Jump to content

Non Imm "O" Visiting Family

Recommended Posts

I want to apply for the above visa. Im married to a thai. I read somewhere that I have to show 400,000 Baht in a THAI bank account OR an income of 40,000 baht a month. Thing is, my bank is in the states. Will a 90 day print out of my checking account work for that? Do I need a letter from my bank also? I also read that I need a letter from the embassy? What does it need to say? Im a little confused here and if anyone has a checklist or something, that would be great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no 40,000/400,000 requirement for applying for a Non Imm O Visa.

Those are the requirements for a 12 month extension of stay obtained from Immigration in Thailand.

Letter from Embassy verifying income.

Letter from Thai bank verifying balance.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to verify, I can enter thailand on a 30 day permission to stay, then go to Korat Immigration office and apply for a 12 month extention of stay? Will that enable me to enter and leave thailand as much as I want for a year? Can I put a car book in my name on that visa? Or should I get the non imm "O" visa?

Stuffs kinda complicated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need a Non Imm Visa to start the ball rolling. It is possible to do it with a Tourist Visa or 30 day stamp but is a lot simpler with a Non Imm.

Starting with a Tourist Visa or a 30 day stamp means that you convert it to a Non Imm Visa at Immigration. 2,000 Baht and may involve a trip to Bangkok to do it.

If using money in the bank it has to be there at least 2 months before applying.

It is not a Visa . It is an extension of your permission to stay.

If you want to leave Thailand you need a Re Entry Permit from Immigration.


12 month extension application. 1,900 Baht.

Re Entry Permit. Single 1,000 Baht. Multi 3,800 Baht.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify.

If you opt for the money in bank option the money must be transferred to bank account in Thailand.

The bank account must be in your name only, no joint account.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So a Non Imm "O" Visa will enable me to Put green books/car books in my name, get a thai drivers liscence, all that stuff? Then all I have to do is report to my nearest immigration office and report every 90 days? I can still cone and go out of thailand as much as I want Right?

And the 1 year extention of stay means that I can stay for a whole year and NOT leave thailand, but if I leave I have to get a reentry permit?

Am I understanding this right? I work offshore 30/30 so I need freedom to travel all the time. I think The non imm "O" will be best.

All banking information can be from the states, in english, and just printed out a day or 2 before I apply? Any other things I might need, like, letter from bank, or letter from embassy?

Any opinions?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, with a multiple entry non-O you must leave the country every 90 days, no reporting to immigrations.

With extension of stay you must report to immigrations every 90 days and have to have a re-entry permit when leaving the county.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa means you can come and go as you please. Each entry has a maximum of 90 days. You do not report to Immigration. You can apply for a driving licence etc. You apply at a Thai Consulate outside Thailand.

A twelve month extension means you do not have to leave but if you want to you need a re entry permit. Report to Immigration if you are in Thailand more than 90 days.

If applying for the extension you need a letter from your Embassy as proof of income if going down that route. Or a letter from a Thai bank if using that method. Apply at Immigration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...