Marriage Visa

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am an American citizen. I am going back home this April to renew my VISA. I had a marriage VISA but changed my last VISA to a NON Immigrant "B". I was wondering if I can change again to a marriage VISA and if so, what documents I would need for a Marriage VISA. I will be going to the Thai Consulate in Hawaii.

Thank You For Your Time,

You apply for a non-O visa, based on your marriage.

What you will need vareis a bit from consulate to consulate, but normally the wedding certificate and a copy of your wife's ID-card and household book should do the trick. A small note from the misses asking for a visa for you might be nice.

To be sure contact the consulet first for the documetns they might want to see. Some also want to see some kind of financial statement, but suspect that is not the case in Hawaii.

You do now you can get an extension of stay based on arrige from immigraiton in Thailand?

It requires an incoem of 40,000 a month (can be from abroad)

OR

400,000 in a Thai bankaccount in your name for 2 or 3 months

You can change your reason of stay from work to marriage or retirement, yes. Simply visit immmigration for an extension of stay and fill in the required form and now state the new reason of stay and provide the required documents.

Yes, a non-O is availeble in Vientiane. Single entry only and not for reasons of visiting friends etc. Marriage or retirement should be no problem.

Added question(s) for this thread.

Can a Non B be changed into a Non O from within Thailand?

Is a Non O obtainable in Vientiane?

Thank you.

DR

You can get extension of stay based on marriage with your non-B visa.

I have done it.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Paperwork:

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

Edited by PoorSucker

Thanks for the fast reply and information..

You apply for a non-O visa, based on your marriage.

What you will need vareis a bit from consulate to consulate, but normally the wedding certificate and a copy of your wife's ID-card and household book should do the trick. A small note from the misses asking for a visa for you might be nice.

To be sure contact the consulet first for the documetns they might want to see. Some also want to see some kind of financial statement, but suspect that is not the case in Hawaii.

You do now you can get an extension of stay based on arrige from immigraiton in Thailand?

It requires an incoem of 40,000 a month (can be from abroad)

OR

400,000 in a Thai bankaccount in your name for 2 or 3 months

OK I will take the added information into consideration too. Thanks again

You can change your reason of stay from work to marriage or retirement, yes. Simply visit immmigration for an extension of stay and fill in the required form and now state the new reason of stay and provide the required documents.

Yes, a non-O is availeble in Vientiane. Single entry only and not for reasons of visiting friends etc. Marriage or retirement should be no problem.

Added question(s) for this thread.

Can a Non B be changed into a Non O from within Thailand?

Is a Non O obtainable in Vientiane?

Thank you.

DR

You can get extension of stay based on marriage with your non-B visa.

I have done it.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Paperwork:

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

Ok. I am on a mission. let you know how it goes. Thank you.