90 Day Report In Chiang Mai

I have just completed my first 90 Day Report in Chiang Mai. Fast service and no problems although they do require two more passport copies than Pattaya. (1. Data page copy, same as Pattaya; 2. Extension of Stay copy; 3. Departure Card & last arrival into Thailand copy)

The biggest change was that my next 90 Day report is due on the day that my Extension of Stay expires, Feb 15. It should have expired in April, 90 days from today's renewal. In the past, both Bangkok and Pattaya kept the 90 Day report and Extension of Stay dates seperate.

Any way, we live and learn. FYI :)

Lance

When I do my 90 day report @ Chok Chai, no copies are required. They just inspect my passport.

They also brought my last 90 day report forward to coincide with the expiry of my current permission to stay. I think this is happening at a few offices now.

That's also what happened to me when I went to do my 90 day report which was a few weeks before my extension expired. They stamped it up to the date of extension expiration. However, it wasn't that bad as when I went to get my annual extension she re-stamped the 90 day receipt bringing it out to the date it would have normally been. So, no 2nd queue to to the 90 day report again.

Seems odd to me as the law states you have to report every 90 days not every arbitrary number of days based on extension expiration.

That's also what happened to me when I went to do my 90 day report which was a few weeks before my extension expired. They stamped it up to the date of extension expiration. However, it wasn't that bad as when I went to get my annual extension she re-stamped the 90 day receipt bringing it out to the date it would have normally been. So, no 2nd queue to to the 90 day report again.

Seems odd to me as the law states you have to report every 90 days not every arbitrary number of days based on extension expiration.

OK, sounds pain less enough. And, perhaps Immigration views it as an additional reminder to renew your extension on time :)

I think the issue might be, in THIS case the annual extension of stay was NOT processed in Chiang Mai. They didn't have a file on him. I don't even go in for my 90 day reports .. that is what having a staff is for ;)

I think the issue might be, in THIS case the annual extension of stay was NOT processed in Chiang Mai. They didn't have a file on him. I don't even go in for my 90 day reports .. that is what having a staff is for ;)

Don't believe that is it but a change in procedures. I've been getting annual extensions for work for 18 years in CM and this (my extension in October last year) was the first time a 90 day report was shortened to match the extension expiration. But as I mentioned, they used the same receipt and just re-stamped with the date it would have normally been and signed it - didn't have to actually fill out a new TM47.

Jomtien requires absolutely no copies of anything for 90 day reports. For a while they were asking for proof of residence for those, but not for a long time now.

Chiang Mai didn't either, not even the proof of residence, until a couple of years ago. Maybe it will drift down your way soon. :rolleyes:

It has regularly been shown that each station seems to have their own local policies on things which can be confusing for those moving between regions.

Don't believe that is it but a change in procedures. I've been getting annual extensions for work for 18 years in CM and this (my extension in October last year) was the first time a 90 day report was shortened to match the extension expiration. But as I mentioned, they used the same receipt and just re-stamped with the date it would have normally been and signed it - didn't have to actually fill out a new TM47.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean that Lancelot being asked for copies of things for his FIRST 90 day report on an extension given somewhere else.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean that Lancelot being asked for copies of things for his FIRST 90 day report on an extension given somewhere else.

From the OP.

(1. Data page copy, same as Pattaya; 2. Extension of Stay copy; 3. Departure Card & last arrival into Thailand copy)

This is the same as I have to supply for my 90 day reporting for the last year or two at CM immigration and is posted (or was) at the front window. On the same note posted it highlights that this is not a 90 day extension to stay - sounds like there has been confusion about that by some. :D

Perhaps it's the terms used above that is confusing - should be 1st page of passport (photo page), permission to stay stamp & 3rd should be arrival card as there would be no departure card.

From the OP.

(1. Data page copy, same as Pattaya; 2. Extension of Stay copy; 3. Departure Card & last arrival into Thailand copy)

This is the same as I have to supply for my 90 day reporting for the last year or two at CM immigration and is posted (or was) at the front window. On the same note posted it highlights that this is not a 90 day extension to stay - sounds like there has been confusion about that by some. :D

Perhaps it's the terms used above that is confusing - should be 1st page of passport (photo page), permission to stay stamp & 3rd should be arrival card as there would be no departure card.

I believe they are not allowed to stamp longer than the existing extension of law, as that could be misunderstood as another extension. The current government is all about getting the laws applied, and thaty is a good thing.

Good to hear that the form gets extended without further ado once the new extension of stay has been approved.

I haven't done a 90-day reporting for about 3 years now, as I am out of the country almost every month. But at that time, I needed no attachments to the form except maybe a picture. Those were Suan-Plu times, but it makes sense: You fill in your passport number, and all data (including passport copies) is there. Immigration offices in all provinces have access to the system. They just key in your passport number, and the TM card number (the part in your passport is indeed the departure card, not the arrival card) as well as visa number, length of permission to stay, etc - along with the picture taken at the airport at your arrival) is readily visible to them.

The idea is to allow you less visits and have renewal of extension the same visit as a 90 day reporting. With travel if often will not work out but the only extra work in that case is filling out a TM.47 (rather than having to make two close trips as has been the case).

Umm, if I am retired, how can I have a staff?!?

Wife or GF for you ?

Wife or GF for you ?

I'm single but, errr, I never thought of a wife or gf as staff. I think it's more the other way round, in that we are their staff 555 :D