Small Mirror For Shower?

Genericnic

Hi all.

I am trying to find a small mirror to put on the shower wall so that I can shave in the shower. The one I would like has suction cups for mounting rather than something that would be permanently mounted (since I am renting) and the mirror would most likely be some form of plastic rather than glass. They are easy to find in the states but I haven't been able to find one here in CM. I've checked index, Carrefour, HomePro, and Big C with no luck. Anyone have any experience finding one?

Any help appreciated.

David

I know what the OP is talking about, it was near the top of my buy list when I last went back to the US in Aug 09.

Bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond in US, about 13 USD (used to be ~9 at Costco).

All acrylic, 3 suction cups, when it detaches (as it inevitably does) it just clatters and bounces with no damage.

Brilliant piece of kit for those who shave- saved thousands on Nivea shave creme and the mess created over a bathroom sink.

Smear a little liquid soap on the mirror once in a while and it is fog free.

Couldn't live clean shaven without one.....:)

I have a rack that hangs off a screw in my shower wall. I bought a cheap mirror, about 4" in diameter, that stands on the rack. It has a cheap plastic frame that swivels to adjust the angle. They're in all the "10 baht shops", or what we would call "99 cent stores" in the US. I think I paid either 10 or 20 baht.

I`ll throw in an idea, only a thought.

Go into one of those glass cutting shops, most also sell mirrors.

Ask if they have an odd small piece of mirror glass, probably buy it for 20 baht.

In a dry place in your bath/shower room, place the piece of mirror to the wall with some double sided tape.

Ask if they have an odd small piece of mirror glass, probably buy it for 20 baht.

In a dry place in your bath/shower room, place the piece of mirror to the wall with some double sided tape.

High Tech. :lol:

What do you need a mirror for??

I shave in my shower every day by simply taking the foam off my head, putting it on my face, and shaving away. Never need to see what I am doing. Feeling is much better :)

ask the guy in the glass shop to grind the edges so they are not sharp. it only takes a few minutes to do it with a stone. or have them put an aluminum frame on it.

Mirrors are evil: even the Thai language reflects this great truth: consider the word "gajok," for mirror, rhymes with the word "gohok," for liar. What is behind the reflective layer of the mirror: black, the foul black of spiritual emptiness in which trapped souls linger half-transparent, trying to howl through lips sewn shut ! Even, in the "western cultural tradition:" consider the moral cloaked in the so-called "myth" of Narcissus ! Or, more recently, the sub-text of painting-as-mirror in Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

Glass in the shower/bathing area is dangerous ! Go naked into that good shower, glassless.

Is it not better a little sacrifice of a smidgen of bloodshed from thy shaving than yr immortal soul trapped in a mirror for eternity !

Is it not strange, the way mirrors are seductive when one is young: they are like the dope-fiends who become pushers, and come around the schoolyard offering youth little samples for free: they only began lying through their teeth to my human's meat-package when said package had thirty-five years of mileage on it: from thence, with each decade, their lies became more and more grotesque, their mockery more clever, more vicious !

When you go to friend's houses, take matte-black spray-paint, rubber gloves, masking tape, and a plastic bag: tell them you must use their bathrooom, mask off the perimeter of the mirror well while, of course, avoding glancing into it, and, wearing the darkest glasses you can find, don your rubber gloves, spray-paint that mirror black, then carefully remove the masking tape. Put masking tape and your rubber gloves in a plastic bag. ! In the long run, your friends will thank you on bended knees for their salvation: no matter, in the short term, they may brain you with some blunt object. So: you may wish to exit said friend's house before they discover your gift of exorcism of that evil entity posing as a relector of "how things really look."

By the way, plastic will not help you here: the same diabolical influence is at work.

Perhaps the only thing worse than what a mirror shows you: would be to see yourself as others actually see you ! Fortunately, the human species is hard-wired to never even experience such "truths," let alone articulate them.

Note the paradox that to see others as you see yourself in "the best possible light" ... is ... a gift.

best, ~o:37;

p.s. All of the above will be on the final examination: but your responses must show originality in order to even receive a minimal passing grade. Simply regurgitating the above will result in: fail.

What do you need a mirror for??

I shave in my shower every day by simply taking the foam off my head, putting it on my face, and shaving away. Never need to see what I am doing. Feeling is much better :)

And you eliminate the risk of shock when you look at the reflection of your face. :lol:

There's a knick-knack shop next to the Rimpings that's near Airport Plaza that definitely has small mirrors and suction cups. Won't speak to whether they have the two combined in a single blisterpack, but I'd bet 500 baht that they do... they have a lot of really useful and otherwise hard-to-find items there.

Here's the simple answer which works a charm. Go to any cosmetic counter and buy a small mirror encased in plastic. Break and remove plastic and you have a metal mirror. Attach to shower tile using white double sided tape available at 7-11.

Do it myself everywhere I live in Thailand.

OP, what you're after can be found at Index on the super highway. I bought one a couple of years ago for about 2,000 baht....

Merlin,

I went to Index day before yesterday and didn't find anything like what I am looking for. Do you remember what section it was in? I searched the obvious places (bathroom stuff) but no luck.

David

Here's the simple answer which works a charm. Go to any cosmetic counter and buy a small mirror encased in plastic. Break and remove plastic and you have a metal mirror. Attach to shower tile using white double sided tape available at 7-11.

Do it myself everywhere I live in Thailand.

Good plan. I'll see what I can find as I go out today.

Thanks

David

OP, what you're after can be found at Index on the super highway. I bought one a couple of years ago for about 2,000 baht....

Merlin,

I went to Index day before yesterday and didn't find anything like what I am looking for. Do you remember what section it was in? I searched the obvious places (bathroom stuff) but no luck.

David

Hi, it was amongst the various toiletries. Did you ask a member of staff for assistance, perhaps they were out of stock. Tell them you want Gra-jok and mime a shaving motion. That's what I done and it seemed to work.

Good luck with your search....

OP, it's been a couple of days now since you started the topic. Just curious, how long is your beard by now? :rolleyes: (I presume you haven't found your mirror)

Check out the avatar. Its not the beard that I have to work on. biggrin.gif

David

OP, it's been a couple of days now since you started the topic. Just curious, how long is your beard by now? :rolleyes: (I presume you haven't found your mirror)

Check out the avatar. Its not the beard that I have to work on. biggrin.gif

David

:lol:

I hope I am not straying too far off topic when I ask where one can find smallish bedroom mirrors. I have a small bed but an active life probably made even more enjoyable, I suspect, if I have the proper mirrors placed appropriately. Help, please!

Thanks all for the input.

I found just what I needed. I was wandering through Robinson in the auto section and they had a small mirror with a large suction cup. It is used to attach to the windshield and keep an eye on the kids in the back. Was just perfect for what I had in mind.

Thanks again.

David

I found just what I needed. I was wandering through Robinson in the auto section and they had a small mirror with a large suction cup. It is used to attach to the windshield and keep an eye on the kids in the back. Was just perfect for what I had in mind.

Thanks again.

David

Bathroom mirror in the automotive section! Great. Congratulations. It is sometimes wonderful what one finds or learns by just wandering around. Everyone should do it often.

Thanks again.

David

Glad you found your mirror. What floor is the auto section that you refer to?

Thanks....

Thanks again.

David

Glad you found your mirror. What floor is the auto section that you refer to?

Thanks....

It was the top floor ... 4th I think. Very small section but had just what I needed.

David