Falangs In Nakon Sawan?

Nepal4me

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geesh!!! Why don't you tell us what you really think? (Oh, for the pristine air of sparkling Bangkok.)

A bit tongue cheek, but the traffic bit's fume's ect, were spot on, several shot's of bus station, never saw one farang but all the Thai's had thing's over there mouth's. Just used my imagination with the open air restaurant's. As you can see I dont like the place. The OP did say he was thinking of moving there. Should see both side's of the story.

Geesh!!! Why don't you tell us what you really think? (Oh, for the pristine air of sparkling Bangkok.)

A bit tongue cheek, but the traffic bit's fume's ect, were spot on, several shot's of bus station, never saw one farang but all the Thai's had thing's over there mouth's. Just used my imagination with the open air restaurant's. As you can see I dont like the place. The OP did say he was thinking of moving there. Should see both side's of the story.

Nakhon Sawan is terrible. I would highly recommend that no round eyes move here.....

I do live there, but not in the town. Great place. Best food in Thailand, enough night life if your into that. Interesting area that you need to explore from local knowledge. Usual range of shops. Very central for travel. Some of the best National parks for hiking,camping, kayaking etc, but known mainly to locals. Not many tourists.Great for cyclists. Many Thai /Chinese business families- educated, smart, and friendly.Wouldn't live anywhere else. Excellent schools, 4 private hospitals. 4 Universities. Not so many farlang. Welcome.

Just been looking at a Thai program, Spring News, live 12/4/11 yes I know it's holiday time But the traffic in N/S is now, what's the word, are I know horrendous, with fume level's at crisis point, level 7 top of the gauge. And you want to live there!!!!!!! May I suggest that it's a great idea if you want to knock 10/15 year's off your life. Good job there's load's of Hospital's there. I can taste the GREAT food now, Diesel Fish, Exhaust Chicken, oh must not forget the Petrol Pork, and the Fume Veg I think that's the local delicacy, last but not least oiled Rice. Now dont forget you lot that live there you ENJOY. Oh just a thought if you want to get some more Sh/t in your lung's do a bit of hiking at one of their crap free, "Choke, Choke, Cough, Cough" N/Park's. Now you know why there's not to many Farang's there. The long timer's read 5 year's are all DEAD.

Same everywhere in Thailand at festival time, we stocked up before kick off time, now i HOPE ITS ALL OVER!

Those things that cover the mouth and nose do nowt and if they did they are suppossed to be changed every 2 hours, do you really think, Nakhon Sawan is worse in that respect to other places here? Maybe the if the government introduced an MOT test, make the engines or the road run cleaner and more efficiently that would help all and save fuel,but I think Thais think the fumes only effect Farang( and we dont allow them use mouth/nose filters).

PS MOT is the Ministry of Transport test in the UK which gives you a certificate to say your vehicle is safe to use on the roads. I will say no more.

Those things that cover the mouth and nose do nowt and if they did they are suppossed to be changed every 2 hours, do you really think, Nakhon Sawan is worse in that respect to other places here? Maybe the if the government introduced an MOT test, make the engines or the road run cleaner and more efficiently that would help all and save fuel,but I think Thais think the fumes only effect Farang( and we dont allow them use mouth/nose filters).

PS MOT is the Ministry of Transport test in the UK which gives you a certificate to say your vehicle is safe to use on the roads. I will say no more.

They do have an MOT of sort's here I think it kick's in at 4 year's. While I was getting the car taxed "Same place" last year saw several car's having it done. One a Merc, while on the rolling road they applied the brake's and only one of the front wheel stopped, no problem Two hundred bt sorted that. Same thing with the exhaust emission. Not one out of about 5 I saw being done failed. Good game A. As far as fume's in N/S just go there any day open the window of the car and take a sniff. Or just go to Big C's car park. Delish. Rose's I can envisage it now.There are load's of place's that are not to bad fume wise N/S at time's "most time's" is no better than BKK. Edited by fredob43

I hate NS ,but have to visit there around once a year because some of the TWs family live 14 klm outside it.

The TWs family live by the river and its full of mossies so we stay in town .

Its a very nice feeling driving out of it . :whistling:

Edited by Thaifan2

• 3 weeks later...

I hate NS ,but have to visit there around once a year because some of the TWs family live 14 klm outside it.

The TWs family live by the river and its full of mossies so we stay in town .

Its a very nice feeling driving out of it . :whistling:

My girlfriends family hail from Nakhonsawan too. I visit there at times and quite like it. Very friendly people in the main. Police have never been a problem either. I have to admit it seems about the hottest place in Thailand.

