Retirement Extension/Re-Entry Permit

I recently applied and obtained from immigration a 12 months retirement extension following on from my multiple non imm O visa.

What I didn't do is to obtain a re-entry permit as I will be going to the UK for short period in August.

In this respect, do I just need to go to immigration and complete the relevant form and pay the fee involved?

Regards

I always get a single re-entry permit right about get my retirement extension of stay....takes about another 20 minutes to get the permit at Bangkok Immigration. As mentioned, exact dates are not important but on the TM8 reentry permit application form I put a three week period just before the expiration date of the new extension of stay. Whether you end up using the permit or not, it's nice to know you ready to go in case of an emergency which requires you to fly out same day/very quickly....not rushing to immigration to get the permit....and you just know Murphy's Law will bite you by immigration being closed for the weekend, holiday period, protests, whatever reason, etc., just when you need the re-entry permit. And I just wouldn't want to rely on hopefully being able to the get re-entry permit at the airport due to a variety of reasons. Well worth the 1000 baht permit fee whether you use the permit or not during the year...call it insurance on helping to maintain your retirement extension of stay and some additional peace of mind.

I always get a single re-entry permit right about get my retirement extension of stay....takes about another 20 minutes to get the permit at Bangkok Immigration. As mentioned, exact dates are not important but on the TM8 reentry permit application form I put a three week period just before the expiration date of the new extension of stay. Whether you end up using the permit or not, it's nice to know you ready to go in case of an emergency which requires you to fly out same day/very quickly....not rushing to immigration to get the permit....and you just know Murphy's Law will bite you by immigration being closed for the weekend, holiday period, protests, whatever reason, etc., just when you need the re-entry permit. And I just wouldn't want to rely on hopefully being able to the get re-entry permit at the airport due to a variety of reasons. Well worth the 1000 baht permit fee whether you use the permit or not during the year...call it insurance on helping to maintain your retirement extension of stay and some additional peace of mind.

I agree on retirement visa also. always have a re-entry permit in the passport. I recently enquired if the Korat Immigration office would transfer a multiple re-entry permit into a new passport, as mine is almost full of stamps, then told me they would not, but they would transfer the retirement visa to a new passport.