Blatant Scam Advertisments On Pattaya Tv

Jimmyd

I just saw two disturbing advertisements on one of the local channels (I can never keep straight which is which). This ad offered a 100% risk-free investment with an income of 700,000 baht a month selling products to Big C or something like that. Why would this channel accept such blatantly false advertising?

The second advertisement is for that weird new travel marketing scam on Walking Street. They say that they give 50 free tickets a day to tourists, round trip to their home countries if they spin a wheel. At the very end they say quietly "restrictions obviously apply." Well, I'm sorry, if they are giving 50 free return tickets to people's home countries a day, I'll eat my hat. Has this channel lost it's marbles (assuming it ever had any) accepting such sophistry? Slimy, scummy crooks I say.

Edited by Jimmyd

These TV channels accept money.<BR><BR>You pay 'em and you can also say what you will.<BR>There's an ad for the 'only' chippy in Pattaya then a few minutes later a completely different ad for a different one.<BR>HM is there to make money and boost his ego. TIT

they probably view them with the same cynasicim, as we do and think no-one will be stupid enough to be taken in by it, so thy think lets just take their money

i am in favor of it

the sooner they run out of money to promote it, the sooner the scam will stop

scammers being scammed, i like it........

Whilst the OP has not named the station or adverts it would not be hard to find what he is referring to so in order to keep the OP out of court I will close the thread.

It should be noted that under Thai Law if a party can prove they have lost revenue because of a slur they can take that person to court, does not matter if the accusation is false or true they can still win a case.

//CLOSED//