Looking For Breakfast With Smoking Patio

CanInBKK

If I had the desire to clog my arteries with bacon fat while simultaneously poisoning my lungs with cigarette smoke, where could I do this in Bangkok? The genre of food is not specific, just looking for a place to have a relaxing breakfast without having to run out to the sidewalk for a puff. Thanks

Try Omni Tower, 69 Sukh, Soi 4.

Not exactly ideal for watching the world pass by, but "took lae dii". Egg, (fried , omelette, scrambled) and ham / bacon / sausage, endless coffee and toast +jam, fruit, juice for ~130B.

Also burgers 85B, club sarnies 85 B, fries if you want a side order ~30B. Tea or coffee only 39 B for about 3 cups.

Or Landmark Hotel (more up-market and I cannot remember costs). Watch the world go by on lower Sukhumvit (near soi 4).

Actually your choice is endless...depends on how much you want to pay and where you live.

Cheers

There is The Dutch Rest. (International) on the corner of Soi 23 & Soi Cowboy. I know they have a breakfast section to the menu but not sure when they open. I've only eaten there in the afternoon and evening. Good prices for good food. They have a patio.

Edited by Nisa

Coffee Society on Silom Road is the best place in town for breaky and a smoke. Right next to Burger King just down from Silom Complex. Has a nice outdoor area right on Silom road. The eggs Benedict is to die for.

The Soi 8 Pub (Sukhumvit Soi 8) does a great breakfast for the price & has a decent outside area for smokers & people watching...actually, it may be one of the few pubs that still allows smoking inside (I know they did for a long time after the new laws came in).

Edited by thecatman

The Soi 8 Pub (Sukhumvit Soi 8) does a great breakfast for the price & has a decent outside area for smokers & people watching...actually, it may be one of the few pubs that still allows smoking inside (I know they did for a long time after the new laws came in).

You can do the same at Chequers on Soi 4.

I "THINK" the law is you can smoke inside if the place doesn't have air conditioning. Usually this means the place will only have three walls (like an open garage) or two walls if on a corner.

My understanding is that patios and other areas of restaurants are supposed to be smoke-free and technically smoking there would be illegal. Some bars obviously allow this, such as Soi 8 Bar, but I would be very surprised if you could smoke in the outdoor area at somewhere as upmarket as the Oriental.

My understanding is that patios and other areas of restaurants are supposed to be smoke-free and technically smoking there would be illegal. Some bars obviously allow this, such as Soi 8 Bar, but I would be very surprised if you could smoke in the outdoor area at somewhere as upmarket as the Oriental.

The last laws I see (net search) are from 2008 when they extended the smoking ban (air conditioned places) to bars and outdoor market-places. Although it also says these same places can designate smoking areas. I have NEVER seen any bar or restaurant restrict smoking on their patios. However, I do see that outdoor market places have banned smoking in the market areas.

Here is one link to a discussion on Thai Visa ... http://www.thaivisa....an-from-feb-10/

EDIT:

Also from http://en.wikipedia....g_bans#Thailand

Thailand

Indoor smoking ban effective in all indoor air conditioned establishments throughout Thailand since November 2002, with entertainment areas exempted. Cigarettes have graphic pictures since 2005, and advertising is banned. Enforcement and compliance have been strong.

On 10 January 2008, Thailand announced that smoking would be banned in restaurants, bars, and open-air markets effective 10 February 2008. In addition to fines, those who fail to comply may be arrested. Most legal bars comply with these regulations, but in establishments that operate illegally or semi-legally the bans are mostly disregarded.

Edited by Nisa

Crepes & Co. in Sukhumvit Soi in a nice tropical garden or their other branch in Thonglor Soi 8 with a terrace.......... a Bangkok dining landmark famous not only for their crepes and mediterranean food but also for their all day, every day breakfast / brunch

Unless their policy has changed since August, you can.