Processing Time Aust Partner/Prospective Marriage

Is there any possibility of the floods effecting day to day operations at the Aus Embassy and therefore effecting work on visa processing?

As of 19 Oct Sathorn was not affected by floodwater, but it has been mentioned in the media as an area that might flood. As of today the Oz embassy web site does not have any notice regarding closure ... but it is possible that certain staff may not be able to attend work due to their homes being flooded.

While I have hand-to-keyboard I might just mention a paper that I am working on that may be of interest to those following this thread - about pertner visas. It's only a working draft at present, and if you would like to offer feedback to me via pm, then that would be much appreciated. You can see the paper at www.burning-bison.com/journey.htm

Edited by chiangmaibruce

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading on another website that once health checks are done they are sent to HOC australia does anyone know if this applies to Thailand also.

What is HOC?

Health Operations Centre

Never heard of it

If there are no issues with the health check then it is sent to the embassy for inclusion with the application...if there are issues it may be sent to DIAC in Oz for further consideration, I presume this would be with DIAC appointed doctors.

One question for anyone who can help once the medical and. Interview are done what happens ? Does the embassy send an email and say it's approved and youron a waiting list or do you just sit back and wait with no contact. I would like my partner to. Go for a few months holiday if they gave assurance the visa would be granted.

Sit and wait

Tourist visas can be granted during the processing time....however like any visa application they will not give assurances to success pre application.....you apply for the tourist and sit and hope like always.

My wife has applied for a 309 Partner visa. I'm leaving Thailand in early December so she's going to apply for a tourist visa so she can come with me. Do I need to duplicate and send all of the documents regarding our history together, photo's, bills in our names, etc that I used in the partner visa application?

Edited by Logarhythm

My wife has applied for a 309 Partner visa. I'm leaving Thailand in early December so she's going to apply for a tourist visa so she can come with me. Do I need to duplicate and send all of the documents regarding our history together, photo's, bills in our names, etc that I used in the partner visa application?

I've always been led to believe that each and every application stands on its own, therefore in that regard you should send EVERYTHING to guarantee the best possible outcome. I know with our 309 application we supplied the exact same photos (many trees worth) as we did with her previous TV application. The only bonus I know of is you don't need any official translations this time :-). Personally I'd duplicate everything just to be safe. Good luck

need to check if the application needs to be in before you do the TV also. I know that with a PMV you need to put in the application before you apply for a TV

I'm not sure if that was directed at me, or not. I'll answer it anyway. Yes, we put the partner visa application in at the end of July. Medical 2 weeks ago and additional information supplied this week. I had booked a flight to Bangkok for next Thursday to apply for the tourist visa, but the current situation in Bangkok has me thinking that that might not be possible. I am heading back to Australia in early Dec. Maybe the partner visa will be ready by then, however, I'm not prepared to gamble on that.

I'm not sure if that was directed at me, or not. I'll answer it anyway. Yes, we put the partner visa application in at the end of July. Medical 2 weeks ago and additional information supplied this week. I had booked a flight to Bangkok for next Thursday to apply for the tourist visa, but the current situation in Bangkok has me thinking that that might not be possible. I am heading back to Australia in early Dec. Maybe the partner visa will be ready by then, however, I'm not prepared to gamble on that.

It only takes six days to get a TV approval so you will have plenty of time.

It is quite possible that the partner visa will be granted by then....all being well...thats upto the Embassy and the application.

The Embassy will close for the Government Holidays

You can put in all the docs you used for the partner visa for the TV....but not really necessary.....you just need to update any docs/pics you used in previous TV applications.

It only takes six days to get a TV approval so you will have plenty of time.

It is quite possible that the partner visa will be granted by then....all being well...thats upto the Embassy and the application.

The Embassy will close for the Government Holidays

You can put in all the docs you used for the partner visa for the TV....but not really necessary.....you just need to update any docs/pics you used in previous TV applications.

Thanks, Graeme. I must confess I'm getting anxious about the flooding. I want to go up to Bangkok next week to apply for the tourist visa, and a police clearance that I need for my work in Australia, but I'm worried that all the areas that I need to go to will be flooded. I've booked a flight for next Thursday, but will reschedule for a later date if I can't travel. because of the floods.

