Type O Requirements

thai imigration have changed the requirements for a type o multi entry visa .

for non married applicants ,they must have proof of a minimum of £900. per mounth income , pensons etc.

seems they are tightening up on farangs living in the kingdom on the cheap.

:jap:

Be happy, in Holland & Belgium requirment for that is 1250 euros , is even more comparing pound so you are lucky ...., but is true you feel Thailand only likes the russians now :D

Edited by david555

link thai consulate amsterdam

The OP is so vague I hope this is closed unless/until specific/credible news can be confirmed.

1250 EURO you can find confirmation on thai consulate Amsterdam , just Google and look under visa , you can choose for english language

Edited by david555

The OP implies this is a blanket policy change for all Thai multi O visas everywhere. I see no evidence of that from reports from one or two embassies or consulates. The Washington D.C. embassy has nothing about it. I think it is certainly news when even one consulate has changed its policy, but the OP implies this is blanket change. I remain very skeptical about that until there is a formal announcement from a more general source.

If someone means Hull has changed, say Hull, don't say

thai imigration have changed

Edited by Jingthing

[

The OP is so vague I hope this is closed unless/until specific/credible news can be confirmed.

KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST IMMIGRATION REGS ,

YOUR SO OUT OFF TOUCH

LOOK UP THE THAI CONSULATE WEB SITE ,

Edited by sbk
flame removed-mind your manners

KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST IMMIGRATION REGS ,

YOUR SO OUT OFF TOUCH

LOOK UP THE THAI CONSULATE WEB SITE ,

Is there only one such website? There are Thai consulates and Embassies all over the world, I have checked three with no mention of any such changes.

So we are talking about Hull and perhaps Amsterdam. Is that really RECENT news from Hull? Okie dokie.

Next ...

For next... .........put Antwerp Consulate also on the list , howevher not on their website , but by private mail , after request for the latest rules for al types of visa ;) ....

I just had a look on the Hull Thai Consulate website http://thaiconsul.co.uk/downloads-and-visas.aspx

and there's a document dated the 18th of this month, entitled 'Abb additional Information for Non-Imm Visas'

Which states;

(scroll to the bottom for the information on retiring on such a visa)

Category“O”

Marriedto a Thai national

Evidence required: Copy of marriagecertificate (in English).

or

Visiting family working/living in Thailand

Evidence required: Birth/MarriageCertificate to show relationship plus letter from relative confirming

they are in Thailand together with copy of validentry visa in their passport or copy of valid work

permit.

or

Residing in Thailand

Evidence required: Copy of house deeds.

or

Volunteer work

Evidence required: Suitable letter from recognisedcharity.

or

Visiting Thailand as Pensioner

Evidence required: Copy of bank statementshowing receipt of pension.

or

Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50years and over

Evidence required: Copy of bank statementshowing income of minimum £900.00 per month.

So could this over 50 person still get a SINGLE entry O visa and then do a retirement extension in Thailand using the bank account method? The OP talks about multiple O's, not single.

In any case, a person over 50 without a pension can still come to Thailand on a tourist visa and even a 30 day stamp, and still get a retirement extension (first doing a change of visa status to O IN Thailand).

Edited by Jingthing

I just had a look on the Hull Thai Consulate website http://thaiconsul.co...-and-visas.aspx

and there's a document dated the 18th of this month, entitled 'Abb additional Information for Non-Imm Visas'

Which states;

(scroll to the bottom for the information on retiring on such a visa)

Category"O"

Marriedto a Thai national

Evidence required: Copy of marriagecertificate (in English).

or

Visiting family working/living in Thailand

Evidence required: Birth/MarriageCertificate to show relationship plus letter from relative confirming

they are in Thailand together with copy of validentry visa in their passport or copy of valid work

permit.

or

Residing in Thailand

Evidence required: Copy of house deeds.

or

Volunteer work

Evidence required: Suitable letter from recognisedcharity.

or

Visiting Thailand as Pensioner

Evidence required: Copy of bank statementshowing receipt of pension.

or

Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50years and over

Evidence required: Copy of bank statementshowing income of minimum £900.00 per month.

oh good to know for sure , as i should not reach the 1250 euro i can go shopping for visa in hull :D , "Thailand rules ", shouldn you love them :rolleyes: 1250€ = 1036 £....... lucky UK guys...;)

So could this over 50 person still get a SINGLE entry O visa and then do a retirement extension in Thailand using the bank account method? The OP talks about multiple O's, not single.

In any case, a person over 50 without a pension can still come to Thailand on a tourist visa and even a 30 day stamp, and still get a retirement extension (first doing a change of visa status to O IN Thailand).

