Christian(C Of E) Church

Wellington

Ill just cop the burning at the local temple. does it really matter? I'll just chat with whoever is at heavens gates. See if i can cruise in...say sorry for all the bad stuff I did..but really im not that bad.....im sure i wont need the translation app on my i phonejap.gif

I have seen a church in Phuket Town, i think it may be catholic

I know the one, and I also think it's catholic

As I've been to a local funeral a la Budhism, I never want the same experience again.

Just checked the map, definitely roman catholic

You may have to convert if you want a christian burial.

As I've been to a local funeral a la Budhism, I never want the same experience again.

honestly buddy, you probably wont remember your own funeral

Edited by snamos

You can at least learn how to spell it. It's Buddhism.

Yes,I'm a bit tired today;

I'm not thinking for myself but for my family.

Surely there is a Christian priest on Phuket; does the International School have a chapel?

spell it in sanskrit and i will be impressed ^^^

I've seen a few churches around.

There's a small one if you turn right from the Chalong pier road before the turn for Mr. India (restaurant)

There's one about halfway to Phuket town from the Choafa East road but you must turn left on one of the crossroads towards Choafa West (I think there is an SBC bank on that corner where you turn)

There's another one near my son's friend's house that is hard to explain but, you turn right from Choafa East road somewhere around the Mr Butcher shop and go back a windy road.

They have what looks like a school but I've been told it's a church. They have a playground too. (my kid plays there)

Also, the Dowroong school is Catholic and I believe there is one priest there. (from what i've been told)

Sorry, i don't know the names of these places (churches) but they are there, at least signs saying so.

That's just in this little corner of the island (Chalong to Phuket town)

Good luck in your quest.

Also, I googled it and found 8 right away.

Contact the diocese office in Singapore. They have a list of servicing facilities and vicars. Thailand comes under the Singapore diocese,

Tel: + 65 - 6288 8944 Fax: + 65 - 6288 5538

Edited by LivinginKata
email removed as per forum rules

Please explain what was so horrible for you?

A service for a young friend in Samui, 5 years ago, we arrived at the appointed time, no Monks or sign of interest.

We sat for an hour, the Monks drifted in, they then went for another hour for their lunch.

Eventually a lot of moaning began and after half an hour we had to walk through piles of shit and rubbish to the crematorium.

When smoke came out the chimney, we drifted off. completely ignored.

A miserable experience.

Yes,I'm a bit tired today;

I'm not thinking for myself but for my family.

Surely there is a Christian priest on Phuket; does the International School have a chapel?

Sure there are a few, catholic and Protestant churches around phuket, i dont think you hava problem getting one..they even do weddings as well,i dont think it matters when you are dead... they can burn me and send my ashes back to my homeland and do what they want with them...i wont know..

As we are in Thailand it would be more appropriate to write it in Pali as in the Theravada tradition. Now where's my Pali font?

बौद्ध धर्म

That was easy, at least Firefox on Linux shows it right.

Phuket has the highest concentration of Christians (thai) in Thailand. I have one who works for me.

Just how did you arrive at that conclusion, pray tell....

Me: Why are you reading a book all the time instead of working?

Thai Guy: Its the bible

Me: No way! You are a Christian?

Him: Yes, there are many thai Christians in Phuket, the most in all of Thailand.

Me: You must be joking?

Him: thou shalt not lie

Me: Why are you reading a book all the time instead of working?

Thai Guy: Its the bible

Me: No way! You are a Christian?

Him: Yes, there are many thai Christians in Phuket, the most in all of Thailand.

Me: You must be joking?

Him: thou shalt not lie

I don't always trust Wikipedia, but I would put my faith in that over your employee. From Wikipedia:

"Christians are numerically and organizationally concentrated more heavily in the North, where they make up an estimated 10% of some lowland districts (e.g., Chomtong, Chiang Mai) and up to very high percents in tribal districts (e.g., Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son)."

I have been to 1 and had no bad experience at all. The days before the burning comming together to eat drink and talk at the wat were a great help.

Wellington, I agree that Thai funerals lack the dignity of Christian funerals. I found it odd that everyone is paraded in front of the coffin for photographs, people take photos of the body if the coffin happens to be open, the black Man Utd away shirt that's deemed suitable attire and worst the way the coffin is manhandled into the furnace. I have seen the soles of the feet used to move it those last couple of inches.

So for your family and friends, do it your way (but not yet!)

Wellington, I agree that Thai funerals lack the dignity of Christian funerals. I found it odd that everyone is paraded in front of the coffin for photographs, people take photos of the body if the coffin happens to be open, the black Man Utd away shirt that's deemed suitable attire and worst the way the coffin is manhandled into the furnace. I have seen the soles of the feet used to move it those last couple of inches.

So for your family and friends, do it your way (but not yet!)

No ,we're trying to hold on another ten years!