Non-Imm O Confusion

According to the thread below, a Non-imm O visa requires 400k in the bank for 2 months.

When I look at the sticky, it looks like they must be talking about an O-A, not O. It also states you must have 800k in the bank.

which is right?

Are they strict with the 50 year age requirement if we are talking about an O-A? (I'm 46)

I just realized I have over 400k in a Thai bank for almost a year and was wondering if I can get a Non-im visa. I'm not married to a Thai national.

The O-A is a retirement visa. You get that in your home country (not Thailand) if you are over 50. You can't get one based on your age. There are different ways to financially qualify for O-A visas and also retirement extensions in Thailand. Basically they all add up to either 800K baht or 65K baht monthly income or a combo. For the O-A, there is no Thai bank account requirement, if using banked money to qualify, you can show non-Thai located money. The money seasoning requirements are for retirement extensions in Thailand for those solely using the 800K, it's two months for the first one, three months for subsequent ones. To get into the retirement extension system in Thailand, starting with an O-A is optional, not a requirement.

The O-A is a retirement visa. You get that in your home country (not Thailand) if you are over 50. You can't get one based on your age. There are different ways to financially qualify for O-A visas and also retirement extensions in Thailand. Basically they all add up to either 800K baht or 65K baht monthly income or a combo. For the O-A, there is no Thai bank account requirement, if using banked money to qualify, you can show non-Thai located money. The money seasoning requirements are for retirement extensions in Thailand for those solely using the 800K, it's two months for the first one, three months for subsequent ones. To get into the retirement extension system in Thailand, starting with an O-A is optional, not a requirement.

but most O-A's need medical & police record requirements as well jap.gif

a Non-imm O visa requires

It would appear that it depends where you apply, best is to email a few Consults/ Embassy and ask what is needed for a Non-imm O visa...

I sent 6 emails,[All around Asia] most replies were different, 2 Consults wanted a letter from a Bank showing 400k, there was no mention of money seasoning requirements. the others were less

totally confusing no it appear different places interpret the rules differently the only way to be sure to to ask each place to find out what they want.

For retirement they are very strict about the 50 years so you do not qualify.

As you are not married to a Thai national you don't qualify.

Best solution for you would be to look at a non-Immigrant ED from one of the sponsors on this site.

For retirement they are very strict about the 50 years so you do not qualify.

As you are not married to a Thai national you don't qualify.

Best solution for you would be to look at a non-Immigrant ED from one of the sponsors on this site.

But if you own a flat (apartment) in Thailand in your name, you can get Non-O multi entry visa from Brisbane :rolleyes: