Sharp Drop In Temperatures Felt In Thailand As Mercury Plummets Nationwide

webfact

its funny that the country does it meteorological research on message boards instead of Google. this week (saturday) the moon will be the closest its been to Earth since 1983 (completing an 18 year cycle) and will cause extreme gravitational pull.

"Super full Moons occur whenever the Moon's perigee period — the time when it is closest to our home planet — coincides with the middle of its lunar cycle. It's a rare occasion that only occurs about once every 18 years."

http://www.tecca.com...uper-full-moon/

"This proxigean cycle is when the moon has its strongest gravitational pull and so a maximum tidal effect on the earth. Some research suggests that seismic activity is more likely to occur around this time, but is still dependent on the nature of the dynamics in tectonic plates."

http://www.suite101....lusters-a358333

all heil the SuperMoon.

does 83+18 still add up to 101 ,,,or have l missed something since l last went to school,, if it does the super moon is running a bit late ,,, must be global warming/cooling , whatever ;)

Awesome post and I do have crazy weather in Silicon Valley. I thought I am done with Winter and ready for Spring season however tonight it is freezing temperature and the rain will continuing until Sunday night. Ouch???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<br>
<br>My thick furry persian cats feel right at home...<br>
<br><br>This thick and furry viking does too.<br>
<br><br><br><font size="4">Remember Mrs Slocombe (pronounced Slowcum) on "Are you being served?"    She was the one who used to refer to "my pussy" (with her Lancashire accent and blue/pink/green wigs).<br><br>RIP Mollie Sugden<br>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_Sugden<br></font> Edited by blazes

Al Gore will probably try to say it's " climate change" caused by our SUV's!

Right on Miami Bob!

Mr. Gore and his cartel of elites, who produced the movie on global warming called An Inconvenient Truth, would probably tell you that all of this cold weather is being caused by global warming. Yes, Mr. Gore and his friends spent a few million dollars to convince you that cold weather really means hot weather :blink:

What Mr. Gore did not tell you in his film is that he and his friends own very lucrative companies that deal in the marketing of Carbon Credits, and that they stand to make billions of dollars if they can convince you to support your government's plans to pass legislation to limit carbon emissions and to legally mandate the global, international trading of Carbon Credits. Hummm. That was just a small, inconvenient truth that was left out of the movie. Darn! :whistling:

So everyone! Open up those beautiful minds of yours and connect the dots... and enjoy this wonderful cool weather we are experiencing in the middle of the hot season. 'Tis just a small proclivity of Mother Nature for your enjoyment. :rolleyes:

"Gee Whiz! Thanks Mother Nature!!!" :)

Forget Al Gore and the other limousine liberals, they make me want to puke too. Regardless there is a well established scientific model that dictates the earth's carbon equilibrium is directly linked to the earth's weather. That model holds up across time. It is the reason for the ice age and it applies today also.

Global warming means human's pump way too much carbon in the atmosphere and we artificially warm the planet in an unnatural amount of time. What mother nature does to react to that is up to her. Cold weather, hot weather, no rain, too much rain, high winds, no winds, or what ever fits her fancy. In the end she will win.

It's nothing an asteroid hit won't fix :D

Here is something interesting to read for everyone.

I am not claiming it all to be true and I didn't read this guy's book but this summary makes a lot of sense.

Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!

If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.

Australians showed sense in resisting the govt pressure to agree to a carbon tax before the Copenhagen Conference - which seems years ago now.

Are you sitting down?

Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of Bali, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs ...well, all of those things you have done went down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.

Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus "human-caused" climate change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention "Global Warming" any more, but just "Climate Change" - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

But hey, relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!

PS: I wonder if Iceland is buying carbon offsets?

Right on Miami Bob!

Mr. Gore and his cartel of elites, who produced the movie on global warming called An Inconvenient Truth, would probably tell you that all of this cold weather is being caused by global warming. Yes, Mr. Gore and his friends spent a few million dollars to convince you that cold weather really means hot weather :blink:

What Mr. Gore did not tell you in his film is that he and his friends own very lucrative companies that deal in the marketing of Carbon Credits, and that they stand to make billions of dollars if they can convince you to support your government's plans to pass legislation to limit carbon emissions and to legally mandate the global, international trading of Carbon Credits. Hummm. That was just a small, inconvenient truth that was left out of the movie. Darn! :whistling:

So everyone! Open up those beautiful minds of yours and connect the dots... and enjoy this wonderful cool weather we are experiencing in the middle of the hot season. 'Tis just a small proclivity of Mother Nature for your enjoyment. :rolleyes:

Forget Al Gore and the other limousine liberals, they make me want to puke too. Regardless there is a well established scientific model that dictates the earth's carbon equilibrium is directly linked to the earth's weather. That model holds up across time. It is the reason for the ice age and it applies today also.

Global warming means human's pump way too much carbon in the atmosphere and we artificially warm the planet in an unnatural amount of time. What mother nature does to react to that is up to her. Cold weather, hot weather, no rain, too much rain, high winds, no winds, or what ever fits her fancy. In the end she will win.

Actually I don't disagree with the fact that global warming is a phenomenon that occurs on this planet. So is global cooling. The Earth has gone through significant warming and cooling cycles throughout recorded history, and there are tomes of paleoclimatological evidence that show these cycles occurring throughout the long geological history of this planet. This is nothing new. I find the various theories, pros and cons, to be fascinating – but they're theories. You can attempt to find statistical correlations and draw your conclusion as you wish, but at the end of the day, I don't think you can definitively prove the causes either way. But unlike the more impassioned folk commenting on this thread, I'm not emotional wrapped up in the issue. Man-made CO2 emissions, solar flares, buffalo farts…who really knows? In the big scheme of things, one rouge asteroid or comet and the whole issue is a moot point :lol: Most people filter their world-view through the lens of a single life-time. You need to screw on the wide-angle lens on to see the bigger picture.

