Jungceylon "Boulevard": Shame Of Patong

cekipa

No it is not. I wasn't living in Patong way back in the early 90's, but I remember what it was like back then with the idling buses on Bangla etc.

Seems you have a faulty memory. Bangla was never on the public bus route, even back then.

My first trip to Bangla came via a minibus freebie from the Dusit Laguna. As I recall, the buses were parked all along Bangla waiting for the hotel guests to wander back. There were also a couple big passenger buses parked at the lower end of Bangla. Traffic ran both ways and the air was choked with diesel and petrol fumes. The sidewalks were broken and packed with people. I even recall having a beer in a bar waiting for my minibus and having a bargirl asking me if I would come back the next night. I said sure, so she said, ok, you give me your watch and you come get tomorrow. Ouch, I thought, these dames bite. I never went back to Patong for several years after that. I think I paid 50 baht for a beer too.

I don't remember the buses in Bangla either - you wouldn't have any old snaps lying around that you could post (purely out of interest)?

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a thread about old Patong (and other areas of the island) photos. Unfortunately, most (if not all) of my old standard camera photos dating back to the 80s have been lost, otherwise I would start a new thread myself. Perhaps someone else can take up the reins?