Employment Agencies In Thailand

Good morning!

I've read with interest the many posts on working in Thailand. Other than teaching English, for the most part the posts are discouraging. Nevertheless, one reply had www.jobsdb.com listed as a good site for jobs. But strangely there are few posts on employment agencies in Thailand, especially those targeting farangs.

Have people had any luck with employement agencies in Thailand?

What are some of the agencies available there?

Are there agencies targeting NGO's?

I've got considerable work experience in finance, operations, project and company management, software process/project management, technical communications and training, software programming.

Thank you for your insights and assistance!

I have spent a fair amount of time on Jobsdb.com. Even posted my resume and sent emails to a few of the listings. No responses. And most of what I have seen requires a knowledge of the local language and to be "in country". I have been browsing the Thai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japanese postings. Not encouraging at all....oh well, guess I will just have to live in the LOS, drink beer, and cruise the internet until I find a job. Sure hope that takes a long time!

• 4 months later...
I have spent a fair amount of time on Jobsdb.com. Even posted my resume and sent emails to a few of the listings. No responses. And most of what I have seen requires a knowledge of the local language and to be "in country". I have been browsing the Thai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japanese postings. Not encouraging at all....oh well, guess I will just have to live in the LOS, drink beer, and cruise the internet until I find a job. Sure hope that takes a long time!

It seems that teaching English is one of the very few jobs readily available to foreigners in Asia and Japan is no exception to this. The Japanese government protects underpay with a law that an English teacher under a full time contract must not be paid less than 250 000 Yen/month.

The market is flooded with teachers on JET schemes, those finding the position from their home country and many that have come here on their own to make it.

Still, you can find English teaching jobs in big cities like Nagoya, Osaka and Tokyo. I mention this as general information from what I've heard and can't say anymore than this as I'm not in this field.

I've yet to have a browse myself on Jobsdb.com.

From an employer's point of view, jobsdb.com is great (altough exensive) - you get 10 resumes or more a day. Huge traffic, good interface, and quite a reliable system. From the point of view of a job-seeker, it can make it difficult to compete.

In another site, jobbees.com, I got 1 resume in 10 days :o

Thaiitjobs.com supposed to be good as well.

Manpower made a good impression.

Edited by ~G~