Gillette Fusion

AlanL1275

Are Gillette Fusion blades available in Bangkok.

Sorry but don't need recommendations about changing to another, just location of where you purchase yours.

Places like Watson, BigC, Boots, The Mall Dept. Store do not have them.

Thanks in advance,

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about mail ordering them from the UK or wherever else they sell them. I have a few months supply of the blades with me at the moment but they will run out soon.

I just looked on Amazon and they sell them from both the US and UK stores.

In fact I think I might well order some and have them delivered in the UK and then reshipped out here. I do that with some other things I occasionally require.

Edited by ukrules

I use the Gillette Mach 3 (also 3 blades) and get the blade cartridges at Carrefour (expensive). Since I don't use the Fusion I couldn't say for sure if they carry them but they obviously do stock Gillette.

I use the Gillette Mach 3 (also 3 blades) and get the blade cartridges at Carrefour (expensive). Since I don't use the Fusion I couldn't say for sure if they carry them but they obviously do stock Gillette.

I've managed to buy the Gillette Mach 3 blades in Tesco-Lotus, but they're expensive, so I try to stock up on a trip back to North America. I decided on my last trip that I didn't really need the Fusion, as that was really expensive, even there.

How about Boots or Watson? I "think" I once bought the Mach III blades at one these too.

But based on posts here I am guessing Jingthing is right in it being a corp decision. The expat. community is not that big and I bet neither is the high end razors in Thailand. So, maybe just offering 1 3-blade system is all they feel is warranted especially since most tourists will bring their own.

Edited by Nisa

How about Boots or Watson? I "think" I once bought the Mach III blades at one these too.

But based on posts here I am guessing Jingthing is right in it being a corp decision. The expat. community is not that big and I bet neither is the high end razors in Thailand. So, maybe just offering 1 3-blade system is all they feel is warranted especially since most tourists will bring their own.

No luck finding them here too. I buy them when i go back to Europe or ask colleagues visiting me to bring some to me.

Need to go to S'pore next week though, will have a look if i can find them there.

Try ebid Singapore for fusion refills. and upgrade to the proglide version of the Fusion which is July 2010 version of the Fusion. My last trip to the USA I bought 48 and they are a great improvement.

yes they fit fine, same fitting system.

Do the proglide blades fit onto the older Fusion razor bases?

Yes they fit fine, same fitting system for all fusion models. The newer proglide handles are lighter and better angle which I grew to like better. I purchased 96 refils of the power proglide fusion off ebay and split the order with a friend for only $105 USD total plus airmail.

Edited by gosompoi

I think I saw them at Carefour and Tesco/Lotus. Orange plastic wrap, 3 blades. Tried them once and the blades stopped working after two shaves.

If you are looking for something with 3 blades and will last you a long time, I mean heavy usage, then BIC has one called, BIC Teens (Yes made for woman), it's in a blue plastic wrapping.

Edited by elshaheen

I think I saw them at Carefour and Tesco/Lotus. Orange plastic wrap, 3 blades. Tried them once and the blades stopped working after two shaves.

If you are looking for something with 3 blades and will last you a long time, I mean heavy usage, then BIC has one called, BIC Teens (Yes made for woman), it's in a blue plastic wrapping.

Hi Elshaheen,

I think you are mistaking this

51qTAgl4Z%2BL.jpg

for this:

Photo_12687700.jpg

Fusions are sold by 4 or 8, and last more like 20 shaves + , heavy usage :)

Also be aware that what is sold online in ASIA is often knockoff copies from China from numerous reports. Be careful.

I indeed saw over the years a few fake ones in market like Yashow in Beijing, but I never dared trying them bah.gif .

And indeed, you would find plenty of fakes on Alibaba.com.

Here is an interesting website to see if what you bought is genuine or not: http://fakeblades.wordpress.com/blade-comparisons/

What is interesting is they "could" make knock-off blades of the same quality for dirt cheap. Gillette is being sued in the UK for marking up their blades by 4,500%

The same quality I doubt - even UK/US major firms have never got it right when legally making non patented products in my experience.

a counterfeit doesn't need to concern itself with patent infringement. The lawsuit claims Gillette makes the blades for £0.05 each and they sell for £2.43 or a 4,700+% mark-up. Even if a shop spent 5 times more to make them and sold them at 1/2 the price they would be doing well.

The same quality I doubt - even UK/US major firms have never got it right when legally making non patented products in my experience.

a counterfeit doesn't need to concern itself with patent infringement. The lawsuit claims Gillette makes the blades for £0.05 each and they sell for £2.43 or a 4,700+% mark-up. Even if a shop spent 5 times more to make them and sold them at 1/2 the price they would be doing well.

What would be more interesting is finding out if their factory in China has a double exit. Then as for many other stuff, you would find the real stuff at low price in local market/shops.

What would be more interesting is finding out if their factory in China has a double exit. Then as for many other stuff, you would find the real stuff at low price in local market/shops.

From what I read the knock-offs are sh@t but this could largely be coming from Gillette to protect their profits and company. Keep in mind Gillette was also found guilty in the US for misleading and false advertising in promoting their new razors in terms of false claims about their new releases of high end razors. I personally am happy with their razors but find them incredibly expensive but I have not tried a cheaper brand forever beyond disposables if I am on the road.