To Get From Lanta To Bkk

Amapola

hi everyone

I need to get from Lanta to BKK - the best option will be to leave Lanta in the afternoon and arrive to BKK next morning (by bus). Can anyone advise where can I buy a combo ticket (boat Lanta-Krabi, bus Krabi - BKK) on the island? I`ve asked at one of the numerous travel agencies - but the option they offered is like 24 hours trip!

has anyone get experience with that?

Hi Again,

have you been to the travel people right in Saladan town across from the Police Box? They also have internet terminals for use? They have all kinds of travel deals there.

You may need to bust up the combo yourself, get the boat to Phuket and then get from Phuket bus station to BKK. Best of luck !

The OP specifically asks for boat and bus info and two posters reply she should fly..............

Do I agree, yes, is it what the poster was after, no.

And the OP specifically made reference to how long the ferry/bus trip would take.We were just pointing out a quicker method.

I am always constantly amazed at the lack of travel the TV crowd does - or doesn't do. Especially if it does not involve a plane.

Best way is to take a mb to Trang. They will drop you by the train station most likely. You should have already booked your return train ticket - so jump aboard. If you did not book your ticket, you can take what is available although you may have to wait a day or even two. Barring that, jump on the back of an overpriced moto and head for the NEW bus station. Make sure you arrive early enough to get a ticket to BKK. If you are too fat to ride on the back of a moto or are 1+ you can grab a taxi. They are wedged next to the coffee shop and the train station.

For the record, Lanta is not my favorite island by a long shot. But good luck with that...

Never buy a combo ticket. In fact, booking transport advance is usually perilous. Always buy direct from operators and never from agents. You can see what you are getting and if there are issues, they will sort them out. Agents will just tell you to ___ off usually. If you book ahead and you miss your scheduled departure, there is no refund. Even if you do get a seat - you often get the worst seat and if any sort of lift to the transport is "included" in your overpriced ticket, you are often last to arrive and may have issues getting luggage aboard.

Edited by bangkokburning

The OP specifically asks for boat and bus info and two posters reply she should fly..............

Do I agree, yes, is it what the poster was after, no.

And the OP specifically made reference to how long the ferry/bus trip would take.We were just pointing out a quicker method.

anyway thanks, I`ve already got a ticket (boat+bus) time consuming but cheap)

PS: travel agencies will never advise anything if they cannot sell it. so if there are numerous options for <24 hours, they will "not know". In fact, some agencies will actually tell you that you cannot do it or go to x place if they cannot get a piece of it.

Anything not involving a flight will be about 24 hours door to door. Long haul buses always start running after 1800hrs. You want to go to an ISLAND in TRANG province which is a very long way from Bangkok. Why not spend that time sleeping on a train instead of in a cramped bus?

Next time try thorn tree, people there actually travel.

Edited by bangkokburning