A Large Water Fliter Wanted

BIGJIMMY

We have an underground water tank which is supplied direct from the government water, we have a water pump that keeps the pressure in the house at a nice level, we have a small water filter on the kitchen tap that the Mrs uses for drinking etc, the water from the tank is for the showers, taps, garden etc, having been in the house for nearly two years now I have noticed that over time there is a build up of grim and slime on some of the plugs and in a couple of the showers, this isn't from the lack of cleaning but from the water so I want to get a large water filter fitted to the system before in reaches the tank - you know what I mean, can someone please advise a shop in Pattaya that sells and fits these please??

Ta muchly,

Jimmy

There is a shop on Pattaya Tai just as you come off Sukhumvit - about 100m from Sukhumvit, you will see the big stainless filters sitting outside the shop. I got one from there a few years back, it's about 8 feet high about a foot in diameter and cost around 12,000 baht delivered and fitted.

They have many different sizes.

To be fitted after the tank and pump, so your pump is drawing watter from the tank and pushing it through the filter.

I would avoid the so called "stainless steel" filters. They are typically made in Thailand from

the cheapest stainless steel that there is and WILL ROST through. My first one lasted 2

years. However, I do have well water which is very iron rich and did fuel the rosting process.

City water might be a bit better, but I would go the safe route and get one of those filters

made out of composite materials. They are also easier to maintain, if you ever want to

replace the carbon inside ... the stainless steel one that I had, needed to have 8 huge

nuts removed to pop the top ... on the composite one, the entire head can be twisted

off. Another advantage my composite filter has is that it came with a multi-functional

head that allows for the filter to be easily cleaned (backwash mode).

Cheers,

rudi

I would avoid the so called "stainless steel" filters. They are typically made in Thailand from

the cheapest stainless steel that there is and WILL ROST through. My first one lasted 2

years. However, I do have well water which is very iron rich and did fuel the rosting process.

City water might be a bit better, but I would go the safe route and get one of those filters

made out of composite materials. They are also easier to maintain, if you ever want to

replace the carbon inside ... the stainless steel one that I had, needed to have 8 huge

nuts removed to pop the top ... on the composite one, the entire head can be twisted

off. Another advantage my composite filter has is that it came with a multi-functional

Cheers,

rudi

what is the name on it pls?

Thanks peeps, some good suggestions, I perhaps should have also mentioned that we only have a small pumup house where the pipes and the water pump are kept, its only about 4 1/2 feet in height, its quite wide but with the swimming pool stuff in there as well there isn't a massive amount of room, now thinking about it, it might be a problem, especially for an 8 feet high model!!

Ta.

Jimmy

I'm not sure why the size of the pump house would be an issue. I have quite often seen these really tall tanks mounted outside the pump room.

As far as these composite material tanks, at first they intrigued me I saw one at a water filter vendor located in Lotus (Pattaya Thai). The anti-corrosion characteristics and having only one multiport valve on the top seemed cool. But then I thought about it some more. TIT, where it is difficult to get parts and specialized parts are very expensive.The seals go out in my multiport valve on my pool filter quite often. It's not easy to get the seals and when you do find them they are about 10 times the price they should be. Also for the valve to be serviced properly PVC unions should be used. Again these are very expensive and hard to find.I quickly nixed the idea.It would be difficult to justify their expensive price.

A stainless steel tank with PVC valves and pipes seems to be a better option.

Be aware some of these large filters use galvanized pipes and valves even though the tank is stainless steel. This would be subject to corrosion very easily and very few plumbers here can work with fitting galvanized pipes. It would also be questionable if it would solve your problem.

Whatever I buy in the end will have to go inside my pump house as thats where the pipes and the pump are located and the underground tank is also - well under it and the whole thing is in a corner of our garden all blended in with the outer wall so I really don't want it on the outside. Thanks for the comments, will crack on.

Jimmy

Cheers,

rudi

I really don't know. It looks like it is made from fiber glass, is about 5 foot tall. With

a large multi position valve on top. I have seen them at almost every major HW store,

HW Works, Home Pro, etc ...

Lomatec (on Teprasit) also carries some and they do installations as well. Foreigner

run company ... www.lomatec.com

Cheers,

rudi

Cheers,

rudi

I really don't know. It looks like it is made from fiber glass, is about 5 foot tall. With

a large multi position valve on top. I have seen them at almost every major HW store,

HW Works, Home Pro, etc ...

Lomatec (on Teprasit) also carries some and they do installations as well. Foreigner

run company ... www.lomatec.com

Cheers,

rudi

May I beg for a pix, pls?

My gigantic filtering tank needs replacement since last year.... LOL

been putting it off and off and off....

The replacement of the filtering layers was quoted at 16,000 THB.... :o

Thinking of replacing it with direct pressured pump....?