Does My Cat Really Love Me?

Assuming your Post is not a wind up?

Having had many Cats in my life,the first thing to remember is that Cats do not love anyone, except themselves,

When they sit on your lap or curl up and snuggle down with you on the Bed,they are looking for warmth and comfort,and "not doing it to please you"

When they rub against your leg and curl their tail around your leg,it means "feed me"

When they gently claw you,its not affection,its "exercising" and "flexing their claws"

Guess who commandeers your favourite armchair? when you want to watch TV?

And when you bring out that nice piece of fish,you were looking forward to,drives you mad until it gets some? same goes opening Tinned Fish.

My Wife and I rescued a Kitten/skeleton from the street,feeding from dustbins,wasn't long before it expected the best of everthing,and try and stroke it,if you could handle a good scratching and being bitten,that is.

As for licking you with affection,forget it, they have a salt deficiency.

They climb trees and kill young chicks in their nest, not from hunger,just for sport,same goes for mice,usually they play with them to death.

So no,your Cat is incapable of Love!

Selfish Creatures!

If true Love and companionship is needed,then best to get a Dog, in IMO

Edited by MAJIC

Some think same sex relationships can't work. He was neutered at the vets and I sadly was neutered by an ex. :ph34r:

We have great affection for each other. He greets me when I come home, watches over me when I sleep, keeps a watchful eye on me in the shower in case I slip and fall, gives me some head butts and a nuzzle when I need them and never asks for money.

I always thought I preferred dogs but this rascal couldn't be a better friend and I gladly let him take my chair, sit on the towels in the linen closet, verify the contents of bags and conduct inspections of the premises. He is independent yet loyal. Tell me how I could have a better pal?

Some think same sex relationships can't work. He was neutered at the vets and I sadly was neutered by an ex. :ph34r:

We have great affection for each other. He greets me when I come home, watches over me when I sleep, keeps a watchful eye on me in the shower in case I slip and fall, gives me some head butts and a nuzzle when I need them and never asks for money.

I always thought I preferred dogs but this rascal couldn't be a better friend and I gladly let him take my chair, sit on the towels in the linen closet, verify the contents of bags and conduct inspections of the premises. He is independent yet loyal. Tell me how I could have a better pal?

Agree 100%. Plus they don't need washing, they do it themselves, constantly, they go next door and bury their crap, no mess to clear up AND my cat brings me lunch now and again, usually a mouse or lizard, just to show appreciation for his daily bowl of grub but the biggy is it doesn't bark at anything that moves. All in all a great companion to have around. :D

Having had many Cats in my life,the first thing to remember is that Cats do not love anyone, except themselves,

When they sit on your lap or curl up and snuggle down with you on the Bed,they are looking for warmth and comfort,and "not doing it to please you"

When they rub against your leg and curl their tail around your leg,it means "feed me"

When they gently claw you,its not affection,its "exercising" and "flexing their claws"

And when you bring out that nice piece of fish,you were looking forward to,drives you mad until it gets some? same goes opening Tinned Fish.

My Wife and I rescued a Kitten/skeleton from the street,feeding from dustbins,wasn't long before it expected the best of everthing,and try and stroke it,if you could handle a good scratching and being bitten,that is.

They climb trees and kill young chicks in their nest, not from hunger,just for sport,same goes for mice,usually they play with them to death.

Selfish Creatures!

2 pages of replies, yet you still miss the point.

Selfish Creatures!

You just described my last UK wife, except for the climbing trees, though l was driven up the wall. :D

Selfish Creatures!

2 pages of replies, yet you still miss the point.

Yes I knew,but decided to be a bit more accurate and subtle.

• 2 weeks later...

Siamese cats are renown for their independence and indifference, only coming to you when they want something like food. You have already taken the animal under your care; what you may want to do is test whether she would stay with you when things get bad. For example, should whiskers be too expensive to buy and you have to substitute supermarkets own brand. Or maybe you are unwell and are unable to go shopping, will she stay with you and keep you company even though you don't have any cat food to give her and its boring that you are sick? Time is always a good test, but you may not wish to leave her in your will, lest she trip you up on the stairs, etc. Does she stay with you and keep you company or does she go out and play with other cats? If she goes out, what does she do when she is out playing? As other posters have said cats are quite mercenary and will find a new owner if you are unable to look after her. As I said time will tell; take it easy and don't make too many commitments with her. Spoiling a cat can lead to all sorts of problems; increasing expectations and causing disappointments. Best not spoil a cat; keep the diet simple, don't buy her too many toys.

• 3 weeks later...