But trading carbon credits? Boy I wish I had the "buy-in" money to get a piece of that scam, and then use it to help to improve the lives of those less fortunate who will be the most adversely affected by the rising costs associated with this elaborate con-job.

And for our more liberal friends who thinks that anyone who holds a view like mine is some kind of the SUV driving, hateful, right-wing nut job – I live a simple, quite life in a one room apartment, I drive a Honda 125cc motorcycle and a mountain bike, I try of find compassion for all sentient beings including Al Gore (yeah I'm Buddhist), I have the carbon footprint of a CO2 midget, and I don't fit well in anyone's right-left paradigm (which suits me just fine). So take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy this wonderful weather – whatever its cause! Hell, if man-made CO2 emissions caused this weather, I need to start eating beans and farting more!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by connda

What a pathetic news story. 18 degrees is NOT cold. If they dress uplike eskimos for 18 degrees, how on earth would they cope with -25. Where I live right now, it barely reaches 10 degrees currently and you see people dressed in T-shirts. I wish this website would report some proper news like what is going on in Libya and Bahrain and what was passed at the UN last night, instead of telling us about sissy Thai people who think it's cold when it is hot. . .

twas 15 c in parts of Chiangmai this morning at 0500 am now up to 16c - 0747am - and guess what the SUN is coming out for the first time in 4 days!!! awesome!

I live in Chiang Mai and in my room right now it is 27degrees and I stopped shivering.

What a pathetic news story. 18 degrees is NOT cold. If they dress uplike eskimos for 18 degrees, how on earth would they cope with -25. Where I live right now, it barely reaches 10 degrees currently and you see people dressed in T-shirts. I wish this website would report some proper news like what is going on in Libya and Bahrain and what was passed at the UN last night, instead of telling us about sissy Thai people who think it's cold when it is hot. . .

All good and nice, but dont forget we are all acclimatized, I once lived in a snow covered country and loved it, but you can have it now, thank's.

Here is something interesting to read for everyone.

I am not claiming it all to be true and I didn't read this guy's book but this summary makes a lot of sense.

Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!

If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.

Australians showed sense in resisting the govt pressure to agree to a carbon tax before the Copenhagen Conference - which seems years ago now.

Are you sitting down?

Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of Bali, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs ...well, all of those things you have done went down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.

Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus "human-caused" climate change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention "Global Warming" any more, but just "Climate Change" - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

But hey, relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!

PS: I wonder if Iceland is buying carbon offsets?

You said it all Mate, I hope the Australian People dont buy in to that carbon tax and use their brains for a change.

Man, that was cold in Pattaya last night around midnight. I had to change from shorts and tanktop to shorts and t-shirt while riding around on my scooter.

If only it would continue for a bit. It will be a distant memory by weekend.

Right on Miami Bob!

Very interesting, my friend. Can you tell me where you found out this info on Gore or is it hearsay? I would like to do more research on this putz Gore, but before I condem i would like to know where the facts are obtained. Thnx 4 your input

I know next month will be the hottest month,real summer. This absolutely is at odds. Many phenomenons have been around since the new year. A research found that the day is shorter by 1.8 millionths of a second, and the Earth's axis shifted by 17 centimeters (6.5 inches). The earth quake in Japan is one of the 5th largest since 1900.

Did you know that Japan, the whole island, shifted 12 feet, after this quake?

I know next month will be the hottest month,real summer. This absolutely is at odds. Many phenomenons have been around since the new year. A research found that the day is shorter by 1.8 millionths of a second, and the Earth's axis shifted by 17 centimeters (6.5 inches). The earth quake in Japan is one of the 5th largest since 1900.

Did you know that Japan, the whole island, shifted 12 feet, after this quake?

really?. That's interesting. I didn't. But Thankz......

:whistling: Love the cool weather,

BUT, when the wet moist air from a strong sea breeze moves in the clash? :blink:

Spring comes to Thailand like a lion maybe.

Should be interesting, to see what La Nina has in store. The heavy Australian floods come to mind.

We should not second guess mother nature she is a sweetheart, lion, dragon, mouse and worm all rolled into one :jap:

When you are used to 35 degrees (normal temp. here in march) then 18 IS cold! I has been quite windy too. In northen Europe the temp in the summer months is about 20 normally, if it should drop to 4 or 5 I think you would find that cold too... Though I come from Scandinavia and should be used used to cold weather, I look to forward to tomorrow when they say it will be about 30 and sunshine, much more enjoyable...

Right on Miami Bob!

Very interesting, my friend. Can you tell me where you found out this info on Gore or is it hearsay? I would like to do more research on this putz Gore, but before I condem i would like to know where the facts are obtained. Thnx 4 your input

Google these companies and terms and then look at the inter-relationships. Gore's is co-owner of the firm Generation Investment Management:

Chicago Climate Exchange

Generation Investment Management

InterContinental Exchange

Joyce Foundation

Goldman Sachs

Merrill Lynch

Lehman Brother

Carbon Credits

Carbon Offsets

Cap-and-trade

I could offer you links, but if you're on the fence, or on the other side of the fence, it would be too easy for you to simply dismiss the sources as so much malarkey: Research and draw your own conclusions. The information is out there. ;)

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -- Lao Tzu :jap:

Edited by connda