".

Saying that I went through the Ebank side and ordered a copy of the last 5 years statements for our joint account plus I wanted to change my email address.

The agreed in the end to the statements and said it would take about a week which was OK as I wasn't in a hurry plus I HAVE to go to the bank with the form to change the email address.

I went to a couple of the staff and the last one spoke fair English but we had a terrible problem trying to get the email address done. I spoke with the call centre and my wife who then spoke to the guy in the bank, who then spoke to customer services. Meanwhile I was on the phone to a manager there who wanted to speak to the guy in the bank and also to my wife who was actually somewhere else.

Just to change my email address took about 2 hours of phone time and about 6 bank staff but we managed it in the end.

The statements that were sent to the bank? Nobody knows here they are.

On the other hand I am now getting one pension paid into the joint account and I called them in the UK to check if they had the form, including the personal questions that only took 3 1/2 minutes.

Amazing Thailand but I do love it so.

Now what would you do all week if you didnt have to go to the bank every day. Just go out on your Bike and get very hot. Had a word with Mike last night and said you might pop in. Have left one in the pipe for you Enjoy. If you dont go no problem as I will have it on my return, It'll taste better as it will be sort of free. Yes I know been here to long.

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to hear from someone that is doing OK. and happy with there lot. But everything over here is not all a bunch of rose's. From the visa set up having to report every 90 day's even if married. To the Thai xenophobic attitude toward's the Farang's. And even themselve's to wit the colour of your skin.

I have lived here full time for over 15 year's and am still surprised by the thing's I see and hear.

Agree with the language ie try and learn. What bugger's most is the tone's 5 in all. EG. Thai, Mi, Mi, Mi, Mi, Mi, all said in different tone's "English" New wood does'nt burn dose it. Yes I know not something you would use every day but now you know how easy it is, or not as the case may be.

I think you have to be very much in love or be happy with your lot to live out in the stick's. It's got to be a route march to even go shopping. Lack of a good TV set up is another thing, yes I know it can be got but for a price, even more than Blighty. Even computer speed is a major problem.

As far as the money side is concerned as you pointed out not cheap anymore at 48bt to the pound.

I agree with you, you can't pick the family. That's why I said be careful how close you live. In all my post I just try to be helpful and point out the thing's that can occur. Please Buddha they dont but best to be not looking at thing's through rose tinted glass's.

Like your situation with the ex wife, over here you end up with nothing if thing's go wrong.

Get it right and you will be happy, get it wrong and your in the du du's. Saying that would I live anyware else in the world. Not on your life. Even with all it's up's and down's.....Got a good dentist if you want to help out your old chicken's. Just a thought.

Hey Fredo, thanks for turning me on to this thread! I see I am not the only naive one in the world. I won't go into all my experiences except what I have written before. I just want others to know and learn from my mistakes and I will just jot a few of my things down as I see them in not neccessarily in order of importance for coming and living in Thailand except the first one!

1. Never let anyone know your exact income!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- and forget ethics and morals

2. Always be on your toes when it come to money

3. Don't trust any thai until you know them verrry good

4. rent for at least a year before buying anything

5.try and have a falang friend to talk with

6. Never let anyone know your income!

7. Listen to the horror stories of others and don't think if can't happen to you!

8. Never and I mean Never, live close to your wifes family!!

9. If you're married to a thai or have a Thai gf try and live in a town where you both don't know anyone at first.

10. listen to your gut feeling's(they are correct)

11. Don't buy yellow gold all the time for your sweety, she will just pawn it when you are gone away on businesss or whatever.(it's just cash to them)

12. Don't ever loan money to a Thai( stead fast rule) unless you have callateral in hand.

13. Make sure and have or get an automobile soon after living in Thailand. Use a bus rather than tuk tuk or taxi(cheaper)

14. Don't live in Bkk too long-try and live in Chiang mai or smaller (less traffic and easier to drive)

15. don't marry legally unless you want to worry about becoming a suicide victim(for insurance)...accidentally of course!

16. Don't hire a Thai to do work on your home unless you have the price down on paper and signed and don't pay until the job is done to satisfaction.

17. watch your back!

18. If your wife is constantly on her mobile phone, suspect something! if it is always a cousin or brother calling, don't believe it.

