How To Get Rid Of Sms Spam?

WhiteCadillac

it's a joke! I found out recently that even the banks sells personal information to insurance companies and you get calls from them offering this and that and they do not take no for an answer. When asked how they get our info, one of the agents replied that they got it from the banks.........i wonder who else have the option to buy this information.

It may depend on the type of contract. i.e. Pre-paid (Pay as you go) or Post Paid (monthly contract).

I have a monthly contract and a year ago I was receiving spam in the manner of sms and mms (pictures etc). I was charged for receiving MCOT updates (approximately 4000 bahts worth) while roaming.

I told AIS that I had signed no contract or requested such mms or sms spam and that they should charge MCOT and the other companies who'd sent me the messages. I also told AIS to permit no spam through to my number or I would change provider.

I was told that they couldn't control who sends me sms and mms - However, it worked and I hardly receive any spam sms or mms.....

my cheap phone does not require additional software; I simply put the spammers into the BlackList

I have the same problem with many spam-SMS every day. So where do you update your "Blacklist"?

I have looked everywhere in my phone and cannot find any function similar to a Blacklist.

<_<:(:o

ha ha ha . . . interesting issues !

any privacy law in Thailand, or just no one follows it ? I bought an inkject printer in IT Mall and they requested a copy of my passport. yeah, personal information in banks, universities, shopping menbership are all 100%OPENED !

also in Thailand, the telecom services are billed on BOTH SIDES - sender and receiver, on voice and sms and mms. I installed an application on my Nokia to 'scan' ( in fact it hides ) the spam sms, but the bill of sms are the same ! yeah, you get the comfort of no spam, you pay the same bill !

talk to the service provider, yes you could eliminate some sms from the provider only. indeed, they couldn't filter others.

In some cases the retail outlet where the SIM is purchased markets the number so that it can be spammed. This is especially true for those 29 baht SIMs sold on the street. Other times the subscriptions are left over from the previous owner. In any case the OP should just dial 1331 and kindly ask to have all spam SMSes blocked.

I called them about a week ago and they said they will stop sending SPAM. But the spam is still coming.

They asked me to call them again if theres still more spam. Why couldnt they just turn it off the first time.

I am thining of getting a new number from a better operator than True.

yes ditch true

i dont have spam turned off

because occasionally there is a promotion worth purchasing like 15% bonus on 300 baht purchase from true

or special on sms (yet to try this one)

30 for 30 baht

Edited by deejah