Thank You

lampard10

The whole cricketing world ( and Lampshade) thanks Australia and England for a truly tremendous series. That was CRICKET at its best. Ihope superfly comes for a drink with me sometime. Without his wonderful predictions we might not have done it. As most of you know I have openened the Captain Cook pub now, so that us Poms and Ozzies can booze away the hours together. Well not me cause Idon't drink now.

By the way, before the series started I predicted 2-1 to either Australia or England with two tests drawn because of the wheather. Not far off was I?

Anyway it's over now, and well done the underdogs and unlucky Oz.

Absolutely wonderful advert for cricket and just English sport in general. Great performances from both teams with some exceptional individual displays, non more so than Kevin Pietersens' knock so ensure we regained the ashes.

Considering that was the first ashes series I've ever seen, well, the others certainly have something to live up to.

Congratulations England!! :o:D

This goes someway to repairing England's sporting prowess thank God,

as we are absolute rubbish at football and Rugby right now, so it's great to see our boys do well at SOMETHING.

Unlucky Ozzies, but as said previously thanx for being great sports.

Our footballers are still eating humble pie at the moment and I don't expect there to be any leftovers!!

Well done to all concerned.

PS I don't like cricket and never saw a toss or a bat, but it's good to read all about it here

It was absolutely fantastic right up to the end. Obviously i'm over the moon, being a "Pom" but what got to me was the comarardery between the sides. The way that the Aussies where gracious in defeat and the obvious affections and admiration that they all have for each other. It was a bit of a tear jerker moment when you realised that Warney will never play another Ashes match over here. I think, although it's difficult to give to the losing team, he should have been given the "Man of the Series Award".

It was absolutely fantastic right up to the end. Obviously i'm over the moon, being a "Pom" but what got to me was the comarardery between the sides. The way that the Aussies where gracious in defeat and the obvious affections and admiration that they all have for each other. It was a bit of a tear jerker moment when you realised that Warney will never play another Ashes match over here. I think, although it's difficult to give to the losing team, he should have been given the "Man of the Series Award".

It's not often a man who gets 40 wickets in a 5 test series and 12 wickets in a test match doesn't get a major award. Warnie is special, it's crickets loss that he is now 36 and won't be back to piss of the poms in the next ashes. If it wasn't for his idiocy off the field he could have been a great captain. :o

post-18822-1126622997.jpg

Edited by Old Croc

It's not often a man who gets 40 wickets in a 5 test series and 12 wickets in a test match doesn't get a major award. Warnie is special, it's crickets loss that he is now 36 and won't be back to piss of the poms in the next ashes. If it wasn't for his idiocy off the field he could have been a great captain. :D

:o

Cricket: The Ashes 'foot in mouth' awards

GLENN McGRATH:

"We find it amusing and amazing how they always talk it up with about 12 months to go, telling everyone that they've finally got the team to beat us."

TERRY ALDERMAN:

"I definitely believe if any of our batsmen get out to [Ashley] Giles in the tests they should go and hang themselves. But I'm confident that won't happen."

MATTHEW HAYDEN:

"I don't really care much for all this 'are they closer?' I really believe that it's all about us. If we are executing our skills, I don't believe there's a side that can get close to us."

GLENN McGRATH:

"I think I was saying 3-0 or 4-0 about 12 months ago, thinking there might be a bit of rain around. But with the weather as it is at the moment, I have to say 5-0."

PAUL REIFFEL:

"England are playing pretty well, but I'm just not sure they know how to win yet."

JEFF THOMSON:

"England will lose the five-test series 3-0, and the margin will be worse for them if it doesn't rain. If you put the players from Australia and England up against each other it is embarrassing. There is no contest between them on an individual or team basis."

TERRY ALDERMAN:

"If Australia get away to a good start then England have got no chance. They have got to be competitive in that first test at Lord's, or else it's goodnight."

GLENN McGRATH:

"We find it amusing and amazing how they always talk it up with about 12 months to go, telling everyone that they've finally got the team to beat us."

TERRY ALDERMAN:

"I definitely believe if any of our batsmen get out to [Ashley] Giles in the tests they should go and hang themselves. But I'm confident that won't happen."

MATTHEW HAYDEN:

"I don't really care much for all this 'are they closer?' I really believe that it's all about us. If we are executing our skills, I don't believe there's a side that can get close to us."