19. Let them think you are broke until next week. this will cut down on them asking for loans.

20. Never trust what a thai tells you!

21. Remember you are last as far as importance even if you are married.

22. remember her father or mother is calling the shots, not her.

23. Always remember it is not YOU they are fond of, it is what you can do for them.

24. The smiles are just that, a smile only meaning nothing except to make you think everything is fine.

25. They think you are stupid!

26. Ony a certain few will find true happiness in los.maybe 5%(my opinion)

27.Never trust anything you are told especially about money, even your wife(especially her)

28. You are an outsider and always will be

29. don't be fooled by that sweet voice and tears.(very important)

30. Think really hard as to why a Thai girl wants to be with a falang!!! hint-it's not you!

31, Now go home with your tail between your legs .:jap: and enjoy what you had and didn't know you had!.....There is a reason thai's want to come to YOUR home country! If Thailand was such a paradise, why is that? and last but not least, Never trust a Thai if you are a falang!! Did I mention, never trust what you are told? It's most likely a story to get your hard earned money......ok done!......just my advice for anyone thinking about having a wonderfful new life in los....

Also remember, all Thai people think you are filthy rich and if you don't have the money they want, you will be labeled stinky,,,because, after all, you are filthy rich! They can not comprehend that you are just like anyone else with bills to pay etc. You are rich!!,,,,you will be expected to build a new house for your wife and expected to buy a new truck for the family or father, You will be expected to buy most eveything when shopping because you are rich!!

You're wife will not understand that YOU have resonsibilitys in your home country to try to keep your credit good etc. That is not ever ever taken into account. It just that she knows you have this much pension and she thinks she should get 50% gross before any bills are paid...it's freeking crazy :wacko:.....good day!....:jap:

Nice to hear from someone that is doing OK. and happy with there lot. But everything over here is not all a bunch of rose's. From the visa set up having to report every 90 day's even if married. To the Thai xenophobic attitude toward's the Farang's. And even themselve's to wit the colour of your skin.

I have lived here full time for over 15 year's and am still surprised by the thing's I see and hear.

Agree with the language ie try and learn. What bugger's most is the tone's 5 in all. EG. Thai, Mi, Mi, Mi, Mi, Mi, all said in different tone's "English" New wood does'nt burn dose it. Yes I know not something you would use every day but now you know how easy it is, or not as the case may be.

I think you have to be very much in love or be happy with your lot to live out in the stick's. It's got to be a route march to even go shopping. Lack of a good TV set up is another thing, yes I know it can be got but for a price, even more than Blighty. Even computer speed is a major problem.

As far as the money side is concerned as you pointed out not cheap anymore at 48bt to the pound.

I agree with you, you can't pick the family. That's why I said be careful how close you live. In all my post I just try to be helpful and point out the thing's that can occur. Please Buddha they dont but best to be not looking at thing's through rose tinted glass's.

Like your situation with the ex wife, over here you end up with nothing if thing's go wrong.

Get it right and you will be happy, get it wrong and your in the du du's. Saying that would I live anyware else in the world. Not on your life. Even with all it's up's and down's.....Got a good dentist if you want to help out your old chicken's. Just a thought.

Hey Fredo, thanks for turning me on to this thread! I see I am not the only naive one in the world. I won't go into all my experiences except what I have written before. I just want others to know and learn from my mistakes and I will just jot a few of my things down as I see them in not neccessarily in order of importance for coming and living in Thailand except the first one!

1. Never let anyone know your exact income!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- and forget ethics and morals

2. Always be on your toes when it come to money

3. Don't trust any thai until you know them verrry good

4. rent for at least a year before buying anything

5.try and have a falang friend to talk with

6. Never let anyone know your income!

7. Listen to the horror stories of others and don't think if can't happen to you!

8. Never and I mean Never, live close to your wifes family!!

9. If you're married to a thai or have a Thai gf try and live in a town where you both don't know anyone at first.

10. listen to your gut feeling's(they are correct)

11. Don't buy yellow gold all the time for your sweety, she will just pawn it when you are gone away on businesss or whatever.(it's just cash to them)

12. Don't ever loan money to a Thai( stead fast rule) unless you have callateral in hand.

13. Make sure and have or get an automobile soon after living in Thailand. Use a bus rather than tuk tuk or taxi(cheaper)

14. Don't live in Bkk too long-try and live in Chiang mai or smaller (less traffic and easier to drive)

15. don't marry legally unless you want to worry about becoming a suicide victim(for insurance)...accidentally of course!

