Chalerm Backs Thaksin's Sister Yingluck For PM's Post

webfact

UPCOMING ELECTIONS

Chalerm backs Yingluck for PM's post

By Somroutai Sapsomboon

The Nation

Veteran politician predicts head-to-head battle between Thaksin's sister, Abhisit

Outspoken veteran politician Chalerm Yoobamrung is openly pushing former PM Thaksin Shinawatra's sister to become Thailand's first female prime minister, a source from the opposition Pheu Thai Party said.

"Only Yingluck Shinawatra can compete with Abihisit Vejjajeva," the source quoted Chalerm as saying.

Yingluck, 43, is Thaksin's youngest sister and she makes it a point to attend every Pheu Thai meeting.

The source said Thaksin's other sister, Yaowapa Wongsawat, met Chalerm on Thursday to discuss who would run under the party's banner in the next election.

Earlier, it was reported that many Pheu Thai MPs wanted Yingluck to hold the reigns as party leader instead of the incumbent leader Yongyut Wichaidit.

However, Chalerm believes that Yingluck should be the first candidate for

party-list MPs and Yongyuth should continue as party leader.

Chalerm also believes that campaigning for the next election would become easier if the candidate for the country's top job was Yingluck, the source said.

"Abhisit is handsome, Yingluck is beautiful. Abhisit was educated overseas, so was Yingluck. Abhisit has succeeded in politics, Yingluck has succeeded in business," Chalerm was quoted as saying.

However, Yingluck has not yet spoken publicly about Chalerm's plans for her.

A source close to Chalerm said Yaowapa had confirmed that the veteran politician would run as the second candidate for the party-list MP's post.

Yaowapa has also shown Chalerm a list of constituency MP candidates, which includes Chalerm's son, Wan, the source said. The source added that Chalerm wanted to take his son off the list and instead get him to enter the provincial political field in Kanchanaburi.

Earlier, Chalerm appeared disgruntled about the party's decision to not use Thaksin as a selling point for the party. He was also disappointed after the party, with Thaksin's support, decided to have Mingkwan Sangsuwan lead the upcoming censure debate.

Chalerm was also heard saying recently that he was thinking of setting up a new party, but wouldn't because he still respected and was friends with Thaksin.

Later, Chalerm told his aides that he would not set up a new party, but would instead "set up a faction" in Pheu Thai.

"Chalerm will use the headquarters of his old party, Muanchon, for a gathering of about 40 MPs every Wednesday from the first week of February," the source said.

Even though he was asked by Thaksin's sisters to join the censure debate, Chalerm has refused to take part. Instead, he says, he will attack the Abhisit government through a separate motion.

Another Pheu Thai source revealed that Thaksin's youngest daughter, Paetongtarn, ran into Wan last week, and allegedly asked him to tell his father to not quit the party.

"If Uncle Lerm [Chalerm] leaves the party, then what about my dad?" she was quoted as saying.

Meanwhile, Yaowapa and Yingluck sat in on a meeting of the Pheu Thai Party's strategy committee yesterday. Many key members who are still banned from politics were also in attendance, including Chaturon Chaisaeng, Noppadon Pattama, Pongthep Thepkanjana and Varathep Rattanakorn.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-01-29

"Abhisit is handsome, Yingluck is beautiful. Abhisit was educated overseas, so was Yingluck. Abhisit has succeeded in politics, Yingluck has succeeded in business," Chalerm was quoted as saying.

''Yingluks brother is a convicted criminal on the run, who financed an attempted revolution, is an accused terrorist and square headed meglomaniac, Abhisit's brother is not'' Time keeper was quoted as saying .

''Yingluks brother is a convicted criminal on the run, who financed an attempted revolution, is an accused terrorist and square headed megalomaniac, Abhisit's brother is not'' Time keeper was quoted as saying .

However, in Suranand, Abhisit does have a cousin, who is banned from politics... for being a member of the executive committee of Yingluck's brother's Thai Rak Thai Party.