They do have some very beautiful women there and it is a shame to take the road out - sometimes :rolleyes::whistling:

It was built to spoil a clear run from Bkk,to C.M.,a fly over the boring place would be great.. Traffic is awful.:realangry:

There is a bypass road coming up from BKK which cuts off the whole city if you are heading to CM.

• 1 month later...

I lived in the Nakhon Sawan area going on my 6th year now and greatly enjoy it, friendly people good food,big stores for shopping all the comforts of home.

I live in a village outside of Nakhon Sawan and I am the only resident falang, I see some falangs around Nakhon Sawan, but I much prefer to keep to myself and my Thai friend and family.

Have access to satellite TV and INTERNET service, which I consider over priced but is a necessity for me in my village. I have a daughter that goes to the University in Nakhon Sawan, I buy my medication there also, get my blood checked monthly at a blood clinic for 100 baht, a complete blood test for less then 500 baht and a print out of the results and a doctor to explain the results to you if you have any question.

Good food , good friends, falangs that respect your desire for privacy, I have found it a great place to live.

I fits mine and my family's needs, I do not like Bangkok, for all the noise , smog that make breathing hard for me, I only go there when I need to visit the Embassy.

Edited by kikoman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kikoman,I agree with you. There's nothing particularly special, but there's a pleasant tone to the place, particularly out of the city itself. Without invading your desire for privacy, we should catch up for a quite beer or whisky one day. I currently live and work in Bangkok, but my partner's family is there and we are currently building a house on the edge of Nong Pling. I have my eye out for 30 or 40 rai of farmland and I can see a quiet early retirement there. I don't need an expat community, I'd rather blend in to the local community as best I can.I am up there probably two weekends out of four. House is probably 2 months away from being finished.PM me if you're interested in catching up one day.Tim.

Hi Kikoman,I agree with you. There's nothing particularly special, but there's a pleasant tone to the place, particularly out of the city itself. Without invading your desire for privacy, we should catch up for a quite beer or whisky one day. I currently live and work in Bangkok, but my partner's family is there and we are currently building a house on the edge of Nong Pling. I have my eye out for 30 or 40 rai of farmland and I can see a quiet early retirement there. I don't need an expat community, I'd rather blend in to the local community as best I can.I am up there probably two weekends out of four. House is probably 2 months away from being finished.PM me if you're interested in catching up one day.Tim.

I also agree I have been in the area for two years and I'm very happy

I live just out of town and I believe i'm the only one here.

Last year I lived in Nakhon sawan town and enjoyed it alot good food good music bars and places

to watch football.I travel to bkk once a month to get my football(rugby) and english music fix.

All and all a good spot to live

Hi Timthai

I am about 80km north of Kikoman and I just looked up Nong Pling and the one I have found is in Khampaeng Phet.

Is that the same one?

I live 65km south west of KP at Klong Lan.

• 2 weeks later...
<br />
<br />Hi Kikoman,I agree with you.  There's nothing particularly special, but there's a pleasant tone to the place, particularly out of the city itself.  Without invading your desire for privacy, we should catch up for a quite beer or whisky one day.  I currently live and work in Bangkok, but my partner's family is there and we are currently building a house on the edge of Nong Pling.  I have my eye out for 30 or 40 rai of farmland and I can see a quiet early retirement there.  I don't need an expat community, I'd rather blend in to the local community as best I can.I am up there probably two weekends out of four.  House is probably 2 months away from being finished.PM me if you're interested in catching up one day.Tim.<br />
<br />Hi Timthai<br />I am about 80km north of Kikoman and I just looked up Nong Pling and the one I have found is in Khampaeng Phet. <br /><br />Is that the same one?<br /><br />I live 65km south west of KP at Klong Lan.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hi,

No. It's just a few km out of NS, turning right near the airport.

Tim.

<br />
<br />Hi Kikoman,I agree with you.  There's nothing particularly special, but there's a pleasant tone to the place, particularly out of the city itself.  Without invading your desire for privacy, we should catch up for a quite beer or whisky one day.  I currently live and work in Bangkok, but my partner's family is there and we are currently building a house on the edge of Nong Pling.  I have my eye out for 30 or 40 rai of farmland and I can see a quiet early retirement there.  I don't need an expat community, I'd rather blend in to the local community as best I can.I am up there probably two weekends out of four.  House is probably 2 months away from being finished.PM me if you're interested in catching up one day.Tim.<br />
<br />Hi Timthai<br />I am about 80km north of Kikoman and I just looked up Nong Pling and the one I have found is in Khampaeng Phet. <br /><br />Is that the same one?<br /><br />I live 65km south west of KP at Klong Lan.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hi,

No. It's just a few km out of NS, turning right near the airport.

Tim.

Ah, he said, That Nong Pling.

I found it after you mentioned NakWan International airport.

• 2 months later...

