Best Computer Prices In Cmai

jayinoz

Having a bit of a look around I find an incredible difference in Computer prices even using the same parts...

Eg. Core Intel i7 chip set 2600, can range from 9000bt to 12000bt for the chip set alone.

Anyone recommend an area in CMai that is generally the lowest prices on most NEW parts with warrantee???

Gone to approx. 6 stores in pantip plaza to find some are good on prices on Memory and chipset whilst higher on others. Seeing near half the clients in Pantip Plaza yesterday seemed to be Farang I gather we do see some Farang pricing coming into play if you do not know what you are looking at- IMO.

Naturally would prefer the Servers be made all in the one place for warrantee purposes. Could not find ANY server rackes- any computer geeks in the know Lol, as me, would love to here from you. PM me or post to public either way.

Also the rates seem exceedingly high compared to BKK- IMO. Gather most shipped either from China or BKK and go via BKK port if not by land.

Thanks for any help. Cheers JAY

The computer centre at the top of Chiang Puak road on the left (Think it's called C.M or something) is where most of the Thai's go for cheap parts. D-Dynamite plus on the second floor is always super busy and seem to have the best prices.

GUANO

Farang prices? All the shops that build bespoke systems have detailed price lists.

There's some benefit in letting a shop build it to spec, because if something breaks there's no doubt as to who's responsibility it is. So I would find a shop that has most of the components you want, and then let them build it.

or go the other way: take some of the systems they offer, and then ask for upgrades on specific parts.

You can do quite a bit of leg work to save a minor amount of money IMHO.. I'd just pick a shop that's reasonable and professional.

I've found that the J.I.B. shops has the best prices for computer components in town. They have a shop in a computer plaza that is near the CM Ram corner on Manee Nopparat road(the north side of the moat), another one in Computer Square, next door to Icon Square on the same road. They also have another one in a computer mall off of the Chang Puak/Super highway intersection. All are great places to shop for a computer geek like me.

Edited by prism