GLENN McGRATH:

"I think I was saying 3-0 or 4-0 about 12 months ago, thinking there might be a bit of rain around. But with the weather as it is at the moment, I have to say 5-0."

PAUL REIFFEL:

"England are playing pretty well, but I'm just not sure they know how to win yet."

JEFF THOMSON:

"England will lose the five-test series 3-0, and the margin will be worse for them if it doesn't rain. If you put the players from Australia and England up against each other it is embarrassing. There is no contest between them on an individual or team basis."

TERRY ALDERMAN:

"If Australia get away to a good start then England have got no chance. They have got to be competitive in that first test at Lord's, or else it's goodnight."

You forgot one;

SIAM SUPERFLY:

England can be beaten by a team of Cambodian midgets they are so sh1t.

TIP OF THE DAY:

Australia; if you're thinking about touring Thailand, don't cross over into Cambodia. There's a team of midgets after your blood.

he should have been given the "Man of the Series Award".

I think he probably deserved it to, right up to the moment that he dropped the dolly that you could say cost the Ozzies the series. It would have been a brave man to give the man that cost them, 'Man of the Series' award.

Warnes return of 249 runs and 40 wickets has been called the best all round series performance in test history :o

However, the man of the series award went to Flintoff with 402 runs and 24 wickets. :D His batting performance was assisted by a Billy Bowden non decision early in his innings of 100 in the 4th test.

GLENN McGRATH:

TERRY ALDERMAN:

MATTHEW HAYDEN:

GLENN McGRATH:

PAUL REIFFEL:

JEFF THOMSON:

TERRY ALDERMAN:

:D

Oh dear, how sad, never mind

:o:D

GLENN McGRATH:

TERRY ALDERMAN:

MATTHEW HAYDEN:

GLENN McGRATH:

PAUL REIFFEL:

JEFF THOMSON:

TERRY ALDERMAN:

:D

You forgot one;

SIAM SUPERFLY:

England can be beaten by a team of Cambodian midgets they are so sh1t.

TIP OF THE DAY:

Australia; if you're thinking about touring Thailand, don't cross over into Cambodia. There's a team of midgets after your blood.

and you could be their captain shady, you could get the job based on height :o:D

Its a real role reversal going on in the aftermath of the Series. The English press are lauding their winning team and also the Oz boys for their sportsmanship and the great spirit in which the Series was played while the Oz press are baying for blood and every has been around the place is doing likewise.

Just like the English press have been doing for 18 years to their team.

Winners are certainly grinners :o

Its a real role reversal going on in the aftermath of the Series. The English press are lauding their winning team and also the Oz boys for their sportsmanship and the great spirit in which the Series was played while the Oz press are baying for blood and every has been around the place is doing likewise.

Winners are certainly grinners :D

Very true indeed. I wonder who they will choose to be the "Fall Guy" as it's never the Selectors fault is it :o

Winners are certainly grinners :D

Very true indeed. I wonder who they will choose to be the "Fall Guy" as it's never the Selectors fault is it :o

The policy of choosing a squad based on previous Test match experience instead of form certainly blew up in their faces,there were at least 1/2 a dozen players already in England playing County Cricket whose form leading up to the Series was far superior to the squad picked. It should be shape up or ship out time for at least 6 of them.I think the next Series is against West Indies so its their chance bring on a bit of youth. :D

The whole cricketing world  ( and Lampshade) thanks Australia and England for a truly tremendous series. That was CRICKET at its best. Ihope superfly comes for a drink with me sometime. Without his wonderful predictions we might not have done it. As most of you know I have openened the Captain Cook pub now, so that us Poms and Ozzies can booze away the hours together. Well not me cause Idon't drink now.

By the way, before the series started I predicted 2-1 to either Australia or England with two tests drawn because of the wheather. Not far off was I?

Anyway it's over now, and well done the underdogs and unlucky Oz.

Lampard (coward)....Still waiting for ur PM :D ......or shall I send u a white feather..... :o

Winners are certainly grinners :o

thats not exactly true mate, Dennis is saying that, but he has an agenda with the acb, the selectors do have a lot to answer for, Lehman shoul'dve been there and yes there are a lot of young guys playing county cricket that coul have been looked at too.

Selectors are banana benders so who knows