>>hey do have some very beautiful women there and it is a shame to take the road out - sometimes :rolleyes::whistling: <<

Any Go ,Gos ,or Soapy or BJ bars ? :whistling:

There is a soapy and b/j bars and a few hidden specials in town ask around the bars near the park

Hmmm, never knew that. But it is a very small town, caution advised unless you're solo or have a very tolerant misses and/or boss.

Further to earlier posts I've been there on and off for over 10 years and find it a very pleasant place, as long as you like small Thai towns. Population about 100,000, more and more farangs about all the time but still not exactly mobbing the place. And not enough (last time I was there) to support a farang pub, though there is a bar/caff in the centre somewhere, frequented by the teaching community.

nakwan's got an airport.....blimey B)

THere are no scheduled flights, the runway is to short. Used mainly for surveys and that sort of thing from what I can gather. Some say it is Thailands answer to AREA 51 in the USA, got some aliens there from Burma and Cambodia :blink:

>>hey do have some very beautiful women there and it is a shame to take the road out - sometimes :rolleyes::whistling: <<

Any Go ,Gos ,or Soapy or BJ bars ? :whistling:

There is a soapy and b/j bars and a few hidden specials in town ask around the bars near the park

Hmmm, never knew that. But it is a very small town, caution advised unless you're solo or have a very tolerant misses and/or boss.

Further to earlier posts I've been there on and off for over 10 years and find it a very pleasant place, as long as you like small Thai towns. Population about 100,000, more and more farangs about all the time but still not exactly mobbing the place. And not enough (last time I was there) to support a farang pub, though there is a bar/caff in the centre somewhere, frequented by the teaching community.

I met one last week, 2 weeks left on a tourist visa and 800bts left, no return ticket, any wonder we get a bad name, I hope he does not find that bar/cafe and spoil your day.

• 3 months later...

Malted Barley? You are thinking of home brewing perhaps? Not sure if its allowed, but I suspect lots do it on quiet. In the UK I would go to Boots but have not seen it on thr shelves here and if you ask, I suspect it will be "no have." even though they have no idea what you are asking for, its easiest to do that. Maybe you could try writing to Boots head Office in Thailand see what response you get or, you have to be lucky and find a Thai who speaks English and understands what it is you are looking for. When I am in a pharamacy I will look for you, you might try the BKK or Pattaya forums with more "tourists" there you may find it easier to find.

Malted Barley? You are thinking of home brewing perhaps? Not sure if its allowed, but I suspect lots do it on quiet. In the UK I would go to Boots but have not seen it on thr shelves here and if you ask, I suspect it will be "no have." even though they have no idea what you are asking for, its easiest to do that. Maybe you could try writing to Boots head Office in Thailand see what response you get or, you have to be lucky and find a Thai who speaks English and understands what it is you are looking for. When I am in a pharamacy I will look for you, you might try the BKK or Pattaya forums with more "tourists" there you may find it easier to find.

Thanks Exeter. Everyone has to have a hobby, mine is baking..yeh, lets just call it that. licklips.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is intrested about local football, there is U19 game today on stadium, 6PM. Nakhon Sawan FC U19 won Northern Region Championship before,(beat Kamphaengphet 1-0 et)and now they are in final 8 in Thailand. Today 1st leg against Suphanburi home, saturday 2nd leg away. Winner goes to semifinal.

And if You don't know, we have two teams in Regional League, Nakhon Sawan FC and Paknampho NSRU FC, next season starts 17-18 February. Season schedule  should be out today

Edited by hullupullo

If anyone is intrested about local football, there is U19 game today on stadium, 6PM. Nakhon Sawan FC U19 won Northern Region Championship before,(beat Kamphaengphet 1-0 et)and now they are in final 8 in Thailand. Today 1st leg against Suphanburi home, saturday 2nd leg away. Winner goes to semifinal.

And if You don't know, we have two teams in Regional League, Nakhon Sawan FC and Paknampho NSRU FC, next season starts 17-18 February. Season schedule should be out today

Beat KPP eh. I did not know they had any under 19's there, I thought everyone was over 60. Good news for the locals well done!

• 3 weeks later...

Football, regional league started yesterday. Lamphun Warriors - Paknampho NSRU FC 0-0, game was live on SMM TV.  Even Thailand national team coach Winnie Schäfer was there.

Today Nakhon Sawan FC meets Phitsanulok FC, kick off 16.00 but they play this and next 2 home game in Lat Yao, there is some repairing need to be done in main stadium.

Fixtures and lots of more about thai football here

http://www.thai-fuss...th-item-81.html

And if you want see Thai Premier League live, not just in truevisionstv, Chainat FC got promoted for this year. TPL will start next month, fixtures again from site above.