Woohoo! We got one biggrin.gif

My wife got the call today from the case officer notifying her of the good news jap.gif

A trip to the Embassy next week to get her passport stamped.

A big thanks to Bridge for his help and to other forum members for their support.

Applied the last week of May '11

Contacted last week of Aug to attend an interview

Interview and medial first week in Sept. CO said it would take another 2 to 3 months for the decision.

Called today to say it was granted and to go get a stamp at the Embassy.

5 months give or take a day.

Fark I'm happy rolleyes.gif

My wife got the call today from the case officer notifying her of the good news jap.gif

A big thanks to Bridge for his help and to other forum members for their support.

Interview and medial first week in Sept. CO said it would take another 2 to 3 months for the decision.

well done and congrats. all the best

well done :)

Mate that's excellent news. Congrats!

Great news!

• 2 weeks later...

Misterwolf, the information in the OP is that the standard processing time is up to 10 months. You even say "up to" yourself!

Do you really need someone to explain to you what the phrase "up to" means in this context?

Misterwolf, the information in the OP is that the standard processing time is up to 10 months. You even say "up to" yourself!

Do you really need someone to explain to you what the phrase "up to" means in this context?

"Prepare for a long wait, straight from the horses mouth, yadda,yadda,yadda."

Quite defensive there Mr. moderator. Why cant the question be asked of members who were obviously talking crap?

Read the opening 2 posts in this thread in full before being a smart arse.

The members you refer to are professionals who are passing on information which they have received from the relevent authorities and is the same as that posted on Australian government websites; as pointed out by Madavid.

As said, the important phrase is "up to."

The members you refer to are professionals who are passing on information which they have received from the relevent authorities and is the same as that posted on Australian government websites; as pointed out by Madavid.

As said, the important phrase is "up to."

Why are these members deemed untouchable and you feel the need to jump to their defence?

Read their replies on the first page and its quite clear as to what they are claiming and in that context ,from experiences of others quite wrong and basically scaremongering.

I'd like to hear straight from the horses mouth as these so called professionals and their apologists were quick to question my beliefs based on their "experience".

Nothing much has changed in the actual processing time from the experience of others.

One of those professionals had an application in and was told minimum 9 months wait. Should maybe look for a new profession?

Edited by Misterwolf

Having spoken with various people at the embassy and also immigration and reading between the lines of what they can say and what they can't say, the time period of 10 months is the average - they have stated to me the average application approval time is 10 months - which means a partner visa can be approved before the 10 month period if the application is complete, accurate and factual. I would expect that the amount of applications are incomplete would be high - accurate and factual ? well Thailand there would be a number of those. I know my application is accurate and factual - if my application is not complete after checking it and rechecking it many many times I would be surprised if any thing was missed. The point I am trying to make is I would expect an answer from 4 - 10 months and not 10 plus months - When I read this forum thread it really cut my heart up and if you are a genuine case then it is not a minimum of 10 month wait - it's and average wait time of 10 months :)

I hate to disappoint you, but expect 10. I have this on good authority.

May want to check your sources again cobber.

I think the OP said up-to as quoted on the diac site. No doubt some will be quicker, some longer. certainly 5 minute de facto relationships like misterwolfs will take the longest.

I reckon they'd be the quickest, wouldn't they?

"Refused, NEXT!" :)

I think the OP said up-to as quoted on the diac site. No doubt some will be quicker, some longer. certainly 5 minute de facto relationships like misterwolfs will take the longest.

I reckon they'd be the quickest, wouldn't they?

"Refused, NEXT!" :)

Misterwolf is a desperate to get his TGF a visa. The only person he ir arguing with is himself. It takes how long it takes. It might take anywhere from 1 day to a year... Wolf chill out...... no one cares what you think. Put your application in. If it takes less than 3 months well done. Just dont be do desperate. Remember you wont lose the girl only your place in the que.

One of those professionals had an application in and was told minimum 9 months wait.

After my wife's interview, the co said the wait for final decision is 2 to 3 months. We got it in 6 weeks. They tell you worst case I reckon just so you don't keep bugging them. It's simply not feasible for them to be more exact. So you sit and wait with your fingers crossed and pray if that floats your boat.