How To Get Out Of A Situation

rideswings

When our tenants are behind on rent we simply lock down the house or building. Say you'll store their belongings for 'free' for XX days and then after that will discard them.

A bit more difficult with land. That's when you have to Chuwit them.

:)

Maybe the OP doesn't have any friends in the army engineering corps.

I still think it was a bit extreme converting the building into parkland, and while the park is much appreciated, it did inconvenience me, and made me regret losing my phone

SC

Yeah, I meant just moving them out by force (and by force meaning simply firmly showing them off the property, not injuring them), not necessarily using army friends or building a public park there afterwards. Just several friends should be enough. You only have to move a few people off your property and into the street and then padlock your property.

That seems a bit half-hearted to me. Surely he should go the whole hog, and at least take a sledge-hammer to the property and make a start on demolishing it. Or put up posters of himself with a sledge-hammer...

Perhaps he could do a house-swap with OnNut...

Personally, if I was in that situation, I'd be tempted to have strong words with my managing agent...

SC

I think playing this at around 100 decibels would do the trick better than a cigar smoker.

La donna e mobile

Qual piuma al vento

Muta d'accento

E di pensiero

Great idea! Maybe I can rent out one of the other bedrooms. I will make sure I find someone who drinks alot of beer and smokes cigars. Thats better than an eviction notice.

Maybe thats why the poster wants the person out .

Something that will help more then smoking, let the 'someone' play Pavarotti very often and quite loud, locals scare the shti out of them when hearing Pavarotti, really. :D

Oefff.... she will be glad to leave !

luciano+pavarotti_855_18275097_0_0_7004927_300.jpg

Thanks Laughing Man... this is the answer I have really been looking for. The house is not in a moo ban with security, but has a wall around it. Maybe I can hire a police person to watch over it until I get back.

Sorry, there nothing you can do.

Consider she will live there as long as your gone, and will take everything possible when she leaves.

Sorry.I'm sure thats not what you wanted to hear.

This is the correct answer. Your only choice is to fly here and do it all yourself.

There is another possibility if you have a usefruct giving you legal control over it and she does not have a lease. If both of these criteria are true, then you could hire a lawyer over the internet to legally file a complaint with the police that there is someone in your house that you do not want to be there. Doesn't really matter how they/he/she got in. They can force her to leave. And then your lawyer can change the locks for you. I have seen this done.

Is that practical and/or affordable from where ever you are? Can't say; that is up to you, but it is definitely possible. But my point is you may have some legal rights and protection. And if the house is in a Moo Baan with security, you can instruct them to not let any of your belongings be moved out. They would (or should) know when any moving van goes to that address.

S

Thanks Laughing Man... this is the answer I have really been looking for. The house is not in a moo ban with security, but has a wall around it. Maybe I can hire a police person to watch over it until I get back.

Sorry, there nothing you can do.

Consider she will live there as long as your gone, and will take everything possible when she leaves.

Sorry.I'm sure thats not what you wanted to hear.

This is the correct answer. Your only choice is to fly here and do it all yourself.

There is another possibility if you have a usefruct giving you legal control over it and she does not have a lease. If both of these criteria are true, then you could hire a lawyer over the internet to legally file a complaint with the police that there is someone in your house that you do not want to be there. Doesn't really matter how they/he/she got in. They can force her to leave. And then your lawyer can change the locks for you. I have seen this done.

Is that practical and/or affordable from where ever you are? Can't say; that is up to you, but it is definitely possible. But my point is you may have some legal rights and protection. And if the house is in a Moo Baan with security, you can instruct them to not let any of your belongings be moved out. They would (or should) know when any moving van goes to that address.

S

I'm sat here listening to a Hull KR Hull FC derby game in which I really have no interest, and so have nothing better to do than cause mischief on the internet

But I am going to lend my support to the chap with the Chuwit suggestion....

Have the house demolished by gangsters / armed forces personnel and convert it to parkland. It will earn you merit in heaven in the long run

SC

When our tenants are behind on rent we simply lock down the house or building. Say you'll store their belongings for 'free' for XX days and then after that will discard them.

I still think it was a bit extreme converting the building into parkland, and while the park is much appreciated, it did inconvenience me, and made me regret losing my phone

SC

Yeah, I meant just moving them out by force (and by force meaning simply firmly showing them off the property, not injuring them), not necessarily using army friends or building a public park there afterwards. Just several friends should be enough. You only have to move a few people off your property and into the street and then padlock your property.

That seems a bit half-hearted to me. Surely he should go the whole hog, and at least take a sledge-hammer to the property and make a start on demolishing it. Or put up posters of himself with a sledge-hammer...

Perhaps he could do a house-swap with OnNut...

Personally, if I was in that situation, I'd be tempted to have strong words with my managing agent...

SC

:lol:

If you had tenants that wouldn't move out you'd start destroying your property to 'show them?'

But I am going to lend my support to the chap with the Chuwit suggestion....

Have the house demolished by gangsters / armed forces personnel and convert it to parkland. It will earn you merit in heaven in the long run

What it more importantly does is solve one's problems with a particular piece of property while still keeping intact (and appreciating in value) for the next generation. It's the Childhood's End (Arthur C. Clarke) solution. There's no reason why it can't be brought back into commercial play by n'Ta (Chuwit's daughter) in 15-20 years (or sooner).

If you had tenants that wouldn't move out you'd start destroying your property to 'show them?'

And pose on posters with a sledgehammer.

Correct. And not just start. In an overnight half-shift, any single domestic dwelling ought to be easily removable, with the correct plant and equipment.

And as soon as the rubble was cleared, I'd turn the land over to public parkland, for the benefit of courting couples.

Surely any sane man would do the same?

It was your suggestion in the first place - or did you mean buy them a suitcase full of rolexes?

SC

SC

parkland my ass, the gates are locked from 10am to 4:30 pm daily. I walk past it with my child on the way back from school everyday and she asks me why we cant go in. The place is accessible to the public fro about an hour and a half a day.

Edited by nocturn

And pose on posters with a sledgehammer.

Correct. And not just start. In an overnight half-shift, any single domestic dwelling ought to be easily removable, with the correct plant and equipment.

And as soon as the rubble was cleared, I'd turn the land over to public parkland, for the benefit of courting couples.

Surely any sane man would do the same?

It was your suggestion in the first place - or did you mean buy them a suitcase full of rolexes?

SC

That'd be cute. A mini park. Maybe with a single swing, slide, and 4 person park bench. Minimalist.

SC

parkland my ass, the gates are locked from 10am to 4:30 pm daily. I walk past it with my child on the way back from school everyday and she asks me why we cant go in. The place is accessible to the public fro about an hour and a half a day.

I've not been in since it was After Work, which was before the army got there... It does look nice now, though.

Maybe you'll need to visit one of his other properties. Possibly not with your daughter...

SC