Buy Lightroom 3 Here Or ?

I guess after some discussion here and elsewhere I am leaning towards Lightroom for intuitive handling versus Aperture.

May I ask where would you buy it? I will go to Germany soon or buy by mail order?.

English Version totally ok, no German needed.

If you have a good enough internet access & credit card, then you can buy directly online i believe.

The 30 day full trial version is freely downloadable from the web...so all you would need is the serial number later to make it licensed.

True.. if you have credit cards from different countries see which one offers you the best deal. There is a $199 US introductory offer floating around there somewhere..

But for sure, download the free trial and try it before buying. It's exactly the same as you'd download if you buy it, you just enter a serial to activate it to go beyond 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes just changing the currency quoted can get you a better deal

when purchasing on line.

That's a very helpful hint, might be extremely valuable when buying airline tickets online!!

Also heard that a giving web site remembers repeat visits and may jack up prices.

Cookies are place by the computer ID not buy the browser, i..e changing from Firefox to Chrome doesn't do the trick, or??

Hi,

Lightroom Student or Teacher Version is only 74.- Euro on Amazon:

Amazon Germany

On the Adobe Website it is around 90.- USD for the Student Version and around 300 USD for the "normal Version":

http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/education_pricing.html

To switch currencies works sometimes with software, because software is especially expensive in Euro countries, I never seen huge difference if it comes to Airline tickets from the same website.

In this case Adobe wants 299 USD for Lightroom, if you switch to the German Adobe store it is 299 Euro. 299 USD = 214 Euro.

As for the cookies:

If you are worried about that, use Firefox and start private mode (ctrl+shift+P) = no cookies or history.

If you neither a student nor a teacher this is the perfect reason for a new mia neu student :D

She does amortize herself, just order the Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection and you save more then 1700 USD, that should cover the first 3 month :whistling: