What Is The Difference Between Thosed Who Makes 20K Baht And 100K Baht A Month?

gravion

Mostly it has to do with family connections. Both of your examples will have completed college (such as it is here). The higher paid job will certainly be in Bangkok. Maybe it will go to a Chula graduate (though there's absolutely nothing special about them, except their thinking that being a Chula graduate means something). A Montana State graduate would probaly be the better candidate , (assuming they speak Thai).

Sometimes it just comes down to education & training.

More likely born in the right family.

I don't know if the OP was talking about Thai citizens or foreigners. If he was talking about Thais, then yeah, maybe, I don't really know enough to have a solid opinion. But if he's talking about expats, I think it has much less to do with family background and more to do with education/training. Not just the amount of education, but also type. For example, if we look at teachers, an English teacher with a degree in business or physics and a TEFL certificate might only make 20 or 30k in certain settings. A teacher with a degree in education and a teaching certificate (especially from the west) can easily make 100k+. It does come down to the education & training. That doesn't say that one type of education is superior to the other, it just means that they are not the same - and the choices we expats made regarding education & training during our lives in the the west plays a big part in our salary in Thailand.

Sometimes it just comes down to education & training.

More likely born in the right family.

yep a family that teaches them that education is important. i know a family from a very humble back ground raised in chumphon with 5 children. all the children managed to graduate from uni; one as a doctor, 3 as accountants and an other in business management. all of them live and work in bkk and all earn well over 100k per mo.