Does My Cat Really Love Me?

I took in a stray kitten last year and she sits on my lap each evening as we watch TV together and curls up on my bed each night to sleep. She very cute and seems fond of me, but there's a big age difference, she's around 8 and half months old and I'm 67. Do you think she only stays with me for the cat food and plastic mice?

Also, recently her family have been coming around to my house at night and meowing loudly outside my door. Should I feed them or will this cause more problems in future?

Edited by Familyonthemove

I think you hit the nail on its head :D if there was no food and shelter she would be gone. You can of course feed the family but that means you will have to keep doing it. They will come back untill the food is gone then they will find a new farang to milk. :D

However if you were to take a DOG then you are more likely to find love. Age difference does not matter that much, a sleek young kitten will take advantage of you but an old DOG will be forever gratefull and protect you :D

Yea but I would much rather play fetch with a young bitch than an old one.

However if you were to take a DOG then you are more likely to find love. Age difference does not matter that much, a sleek young kitten will take advantage of you but an old DOG will be forever gratefull and protect you :D

Yea but I would much rather play fetch with a young bitch than an old one.

I have to agree with you there but then its all about the playing and not the love.

I think "cat" is code for "Wife/GF" Sorry OP just joking. Seriously, your cat is an animal and does not love you.

wow, aren't you a literal fellow. American perchance?

It's the OP's fault.

He should have written "THIS IS AN ANALOGY" in big flashing letters. This is Thaivisa after all.

She's clearly only into you for the whiskers, take it away and see how long she stays around!

Cheapest lesson you ever learned- don't meet your cats on the street! If you don't like it you can walk. TIT. Vote with your feet.

Prepare for the stray apologists...

If she licks you, she appreciates you, and your largesse. Do you require more? Dogs want [need] a pack leader, not a buddy. Puhhlease let's not discuss lerve, far too complicated a subject. More comments from dumbass cat-haters please. I'll get back to you.

Start bringing home Tesco Value cat food. Continue to give her all the love and affection and she may start finding some good protein from the fields around to supplement your basics. If she sticks around she probably likes you.

Alternatively, just stop feeding her altogether and see if she can fend for herself. Still give her the love and affection you have for her, and if she loves you she'll stick around.

If with either of the above she heads off into someone else's house to receive a nice plate of Whiskers, you've got a lovely cat on the surface, but a deceitful one inside.

Cats are easy to figure out really, its just a question of whether you want to know their true feelings. In my experience, go for one that's a bit rough looking (you don't need to get an old dog though) that nobody else will take in. She'll come back to you no matter what.

Edited by naboo

If she licks you, she appreciates you, and your largesse. Do you require more? Dogs want [need] a pack leader, not a buddy. Puhhlease let's not discuss lerve, far too complicated a subject. More comments from dumbass cat-haters please. I'll get back to you.

But she's got such a bumpy tongue it sends chills up my spine. I think she's just like my cow (who's got an even bumpier tongue), and only licks me for the salt she can get.

I think "cat" is code for "Wife/GF" Sorry OP just joking. Seriously, your cat is an animal and does not love you.

wow, aren't you a literal fellow. American perchance?

It's the OP's fault.

He should have written "THIS IS AN ANALOGY" in big flashing letters. This is Thaivisa after all.

This could turn into one of the funniest posts here ever. As long as ANALOGY is the funny piece ! Cheers.

The trouble with a nice little pussy is it grows up to be a big cat and take over your favorite couch

Tiger_E.sized.jpg

And you've got to be careful of the shaved pussy, and especially in Thailand. They are very dangerous creatures.

shaved_cat.sized.jpg