Thai Internet Banking That Lets You Transfer Money Between Your Accounts

My wife would prefer to have more than one bank account but at the same bank so that if one card is accessed illegally they will only get the funds from that card. does anyone know which banks have internet banking that allows you to make these transfers: account to account ONLINE as opposed to at a banking station?

Indeed, BKK Bank also allows, through its online banking, online transfers to a person's other accounts with the bank and to accounts at other Thai banks, whether they belong to you or others... The setting up of the link will involve the bank sending a one time password to your (the account holder's) mobile phone number on file with your account. Of course, as with almost everything involving Thai banks, there is a fee for those transfers to external accounts.

You'd have to check with the individual bank you have in mind, as to their fees... They vary by the amount being transferred, whether the destination is in the same area or different area from the sending account, whether you're sending within the same bank or from one bank to another, etc etc...

As to doing it overseas -- once you've set up the link to the other recipient account in your sending account's online banking system, including getting the OTP on a Thailand mobile number in the case of BKK Bank -- I believe you can sign on to Internet banking and conduct any banking business online from any location inside or outside of Thailand.

BKK Bank uses the OTP method to your Thai mobile number every time you want to link to a new account. Other Thai banks may have different methods for accomplishing the same setup.

UOB provides online banking with transfer to other UOB accounts for free and to other banks for THB25 per time. You are required to register, and obtain either a security device that issues a random PIN or you can have the PIN sent by SMS to your mobile.

Edited by samtam

Both BKK Bank and Siam Commercial Bank have fairly robust bill pay components as part of their online banking....

Depending on the payee, there's often a 10 baht or so per bill paid service fee...

And not all common payees are available thru each of the banks....

What about bill pay like water, electric ...

With the exception of the water bill, I pay all my monthy utility bills such as television, internet, landlane, cell phone post pay, etc., via Bangkok Bank online banking. Since the water company don't provide a bill with the required information to accomplish an online payment nor are listed in Bangkok Bank's billpayment system, I pay that bill at 7-11, Lotus, etc.

Edited by Pib