The Ying and the Yang as it were.

The source said Thaksin's other sister, Yaowapa Wongsawat, met Chalerm on Thursday to discuss who would run under the party's banner in the next election.

Speaking of banned from politics for electoral fraud Thai Rak Thai Party, sister and former First Lady Yaowapa is also a banned member of that prestigious alumni.

[quote name='The OP'

]Yaowapa has also shown Chalerm a list of constituency MP candidates, which includes Chalerm's son, Wan

Yeah, let's get Mr. Happy Toilet, Wan, back into the spotlight. He's well qualified for PTP.

Edited by Buchholz

''Yingluks brother is a convicted criminal on the run, who financed an attempted revolution, is an accused terrorist and square headed meglomaniac, Abhisit's brother is not'' Time keeper was quoted as saying .

LOL biggrin.gif

B)

Hope this is not a stupid question...but...does Yingluck have any political background? Did Abhisit? So far, I think Abhisit is doing an OK job...given the mess he has inherited!

The lot of them wouldn't even make a half decent mayor in dog town.

555 You show great judgment and political nous. However this gang has all the makings of a top ranked Mafia family. Chalerm for consigliere?

I have stored away an extensive list of one liner put downs should you ever run out. :D

Edited by Bagwan

Hope this is not a stupid question...but...does Yingluck have any political background? Did Abhisit? So far, I think Abhisit is doing an OK job...given the mess he has inherited!

Abhisit was born in 1964, was elected to parliament at age 27 (1991), and became Democrat party leader in 2005.

I don't think Yingluck has ever been an MP. I would expect that she would be a CEO PM, like her brother.

Abhisit was born in 1964, was elected to parliament at age 27 (1991), and became Democrat party leader in 2005.

I don't think Yingluck has ever been an MP. I would expect that she would be a CEO PM, like her brother.

Yingluck has been elected President twice.

First as President of AIS, and second, as President of SC Asset.

As for public office, she's never been elected to any office, not even that of mayor of dog town.

Edited by Buchholz

Elected?

Whoops... upon further searching...

I need to modify my statement to:

Yingluck has self-anointed herself President once:

AIS to abolish president's post

Advanced Info Service will eliminate the president's position that is being vacated by Yingluck Shinawatra, the sister of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, according to a company source.

The source said the decision was made by the Singaporean state investment company Temasek Holdings after taking over AIS's parent company, Shin Corporation.

Ms Yingluck had been the president of AIS since the post was created five years ago on her initiative, the source said.

Edited by Buchholz

I actually haven't read the article; just the headline. I really don't want to waste my time on the views of Chalerm the barbarian. Or on banal tripe as this. It is of little consequence.

Nepotism will not serve this country. The Thaksin clan are not a political dynasty merely a one man phoenomena that has blown itself out in disgrace, prosecution and international arrest warrent.

As if weren't bad enough now there is the propect of his clone.

Democracy is fragile and these relics of all that is bad from Thailand's past still haunt the corridors of power [ well at least would wish to ] in their own interests. Those interests being the furthera rape of the country's assetts.

Fortunately, that is understood and opposed.

This is part of the process of self clensing that will take time. Thaksin, the removal of, being but one example. His kin are relatively docile, partly due to their lack of intellect or desire to serve the public . May be unlike Thaksin they realise enough is enough.

Whereas they may be happy with the 94 wrist watches clearly Thaksin is not. ironic really for a man who has so much time on his hands.

I feel no sympathy or interest for or in such cretinous beings.

Edited by housepainter

Why do we need someone for the PM post when we already have our dear leader k. Thaksin. He who can solve all our problems single handedly if only we would let him.

BREAKINGNEWS

Thaksin urges supporters to vote Pheu Thai to bring him home

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra Saturday urged his supporters to vote for the Pheu Thai in the next election so that he could return to Thailand to develop the country.

