Rubber Farm Fertiliser

WHITESAND

We have 78 rai of rubber near Ubon over 8 years old, the full 78 Rai are not producing yet but my wife just told me before rainy season comes we will need 4 trucks of fertiliser (bullshit) at 21,000 baht per truck (84,000 total) and a little later will require 1 bag of chemical fertiliser per rai at 800 baht a bag (62,000 total). Last month profit was 60,000 baht but not all are yet producing. Next year my father in law tells me all should be ready to tap.

I was just wondering weather these costs sound about normal?

hithere

Don't realy follow what you are asking. Every year you need to fertilise, 72 rai is 144 50 kilos bags a year. if you havent I would think your trees are in a poor state. Jim

I was asking about the prices stated. The family take care of everything. I pay when my father in law tells me something needs paying for. Just thought it about time that I actually knew what a truck of manure and a bag of fertiliser costs elsewhere.

hithere

Don't realy follow what you are asking. Every year you need to fertilise, 72 rai is 144 50 kilos bags a year. if you havent I would think your trees are in a poor state. Jim

I was asking about the prices stated. The family take care of everything. I pay when my father in law tells me something needs paying for. Just thought it about time that I actually knew what a truck of manure and a bag of fertiliser costs elsewhere.

Don't know about manure, but good fertiliser 1000 to 1200 Baht a 50 kilo bag. Jim

hithere

Don't know about manure, but good fertiliser 1000 to 1200 Baht a 50 kilo bag. Jim

Are there significant price fluctuations for chem . fertilzer over the span of a year ?. Would it make financial sence to buy when /if the price is low ,store and use later?

What fertilzer are we talking about ?

What is "good" fertilizer?

Maybe we could get some "across the Nation" (Rubber producing areas ) prices as comparision.

Fertilizer type, availability, and price seems to be a result of what the local supplier has in stock, what is available and the price of petroleum factoring in a lag time.

Now, "what is a good fertilizer". Most astute farmers run multiple soil tests (on the same farm) on a 1 or 2 year rotation, to determine what is lacking for the crop they are attempting to produce. Some years you can have natural hold over of fertilizer, due to moisture, drainage of soil, crop success, etc, so a change could be warranted for the following year. Most times we would take the poorer soil test and determine the fertilizer which was required/needed there and the better soils got the same.