Bus From Bangkok To Non Khai

KKvampire

Beats me why anyone would want to subject themsleves to that kind of BUS trip.

FLY to Udon thani and then bus it.

You'd be in Udon Thani in around an hour instead of about 7 hrs+ by bus, assuming you get there in one piece and yet another driver doesnt fall asleep.

Best Bus service in Thailand. http://primia.net/thaibus/ At kkk get bus to Nong Khai.

Never ceases to surprise me on TV , ask a question and I get 2 answers that are not what I asked and I already know, "There are flights to Udon and Buses to KK,"

Sorry I dont know the answer to your question either as I have never gone by bus.

However in my opinion the best way is by overnight sleeper train, done the trip several times no problem.

You can do either first of second class with a choice in 2nd of fan or air.

The station in NK is only a short distance from the border, assuming you want to go there, can walk if you want or plenty of TukTuks.

Best Bus service in Thailand. http://primia.net/thaibus/ At kkk get bus to Nong Khai.

Never ceases to surprise me on TV , ask a question and I get 2 answers that are not what I asked and I already know, "There are flights to Udon and Buses to KK,"

I took the VIP bus from BKK to Nong Khai recently. I can't remember the name of the bus company, but it stops at platform no. 1 at the Mo Chit bus terminal. It costs exactly Baht 700 (one way). Comfortable enough, showed a movie, gave out new/clean blankets and a (very small) snack. Direct from BKK to Nong Khai, no fooling around. New bus and two drivers (one rested while the other drove). If I remember correctly, it took around 8 - 8.5 hours. I'd use their service again.

I'm not aware of busses leaving from anywhere else in BKK. Mo Chit is the bus terminal serving the "North/North-East".

To add to your lack of knowledge posting I would question why the official bus service from Morchit 2 is not a given. They are the authorized service and checked by police en-route. Most of tourist type 'deals' are bait and switch and you take your chance of even getting to your destination. Not worth the savings of a couple baht in my view - if baht is that important take a non VIP bus.

I agree that CHAN TOUR is the best as far as going to Udon but I also forget whether they go on to Nong Kai.

AIR UDON is another company that goes to Nong Kai. No airplanes despite the name, only buses. They use double deck buses, 24 seat,(2&1) with nice, recline-able seats: B500 when I last used them a year ago. They only made 2 stops along the way: Khon Kaen for fuel and Udon, the whole trip was less than 8 hours. The downside was that we arrived at 6am, too early to do anything.

Their ticket window is on the third level of the Northeast Bus Terminal at Mor Chit. The touts will drive you nuts asking you where you are going and trying to drag you to whoever gives them the best commission, the cost of which is added onto your ticket. Even the security guards and information booth clerks will try to steer you to a tout. Just wander around on your own and you'll find it.

Do not believe anybody saying "VIP", many of them are just standard buses and they'll try to charge you anywhere from 750 to 900+ baht.

AirUdon sounds good, What time do they leave in the evening, Getting to Nong Khai at 6am is ideal, I guess you mean 3rd floor at Mo Chit? I,ve never been off the ground floor there , hope information will help direct me to the ticket office window.

Edited by KKvampire

AirUdon sounds good, What time do they leave in the evening, Getting to Nong Khai at 6am is ideal, I guess you mean 3rd floor at Mo Chit? I,ve never been off the ground floor there , hope information will help direct me to the ticket office window.

Sorry, though I remember the departure was late, I don't remember exactly what time. I may have been wrong with my arrival time. Looking back, I think it was closer to 5am.

I would suggest getting to the "NORTHEASTERN BUS TERMINAL at Mor Chit no later than 7:30 pm

Though you will see ticket windows on both the 1st and 2nd level, AIR UDON is on level 3. Just walk around and you will find it.

NOTE: If you take a taxi there, the taxi might take the ramp that drops you on the 2nd level rather than the first.

I strongly recommend you DO NOT ask at any information booth; I can tell you exactly what they will say. "Not know Air Udon, Not have!!" They will then show you "official" government bus price book showing a fare of B900+ but they will also tell you that if you go to "special window" and get discount...only B780. You will then have a 12 hour ride on a 62 seat shit bus that stops 25 times.

When you do find the AIR UDON window, would you take note of the window number and post it later to this thread? That will make it a lot easier for anybody trying to find it in the future.

Edited by dddave

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, though I remember the departure was late, I don't remember exactly what time. I may have been wrong with my arrival time. Looking back, I think it was closer to 5am.

I would suggest getting to the "NORTHEASTERN BUS TERMINAL at Mor Chit no later than 7:30 pm

Though you will see ticket windows on both the 1st and 2nd level, AIR UDON is on level 3. Just walk around and you will find it.

NOTE: If you take a taxi there, the taxi might take the ramp that drops you on the 2nd level rather than the first.

I strongly recommend you DO NOT ask at any information booth; I can tell you exactly what they will say. "Not know Air Udon, Not have!!" They will then show you "official" government bus price book showing a fare of B900+ but they will also tell you that if you go to "special window" and get discount...only B780. You will then have a 12 hour ride on a 62 seat shit bus that stops 25 times.

When you do find the AIR UDON window, would you take note of the window number and post it later to this thread? That will make it a lot easier for anybody trying to find it in the future.

Ok dddave, back after run, its booth number 55 , took a bit of finding because no English, but it was one of the busiest booths. 450 Bht and comfy new VIP bus with snacks and drinks included. Arrived around 6.30am

Just to say Dont come back with Airudon, They only have a smaller bus and not comfortable from Nongkahi in the evening. So I took chan tours same price not so comfortable but was ok left 7pm arrived at 3.30am in Mo chit . Better than those going on Nongkhai train sleeper getting in 7 or 8 am

Edited by KKvampire
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ok dddave, back after run, its booth number 55 , took a bit of finding because no English, but it was one of the busiest booths. 450 Bht and comfy new VIP bus with snacks and drinks included. Arrived around 6.30am

Just to say Dont come back with Airudon, They only have a smaller bus and not comfortable from Nongkahi in the evening. So I took chan tours same price not so comfortable but was ok left 7pm arrived at 3.30am in Mo chit . Better than those going on Nongkhai train sleeper getting in 7 or 8 am

What time is the latest departure?

• 6 months later...

Anyone know how to get to the main Mo chit North east bus terminal? I dont think there are any regular service buses , how to get there?

There are probably over 20 different public buses that go to Mo Chit 2 bus terminal. A little difficult to suggest one when you don't state what inner city location you are.

Two easy options are to take the BTS to Mo Chit, then take the #77 (orange aircon) bus northbound from Phaholyothin rd from the busstop adjacent to BTS station. Usually these buses even have a Mo Chit sign in english. (The 77 runs from Silom , Central World & Ratchaprarop rd if this is near you)

The other option is to take the MRT to Kamphaeng Phet station, exit the north eat exit (sorry I dont know the exit number) and there is a bus stop located there for all buses turning right into Kamphaeng Phet 2 rd. Basically, any bus heading north along this road terminates at Mo Chit.