Ais 3G Uses In Cm

haveaniceday

My 30gig 799 + tax a month AIS 3G 'contract' expires next week, this was the one with the router, I am wondering what people experience was when it finished.

I am getting conflicting (not surprising) from AIS.

1. Teliwiz shop I bought it from says no change will happen, I will continue to get billed on the same deal until I stop it.

2. Rung AIS and spoke to a chap with good English, he said I need to do a new contract that is affectedly 6 SIX times more expensive at 799b for 5 gigs.

3. Rung AIS a second time and another guy with good English said I need to do prepaid, <deleted>?

Most English speaking people in Thailand on AIS 3G are in CM, I hope someone can tell me what really happens.

Thanks very much.

We got a similar contract in November 2009. When November 2010 arrived, we got a letter in the mail from them, in Thai. I can read Thai somewhat and it appeared to be about monthly billing and amounts and I figured "OK, this is the sorry, your contract has expired" letter. Rather than crack open the dictionary and spend the time to do an exact translation, Hubby went down to the AIS office on Thapae Rd. with the letter. They looked at it and said they were raising our credit limit because we had a one year history of paying our bill on time, every month. He asked if he could pay his current bill (we hadn't yet received it in the mail) and they said yes. The amount was unchanged. We have the same 30 gig, 799+ baht per month contract.

To this day they are billing us at the original rate. I've heard that if you're late with a payment then they'll use that as an excuse to cancel your plan and force you into one of their current, higher priced plans.

My suggestion to the OP is to do nothing, but mark the due date for the bill on your calendar and pay it a few days before that, even if you haven't yet received the bill in the mail.

I have been on AIS 3G air card 30GB for 1500 baht per month from the beging. This being about 1 1/2 years. I pay by top from 7-11. As long as I do this by the 28th of each month AIS honors their original contract with me. BTW this plane is no longer available.

I purchased the WiFi Router with the 30 GB package in December,2009. I used it until February, 2011. I paid the same amount all of that time.

In my experience with both CAT CDMA and AIS Super 3G, if you are in the coverage area of AIS, it is much better than CAT. The big difference I found is that CAT covers most of Thailand. I just cancelled my AIS because of equipment problems... I am in an area on the fringe of coverage and one of the towers had problems. AIS was changing the equipment just as I was cancelling and the signal to my mobile phone indicates to me they may have already changed the faulty equipment. I still use CAT outside of Chiang Mai. Where I am located I cannot get much better than 500KB download on a good day. I would say my average speed on CAT is about 300. This is because of where I am located. The nearest CAT tower is some kilometers away from my house.

Before I bought the WiFi router I purchased the AIS usb dongle. It worked fine except I wanted the WiFi option. I gave my usb dongle to a friend living inside Chiang Mai and the friend indicated it works fine with very good speed.

My suggestion is to find out how the coverage for each is in a particular area before deciding on one or the other.

MSPain

Cat CDMA is unlimited for about 800 Baht PM no contract.