I guess so, looks like it's aimed at people who might get a non-imm o multiple entry, use it for the full length, but not have any connections to Thailand like a wife or family, or property.

The 'visiting friends' thing was tightened up recently too, now you need to show rental agreements or condo ownership, if you're not married.

Still, if you meet the B800,000 in the bank requirement, you can get an extension, as you say, on many types of visa. If the monthly income variety, £900 is less than B65,000 anyway!

thai imigration have changed the requirements for a type o multi entry visa .

for non married applicants ,they must have proof of a minimum of £900. per mounth income , pensons etc.

seems they are tightening up on farangs living in the kingdom on the cheap.

Thai Immigration do not issue Visas. Thai Consulates do.

These are the requirements asked for by one particular Thai Consulate.

Requirements elsewhere will vary.

Thai Immigration do not issue Visas. Thai Consulates do.

These are the requirements asked for by one particular Thai Consulate.

Requirements elsewhere will vary.

thank you for your valid reply .

thai immigration make the rules ,

the thai consulates that issue the visa

FOLLOW THESE RULES [ hope you understand ]

i obtain my visa @ the thai consulate in cardiff, WALES .

maybe these new visa , requirements only apply in the UK ,@ english consulate .

which is understandable .

If you are applying for a Non Immigrant OA Visa then the following rules apply:

Also OP for what reasons are you applying for a Non IMM O Visa????

Notice the 65,000 monthly income!!!

Taken from the Thai Consulate site in Cardiff

EXTENDED STAYS FOR PERSONS AGED 50 OR OVER

NON-IMMIGRANT – VISA CATEGORY “O-A”

Persons aged 50 or above are now being allowed to take up retreat in Thailand initially for at least one year from date of arrival provided they are able to meet stipulated financial and other requirements, i.e.

1. Annual income equivalent to 800,000 Baht or monthly income of 65,000 Baht. (Current rate but subject to review)

2. Provide Medical Certificate confirming applicant has no infectious disease, (including Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Filatiasis, Drug addiction, V.D. Alcoholism is also precluded) and has not suffered an infectious disease for over 3 months.

3. Provide statement confirming applicant has no criminal record.

4. If accompanied by Spouse – Marriage Certificate to be supplied. A proportional increase in annual income would also apply.

The above documentation has to be certified by a Notary Public and be submitted with 4 completed Visa Application Forms and 4 recent photographs, Passport size, together with Passport and appropriate fee. (Currently £15 but under review).

If you are applying for a Non Immigrant OA Visa then the following rules apply:

Also OP for what reasons are you applying for a Non IMM O Visa????

Notice the 65,000 monthly income!!!

Taken from the Thai Consulate site in Cardiff

EXTENDED STAYS FOR PERSONS AGED 50 OR OVER

NON-IMMIGRANT – VISA CATEGORY “O-A”

thank you for your good information, and your sound advice .

unfortunately , i have to wait another two years , [cant come quick enough ]

then i will be living full time in thailand,

and i will pay the 800,000 into my thai bank account ,

that is if the immigrtation, do not change the rules ,AGAIN .

if they fkc it up too much , i will be looking elesewhere to retire.

now i visit LOS, 3 times a year .

I take it you used the "Non Immigrant O Visa for visiting friends" before

yes , i have a letter from a farang friend , married to a thai lady .

they own a house in udon.

now it seems the letter is only good for wiping the toot .

maybe i will try the EDUCATION VISA , ideal for a cheap charlie , like me .

seems thai immigration , have not cottoned on to this scam , YET .

I take it you used the "Non Immigrant O Visa for visiting friends" before

yes , i have a letter from a farang friend , married to a thai lady .

they own a house in udon.

now it seems the letter is only good for wiping the toot .

maybe i will try the EDUCATION VISA , ideal for a cheap charlie , like me .

seems thai immigration , have not cottoned on to this scam , YET .

can't the sent you a "rental" agreement and then based on renting a house get a non immigrant multiple entry.

If you "visit" Thailand 3X a year then it would appear that double-entry Tourist visas would be adequate to your needs. (even single entry if you do not stay over 90 days at a time!)

Ok so the changes don't seem much different than before (for my circumstance anyway).

I am on an 'o' visa as visiting friends and family (technically both the same person (girlfriend, her family)).

With the change I guess next year all I need to is show the rental contract for where we are staying for the year with my name on it?

With the change I guess next year all I need to is show the rental contract for where we are staying for the year with my name on it?

Believe rental contract is currently acceptable by Hull for issue of Non-O visa, but who knows what the rules could be next year.