In a phone call to address his supporters at the Rong Dharma Samakkhi Temple in Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district, Thaksin claimed he had a fast-tract measure to develop Thailand and make the country prosper.

"But let me return to Thailand first. Most of all, please help the Pheu Thai win the election so that I can return to Thailand," Thaksin said.

His family held a merit making at the temple at 11 am.

Several former Cabinet members of the Pheu Thai and several Pheu Thai MPs also joined the ceremony along with over 2,000 supporters of the former prime minister.

The Nation

''Yingluks brother is a convicted criminal on the run, who financed an attempted revolution, is an accused terrorist and square headed megalomaniac, Abhisit's brother is not'' Time keeper was quoted as saying .

However, in Suranand, Abhisit does have a cousin, who is banned from politics... for being a member of the executive committee of Yingluck's brother's Thai Rak Thai Party.

The Ying and the Yang as it were.

Speaking of banned from politics for electoral fraud Thai Rak Thai Party, sister and former First Lady Yaowapa is also a banned member of that prestigious alumni.

[quote name='The OP'

]Yaowapa has also shown Chalerm a list of constituency MP candidates, which includes Chalerm's son, Wan

Yeah, let's get Mr. Happy Toilet, Wan, back into the spotlight. He's well qualified for PTP.

MP Happy Toilet?

more like needing lots of TP for happy toilet.

Rather than use the TP instead of napkins for dinner.

Abhisit actually took course that directly train him to be a head of state.

Yinglucks training is to be a CEO. Like her brother the former CEO of Thailand.

We know how well that worked.

Not to mentiuon lower age females must obey their much senior brothers,

so we know where Thaksin's hand will be placed when her mouth and eyes move.

Pretty is not a prerequisite for political office.

Yingluck has been elected President twice.

First as President of AIS, and second, as President of SC Asset.

As for public office, she's never been elected to any office, not even that of mayor of dog town.

That should read 'SELECTED', not elected.

Edited by animatic

Particularly if the prettiness abandoned them about 20 years ago...resulting in measurements that are all the same number

beautifulh.jpg

Well spotted, but I'm hoping it's down to barrel distortion of the camera lens.

Her so-called beauty is that she is khun sii khao... :whistling:

But Chalerm backing a younger female as PM candidate is so transparent that it is laughable.

She will have his hand up her behind and will do ANYTHING he commands.

So, Chalerm will be Thailand's god-father, *cough* excuse me, PM by proxy.

A prospect which just fills me with joy and optimism.

His evil family has only one interest:

Their own. Any challenger or perceived slight will be brutally dealt with.

Just like that cop... :ph34r:

If there is anyone that the PAD should target, it is him and his nest of evil.

It is people like Chalerm that destroy Thailand.

Her so-called beauty is that she is khun sii khao... :whistling:

But Chalerm backing a younger female as PM candidate is so transparent that it is laughable.

She will have his hand up her behind and will do ANYTHING he commands.

So, Chalerm will be Thailand's god-father, *cough* excuse me, PM by proxy.

A prospect which just fills me with joy and optimism.

His evil family has only one interest:

Their own. Any challenger or perceived slight will be brutally dealt with.

Just like that cop... :ph34r:

If there is anyone that the PAD should target, it is him and his nest of evil.

It is people like Chalerm that destroy Thailand.

Weird isn't it? Greed, astonishing greed. We get the same thing in the UK. I mean why is it some people aren't happy with a normal house, garden and a Honda Click? I mean I am. I never understand this.

Particularly if the prettiness abandoned them about 20 years ago...resulting in measurements that are all the same number

beautifulh.jpg

Well spotted, but I'm hoping it's down to barrel distortion of the camera lens.

Would that be:

Sized Colossal ASS etc.

Edited by animatic

Lighten up lads and lasses. This nonsense is part of the rich tapestry that is Thailand. If you want sense and sensibility go home - and be bored.

Interesting change of direction in career choice by Chalerm. One time thug, now stand up comic.