Stat Dec For Thai Marriage? Help Needed

westozzie

Hello all I was wondering if anyone had a link to a Stat Dec apparently I need one sighted & stamped by the OZ embassy and then translated to Thai apparantly.

Can you get them at the embassy does anyone know? Do I need a WA one or a Commonwealth one? If anyone has been through this process I would be grateful for some assistance!

Apparently i am supposed to state I have never been married and supply evidence but I contacted births,deaths and marriages in Perth and they said there is no such verification they can supply!Only if I have been married before.So I have been led it believe i need a Stat Dec stating I have never been married is this true?

I wouldnt have the foggiest what to put on this or what to do as this is my first marriage and seems a very strange process to go through as the only paper work I have is a Thai paper from her district stating that she is free to marry me.

Appreciate any advice here!

[email protected]

Kindest Regards,

Lee

Hello all I was wondering if anyone had a link to a Stat Dec apparently I need one sighted & stamped by the OZ embassy and then translated to Thai apparantly.

Can you get them at the embassy does anyone know? Do I need a WA one or a Commonwealth one? If anyone has been through this process I would be grateful for some assistance!

Apparently i am supposed to state I have never been married and supply evidence but I contacted births,deaths and marriages in Perth and they said there is no such verification they can supply!Only if I have been married before.So I have been led it believe i need a Stat Dec stating I have never been married is this true?

I wouldnt have the foggiest what to put on this or what to do as this is my first marriage and seems a very strange process to go through as the only paper work I have is a Thai paper from her district stating that she is free to marry me.

Appreciate any advice here!

[email protected]

Kindest Regards,

Lee

Try to go in on the australian embassys homepage in bangkok. Im married 2 times with no problem relax.

Basically you need your countries equivalent of the same paper she has , stating that you are free to get married.

Then get it translated and stamped...and you are ready to get married at the Ampur office of your choice.... :o

Go to your Embassy and fill out the required form (it does not seem to be available on the web) and they will sign it. I don't know if the Embassy has any paperwork requirement from Oz but I would think saying you are single would be all that would be required. You then have it translated by an official translation agency and registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to make it a legal document. When that is done you take it to the District Office you want to register at.

westozzie, in the chat I got the impression you were already married in Thailand?

If that is not the case and you want to get married here, go to the aussie embassy and they have the form there, fill it out, then head off to a translation service. For an extra fee they can translate it and get it certified within the hour, then off to the amphur.

When we married the whole process only took about 4 hours and cost something 7k baht.

Easy mate.

There is heaps more info here if you do a search.

Otherwise keep asking.

Cheers

westozzie, in the chat I got the impression you were already married in Thailand?

If that is not the case and you want to get married here, go to the aussie embassy and they have the form there, fill it out, then head off to a translation service. For an extra fee they can translate it and get it certified within the hour, then off to the amphur.

When we married the whole process only took about 4 hours and cost something 7k baht.

Easy mate.

There is heaps more info here if you do a search.

Otherwise keep asking.

Cheers

Mate I married last year in Sarburi did the buddha married the whole lot but I want to make it legal or my MRS does for that fact. I have her paper but I need a Stat Dec I believe witnessed at the embassy and then translated but I was wondering if anyone on here had one hanging around a blank Stat Dec they could email me so I can start the process..

Cheers!