Still Getting Email For Every Reply In A Topic.

ScubaBuddha

This has been an ongoing problem I have mentioned here, as have others, many times of the last couple years. Am I incorrect in my understanding that one email should be sent for a thread then none until after I visit the thread again? I had 4 pages of notifications from the same thread. Is there nothing that can be done? I would like to use the notification system but now must unsubscribe to everything. And now apparently getting the large empty space between my text and pic.

email.jpg

Edited by ScubaBuddha

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you forum support for your timely and helpful response. It makes perfect sense to have such a wonderful support forum where mods and admins can quickly respond to the concerns of the members as is evidenced by the plethora of information provided to me right here in this thread.

<_<

Thank you forum support for your timely and helpful response. It makes perfect sense to have such a wonderful support forum where mods and admins can quickly respond to the concerns of the members as is evidenced by the plethora of information provided to me right here in this thread.

<_<

Quickest Way To Get Forum Support/help!

When you click the "watch topic" button you have a number of choices for how often you will be notified, see (click) the screenshot below:

post-1539-0-97657400-1301425628_thumb.pn

If you choose delayed or immediate notification you will receive an email notification for each post to the topic. This seems to be your situation.

Alternatively you can choose daily or weekly digest. With that you will just receive one mail daily or weekly with all the updates.

What you request, just one mail and then no updates until you read the forum again, does not appear to be an option with this forum software.

You can modify your current notifications by going to "my settings" > "notification options" (on the left).

When you click the "watch topic" button you have a number of choices for how often you will be notified, see (click) the screenshot below:

post-1539-0-97657400-1301425628_thumb.pn

If you choose delayed or immediate notification you will receive an email notification for each post to the topic. This seems to be your situation.

Alternatively you can choose daily or weekly digest. With that you will just receive one mail daily or weekly with all the updates.

What you request, just one mail and then no updates until you read the forum again, does not appear to be an option with this forum software.

You can modify your current notifications by going to "my settings" > "notification options" (on the left).

Myself tried all the "notification options" still get 1x email per reply, so sometimes in the morning have 50+ emails about replies to the same topic, using gmail so have lots of storage space so no problem, if there are 50 emails I just delete 49 of them.

The other way on the top of the 'post' is a icon 'watch topic' or 'Stop watching topic' so if it is a topic that has lots of posts I simple click 'Stop watching topic' = no emails + can watch the topic myself if I want, as it is a busy topic then it will appear on the 1st page or 3 anyway everyday.

Hope that the next update will address this "notification options" + the problems as reported many times about the problem some of us have using 'Chrome' ......... Hate having to open IE to see some pictures!! often will not show in Firefox as well as Chrome..... always hopeful that will be corrected in the next update

If you have selected daily or weekly digest for a topic but still receive one mail per post I think you may have two subscriptions for the topic - one daily or weekly digest and one delayed or immediate notification.

Try going to your control panel and clicking on the "Manage Watched Topics" link in the "Forums" tab.

That will show you the topics you have subscribed to and how you subscribed to it.

Delete any subscriptions that are listed as delayed or immediate notification.

Regarding the other issue you mentioned about not being able to see pictures. I assume you refer to the problem with thumbnails sometimes appearing to be broken? It does not seem to be a browser issue, it happens in all browsers. We are aware of the problem and working to find a solution. Please have patience.

Thanks you for responding.

I am aware of the different options. I have always used the "immediate" option and usually I get one notification which says "you will only get one notification" but I often get more. I have unsubscribed to all threads now.

However, I am ALSO getting typically between 2 to 10 emails for every new topic, so it's not just the replies.

I know what you are referring to, I have seen this in other forums, however, it's not an option with our software so I think you might be mistaking it with another forum.

As for getting multiple emails for each update, that's an issue we're aware of and looking into. It is discussed here if you want more details about that.

If you have selected daily or weekly digest for a topic but still receive one mail per post I think you may have two subscriptions for the topic - one daily or weekly digest and one delayed or immediate notification.

Try going to your control panel and clicking on the "Manage Watched Topics" link in the "Forums" tab.

That will show you the topics you have subscribed to and how you subscribed to it.

Delete any subscriptions that are listed as delayed or immediate notification.

Regarding the other issue you mentioned about not being able to see pictures. I assume you refer to the problem with thumbnails sometimes appearing to be broken? It does not seem to be a browser issue, it happens in all browsers. We are aware of the problem and working to find a solution. Please have patience.

Thanks for reply, really now got use to so many replies and start off as soon as I open my mail by deleting [only 44 this morning] have had well over 100 some days

Re Pictures,,,,,, thumbnails yes is pot luck if they show, sometimes all are blank, sometimes some show, other times all will show........ Really was referring to Classified, No infor + No pictures ever show in 'Chrome' sometimes show in Firefox but often only the info and NO pictures.... Open IE always everything shows info + Pics + thumbnails in a topic..

yesterday a car for sale, blank on 'Chrome' used 'Firefox' showed info, but NO pictures + still had no idea what car it was, had to open IE = pictures showed = car was a Hillman Hunter..

Thanks for reply, really now got use to so many replies and start off as soon as I open my mail by deleting [only 44 this morning] have had well over 100 some days

Please try and remove the subscriptions as I explained earlier, then put them back in, and let us know if that fixes the problem.

Re Pictures,,,,,, thumbnails yes is pot luck if they show, sometimes all are blank, sometimes some show, other times all will show........ Really was referring to Classified, No infor + No pictures ever show in 'Chrome' sometimes show in Firefox but often only the info and NO pictures.... Open IE always everything shows info + Pics + thumbnails in a topic..

yesterday a car for sale, blank on 'Chrome' used 'Firefox' showed info, but NO pictures + still had no idea what car it was, had to open IE = pictures showed = car was a Hillman Hunter..

Actually http://classifieds.thaivisa.com is running different software than the forum, there are no known problems with photos on that site.

I had a look for this ad to check it myself but I couldn't find it so I checked a couple of other ads and photos always came up fine for me in Chrome.

Do you have any extensions installed? If so you might want to try to disable them, at least for this site, to see if that fixes your problem.