Holiday Visa To Uk

Hi everyone

New member, first post. After reading a lot of posts on the subject of getting a visitor pass for my girlfriend to visit the UK, it seems that most people here have been in long term relationships and were still being refused visas. My question is this. I have only known my girlfriend since November, visited her twice, and now I thought it would be nice for her to come to UK to see the country and meet friends and family. Does anybody think we have any chance of being granted a visa? My girlfriend has job of 10 years but no savings. I will sponsor all of her visit but am starting to think that there is no way she will be granted a visa.

I would appreciate any response.

Thanks

Don't worry about her having no money , Has she a bank book to prove she has been working for the last ten years as you stated , that should be enough. many Thais live hand to mouth so they cannot save , many people have got visas when there lady has nothing in the Bank , just remember she has to prove she will go home, reason to return is the biggest thing, best of luck it can be done.

Also make sure you have at least £5000 or £6000 in your bank on your most recent statement and try for 3 months visit first time again proof she will go home is a tough one

Absolutly no need for a sponsor to show that amount of money in their bank account.

The applicant needs to demonstrate that the visit is genuine and of a reasonable length and that she is likely to conform to the visa regulations and leave the UK at the conclusion of the trip.

The sponsor needs to demonstrate that it is reasonable to sponsor the trip and affordable. Provide proof of your source of income and three to six months worth of bank statements which indicate that indicate a flow of monry through the account leaving enough to fulfill your "sponsorship obligations". In your covering letter provide details of the proposed trip, details of your relationship and your plans forthe future, if appropriate.

It's not easy to give specific advice when we don't know the background. For instance, your girlfriend has been working for 10 years, but has she been in the same job for all that time ? Does she have holiday leave ? In fact, how long does she want to stay in the UK ?

If your girlfriend is in the Pattaya/Jomtien area we are happy to give a free initial consultation to see if everything looks okay. Alternatively, if you would like to give more detail in this forum, you will get advice from many sources.

Many thanks for everyones response. I think my covering letter has said everything that is required. My girlfriend has been in same job for ten years and has letter from employer stating her earnings and confirming that she has been given holiday leave.

My next question is this after having mentioned several times on VAF1A form that reason for her trip is to visit boyfriend in U.K., shall we say on section "8.8 Do you have friends in U.K." answer yes, boyfriend? I am thinking yes, it might be obvious but in visa guidance notes it only mentions family relations. Then section 8.9 asks "do you intend to visit any of these family members" shall I tick the no box as this time there is no mention of friends.

And now the part that has really got me scratching my head. Section 5.15 to 5.19. Now I have already stated in sponsor letter that I am meeting all costs of her trip. So in 5.15 "what money is available for your trip" & 5.18 "if someone else is paying for trip, how much money will they give you" do we put costs of air fair, insurance etc. and finally 5.19 "what is cost to you personally of your trip" I am thinking we should just put the amount of one months wages.

Again many thanks for any help

Edited by afunkateer

Ok , add up the total cost of the trip ie flight ,spending money and anything else related to it and

put that same figure down for all three 5.15 , 5.18,and 5.19.

These costs are only her costs ,so don't add your costs onto it.

Finally the best bit of advice i can give is to be truthful and you should'nt have any problems.

Good luck.