Two Residences In Thailand -- Where To Report?

I own a condo in Jomtien and have lived in it full-time for six years. I apply for new retirement extensions annually and do 90-day reports at Cholburi Immigrations on Soi 5.

I just rented a townhouse in Hua Hin, starting 01 April, for a six month trial basis to sample life on that side of the Gulf.

I am due for a 90-day report in mid-April when I will be living in Hua Hin. Not sure how often, if at all, I'll be "visiting" my condo in Jomtien between April and September. (Who knows, maybe I'll either not like Hua Hin, or will miss Jomtien so much, that I permanently hightail it back across the Gulf?)

Should I return to Jomtien in April to do the 90-day report, and act like I still live there?

Am I required to report to Hua Hin Immigrations shortly after I move there to report a change of address? i.e. If one changes their residence in Thailand, how/when do they notify Immigrations of the change?

I live in my own condo, so not in any yellow book. I guess the prevailing sentiment above is to pretend I still live in Jomtien and report there?

To do a 90-day mail report to Cholburi Immigration, does anybody know if the generic TM.47 from http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download is okay, or do they have their own location-specific version?

Hmmm. Just read Mario2008's list of requirements to do a mail-in 90-day report in another thread. I forgot that I have to include a pre-addressed return envelope. Think they'd notice the Hua Hin return address? :whistling:

Oh, well. Might as well just plan on a brief trip back to Jomtien in April.

If you prefer to report to the Hua Hin office, give them your notification of change of address, Form TM.28, when you go for your 90-day address report. Indicate validity of the new address starting the day before your report, as I believe this change of address should theoretically be reported within 24 hours. This should keep the immigration official happy.

Aha. Thanks, Maestro, that's the form and info I was seeking. It states both:

"Your local police station must be notified of any change of address within 24 hours." and

"A stay in another of over 24 hours must be reported with 48 hours of arrival in that place."

Taking into account a bit of lost-in-translation-ness, do I take it that "officially/legally," once I move to Hua Hin I am supposed to report to the police station within 48 hours with this form? I'm confused a bit, since TM.28 is an Immigrations form (complete with a salutory "To The Immigration Officer" and a signature line for an "Immigration office") not a police form.

Also, I notice a slight misspelling of "Tambon." :whistling:

Police are not interested in reporting as a rule and would not expect such. Immigration are also police so I would do the TM28 immediately with them.

Immigration has also not required such reporting for transit type moves (exception being Hua Hin which used non reporting as a reason not to issue letters of residence). With the publication last year of the TM28 rules suspect this now is becoming policy with the opening of an office in each province so agree with above post to file both - when you return to Pattaya you will have to do again there. More useless paperwork/trips for everyone.

Police are not interested in reporting as a rule and would not expect such. Immigration are also police so I would do the TM28 immediately with them.

Immigration has also not required such reporting for transit type moves (exception being Hua Hin which used non reporting as a reason not to issue letters of residence). With the publication last year of the TM28 rules suspect this now is becoming policy with the opening of an office in each province so agree with above post to file both - when you return to Pattaya you will have to do again there. More useless paperwork/trips for everyone.

Hi I have read previously that if there is no immigration in your area you can report to the local police, Is this correct?

Thanks.

Why dont you just walk into Huahin's office and tell them that you're here now for six months and what next is to be done..... whistling.gif

Either they do it ......... or not. The paragraph says that you have to contact the immigration every ninety days. Should you be travelliing a lot then you pass immigration at the airport all the time ..... and you never see the immigration, be it in Jomtien or in Hua Hin. ;-)