16. Don't hire a Thai to do work on your home unless you have the price down on paper and signed and don't pay until the job is done to satisfaction.

17. watch your back!

18. If your wife is constantly on her mobile phone, suspect something! if it is always a cousin or brother calling, don't believe it.

19. Let them think you are broke until next week. this will cut down on them asking for loans.

20. Never trust what a thai tells you!

21. Remember you are last as far as importance even if you are married.

22. remember her father or mother is calling the shots, not her.

23. Always remember it is not YOU they are fond of, it is what you can do for them.

24. The smiles are just that, a smile only meaning nothing except to make you think everything is fine.

25. They think you are stupid!

26. Ony a certain few will find true happiness in los.maybe 5%(my opinion)

27.Never trust anything you are told especially about money, even your wife(especially her)

28. You are an outsider and always will be

29. don't be fooled by that sweet voice and tears.(very important)

30. Think really hard as to why a Thai girl wants to be with a falang!!! hint-it's not you!

31, Now go home with your tail between your legs .:jap: and enjoy what you had and didn't know you had!.....There is a reason thai's want to come to YOUR home country! If Thailand was such a paradise, why is that? and last but not least, Never trust a Thai if you are a falang!! Did I mention, never trust what you are told? It's most likely a story to get your hard earned money......ok done!......just my advice for anyone thinking about having a wonderfful new life in los....

Also remember, all Thai people think you are filthy rich and if you don't have the money they want, you will be labeled stinky,,,because, after all, you are filthy rich! They can not comprehend that you are just like anyone else with bills to pay etc. You are rich!!,,,,you will be expected to build a new house for your wife and expected to buy a new truck for the family or father, You will be expected to buy most eveything when shopping because you are rich!!

You're wife will not understand that YOU have resonsibilitys in your home country to try to keep your credit good etc. That is not ever ever taken into account. It just that she knows you have this much pension and she thinks she should get 50% gross before any bills are paid...it's freeking crazy :wacko:.....good day!....:jap:

Well what can I say except you seem to have experienced all if not more than I put in earlier post's. Pitty you never read the book "money number one" all you posted about is in there. From the Thai tear's. Short story on that, used to know a bar girl "friend" asked her once when she used to see her boy friend/friend's off at the airport did she put a little tiger balm under her eye's for the false tear's??? Dont be stupid come's the reply LEMON it's cheaper. It's all down to MONEY/COST'S. Then she would go to arrivel's still with the tear's and try to pick up a new farang. Why did you still leave the lemon??? Oh alway's found a STUPID farang that would say you look in distress can I help you Bingo sorted for another few week's. Smart A.

To the not buying a house Ever. Even though you can take out a holding on that it will never be your's. Saying that did I pay money for a house well yes. That was because mine a five Double bedroom one that I was renting was being sold so I brought it for 14,000 pound's $20,000 Worked it out that at 5,000bt a month for rent that I was paying was a good deal, got half my money back already. Also give's Wife/Daughter some security. My car 30,000 pound's is in my name I'm not crazy. On the subject of Cash you hit the nail on the head NEVER tell them what you've got, Or tell them atm No: And NEVER NEVER Live near family. Even though some peep's dont find it a problem most will.

In all my experierce's here your 5% is a little adrift, for every one that make's it, there are 1,000 that dont, or dont think they have got it to bad, and are happy!!!!! with there lot. Next time your here try and get the book obtainable Pattaya most book shop's, or BKK Ditto. Give it a read and you'll see yourself there. Sorry to hear of your problem's "Different post" I know a bit late, but your at least a much wiser person now. Not that that's much help. Dont give up on Thailand can be a great place to live, IF you get it right. (Not easy) but can be done.

Regard's Fred.

• 2 weeks later...

OH BOYS.:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

What Ho Kelboy.

Hope your doing Ok in Blighty. Not party time there price wise is it. Keep us posted on when your going to return. Bloody cold again for the last few day's but has now started to warm up a bit. I'm off to Mae-Sai in a week or so for a few day's Visa run dont you know, on my own yet again, Oh the lonelyness, we have to endour at time's.